Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superbowl XLVII 20:04 - Jan 20 with 2447 viewsBedford_R

49ers and Patriots to go to the show. Then the 49ers to win the whole thing...

RMH_R Reborn

Superbowl XLVII on 20:54 - Jan 20 with 2415 viewseghamranger

Not looking good for the 49ers at the mo!
Superbowl XLVII on 20:57 - Jan 20 with 2397 viewsthame_hoops

An all bird final CAW CAW
Superbowl XLVII on 21:08 - Jan 20 with 2392 viewsMrSheen

Shouldn't that be the the XLIXers?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Superbowl XLVII on 22:33 - Jan 20 with 2353 viewsTonto

My money is still on the 49ers right now!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Superbowl XLVII on 22:44 - Jan 20 with 2340 viewseghamranger

Come on the 49ers. I'm going to San Fran in April,can't wait.

Will miss the Wigan game but hopefully catch it on tv in a bar
Superbowl XLVII on 23:04 - Jan 20 with 2315 viewsBedford_R

Well, that's the first part of my prediction right....

RMH_R Reborn

Superbowl XLVII on 23:25 - Jan 20 with 2301 viewsAlbRanger

Superbowl XLVII on 23:04 - Jan 20 by Bedford_R

Well, that's the first part of my prediction right....

It's Patriots time
Superbowl XLVII on 01:14 - Jan 21 with 2272 viewsLewes_r

49ers have won all 5 of their superbowls.. They will lose this time around ( hopefully) i cant stand jim harbaugh

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Login to get fewer ads

Superbowl XLVII on 03:13 - Jan 21 with 2256 viewsthame_hoops

Superbowl XLVII on 23:25 - Jan 20 by AlbRanger

It's Patriots time

Superbowl XLVII on 09:26 - Jan 21 with 2206 viewstoboboly

Superbowl XLVII on 03:13 - Jan 21 by thame_hoops

Great night!

Did you make it to the game?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Superbowl XLVII on 10:28 - Jan 21 with 2175 viewsthame_hoops

Superbowl XLVII on 09:26 - Jan 21 by toboboly

Great night!

Did you make it to the game?

no i didnt, i took a gamble that if we won i would head to baltimore to watch the superbowl with friends. just booked now, 4 nights, cant wait.
2 weeks of hearing about the Har-bowl lol
remember ray rices 4th and 29 run @ chargers, that was the turning point in our season i think. Cant help think all this ray lewis stuff is destiny. stop colin kaepernick and we'll win!
Superbowl XLVII on 10:36 - Jan 21 with 2164 viewsLewes_r

Superbowl XLVII on 10:28 - Jan 21 by thame_hoops

no i didnt, i took a gamble that if we won i would head to baltimore to watch the superbowl with friends. just booked now, 4 nights, cant wait.
remember ray rices