Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 15:40 - Jan 13 with 16195 viewsTVOS1907

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-13.01.13-595622.aspx

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club Statement on 17:38 - Jan 13 with 1738 viewsNinco

Club Statement on 17:32 - Jan 13 by judd

I think the police statement you refer to embellished what was actually said, even the the fooker wasn't even there! Mitchell never denied the argument, just the extent of profanity.

The "witness" in the Sun link said the remark was made "apparently" and also that he "heard" it.

Make your own minds up.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4741015/Bobby-Grant-accused-

If it was in The Sun, it must be true.
Club Statement on 17:40 - Jan 13 with 1708 viewsisitme

Didn't the player who claimed to hear the comment have an altercation with Grant near the end of the game?
Club Statement on 17:40 - Jan 13 with 1710 viewsseasidedale

With the Fa you never know whats going to happen, look at John Terry was cleared in court but Fa decided he was guilty and banned him
Club Statement on 17:43 - Jan 13 with 1700 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 17:38 - Jan 13 by Ninco

If it was in The Sun, it must be true.

If a statement like that is offered to the FA/Met police, then the inconsistencies should prove innocence, in my opinion.

Or not guilty.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club Statement on 17:46 - Jan 13 with 1680 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Club Statement on 17:32 - Jan 13 by judd

I think the police statement you refer to embellished what was actually said, even the the fooker wasn't even there! Mitchell never denied the argument, just the extent of profanity.

The "witness" in the Sun link said the remark was made "apparently" and also that he "heard" it.

Make your own minds up.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4741015/Bobby-Grant-accused-

Dont know either of the players concerned - but guess who I believe!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Club Statement on 17:56 - Jan 13 with 1653 viewspnc4eva1

Club Statement on 16:36 - Jan 13 by YouTubeDale

IF found guilty, and an 8 match ban, it could be disastrous for the club. How much of a fine - we don't know. This could be the turning point for the rest of the season. Coleman's "plans" may have to change now. For example, he might have to get Curran back from Chester (sorry, I can't remember his loan period now). Chris Dunphy might have to spend even more money on wages to steady the ship.

It's a nightmare (potentially).
Even more reason for supporters to get behind Rochdale Football Club instead of staying away.

"Coleman's "plans" may have to change now"

They don't in matches and haven't since he came.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Club Statement on 18:00 - Jan 13 with 1635 viewselectricblue

All this would never have happened if JC enforced discipline at the club...
Dale have had many many many years of being a club proud of a certain dicipline and have awards to show for it..
What happens a mouthy arrogant tactless scouse pratt becomes manager and within 12 months its becoming a sinking ship...
Sorry but this is Dunphys for employing the wrong man..
Coleman as to go....
Dont care who comes in but he must go....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club Statement on 18:01 - Jan 13 with 1627 viewsAtThePeake

Club Statement on 17:46 - Jan 13 by Thacks_Rabbits

Dont know either of the players concerned - but guess who I believe!!!

Only recently found out that Bobby Grant was involved in the infamous nightclub incident involving Steven Gerrard a few years back, was there any racial undertones to that does anyone know?

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 18:02 - Jan 13 with 1622 viewsnordenblue

If proven guilty and the said offence happened how does the dressing room react considering certain players currently playing in the same squad as him,the mind boggles as to what if guilty was going through someone's little head when making such comments?!!
Club Statement on 18:02 - Jan 13 with 1619 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 18:01 - Jan 13 by AtThePeake

Only recently found out that Bobby Grant was involved in the infamous nightclub incident involving Steven Gerrard a few years back, was there any racial undertones to that does anyone know?

No. DJ was a white Manu fan.

Club Statement on 18:03 - Jan 13 with 1618 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Club Statement on 18:01 - Jan 13 by AtThePeake

What happened the ATP? - cant remember that.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Club Statement on 18:05 - Jan 13 with 1606 viewsBartRowou

The tone of so many posts about this suggest that BG is guilty. If we were second top and firing on all cylinders, would people still be leaning that way? It appears to be more grist to the mill for some. Innocent until proven otherwise please.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Club Statement on 18:05 - Jan 13 with 1606 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 18:03 - Jan 13 by Thacks_Rabbits

What happened the ATP? - cant remember that.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2009/07/22/the-

Club Statement on 18:08 - Jan 13 with 1591 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 18:05 - Jan 13 by judd

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2009/07/22/the-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8167000.stm

Club Statement on 18:11 - Jan 13 with 1574 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Club Statement on 18:08 - Jan 13 by judd

Thanks Judd :)

Club Statement on 18:14 - Jan 13 with 1519 viewselectricblue

Club Statement on 18:08 - Jan 13 by judd

Well well......boot him out simples
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club Statement on 18:14 - Jan 13 with 1515 viewsTomRAFC

innocent until proven guilty

if he is proven guilty then he should be sacked

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club Statement on 18:43 - Jan 13 with 1456 viewsAtThePeake

Club Statement on 18:14 - Jan 13 by electricblue

Well well......boot him out simples

That was well before the club signed him and I'm sure the club were aware of this when they signed him.

Tangled up in blue.

Club Statement on 18:50 - Jan 13 with 1428 viewsYouTubeDale

Having read that Sun report I don't feel as bad. Calling someone a "c unt" is not racist. If he said he was a "black c unt" that is racist. Although this insult is still to be condemned it surely has been blown out of proportion, if true. In the heat of battle - and Grant does take more than his share of physical beatings being a striker, there are bound to be swear words banded about. How many times do you see players telling the ref to f uck off? Even poor lip readers can tell that. If Grant just used the word "c unt" then this is no worse than telling the ref to f uck off. I am not saying it is right to use this language but I do not think Hoyte has been RACIALLY abused if only that one word was used.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Club Statement on 18:51 - Jan 13 with 1418 viewsD_Dale

Those who admitted the charge got 18 weeks in prison, suspended, and 150 hours unpaid work (I wonder what that was): http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8189163.stm Obviously, when Grant signed for Dale, Coleman would have known, but I wonder if the board did.
Club Statement on 18:56 - Jan 13 with 1397 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Club Statement on 18:50 - Jan 13 by YouTubeDale

Having read that Sun report I don't feel as bad. Calling someone a "c unt" is not racist. If he said he was a "black c unt" that is racist. Although this insult is still to be condemned it surely has been blown out of proportion, if true. In the heat of battle - and Grant does take more than his share of physical beatings being a striker, there are bound to be swear words banded about. How many times do you see players telling the ref to f uck off? Even poor lip readers can tell that. If Grant just used the word "c unt" then this is no worse than telling the ref to f uck off. I am not saying it is right to use this language but I do not think Hoyte has been RACIALLY abused if only that one word was used.

Think the word may have ended in an n not a t YTD.

Clearly I am not going to repeat it on here but 15th letter of the alphabet was probably involved.

Darwin was right though - but sadly most of the missing links now play or manage us!

Club Statement on 18:59 - Jan 13 with 1385 viewsTomRAFC

Club Statement on 18:50 - Jan 13 by YouTubeDale

edit: was going to point out the same thing as thacks did

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club Statement on 19:03 - Jan 13 with 1370 viewsYouTubeDale

Club Statement on 18:56 - Jan 13 by Thacks_Rabbits

Think the word may have ended in an n not a t YTD.

Clearly I am not going to repeat it on here but 15th letter of the alphabet was probably involved.

Darwin was right though - but sadly most of the missing links now play or manage us!

Oh sorry !

I should have gone to Spec Savers and stop speed reading. Yes, that is racist.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Club Statement on 19:06 - Jan 13 with 1349 viewsdancdale

Club Statement on 19:03 - Jan 13 by YouTubeDale

Oh sorry !

Perhaps a similar misunderstanding between the two c*** words will be Grants explanation.
Club Statement on 19:08 - Jan 13 with 1340 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Club Statement on 19:03 - Jan 13 by YouTubeDale

Oh sorry !

I thought the same YTD when I first read it - hence how I worked it out quick :)

You know the saddest thing is a few years back we would have defended any of our players, saying it could not be true and it was a slur.

I get the impression that 99% of people on here accept that he did it.

When did this club start to rot away - I would have Eyre back and be in the conference before the ignorant scouse bully we have holding the reigns.

If I loved a bird for 27 years I would struggle to stop caring - the way Dale are going atm - its getting easy!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024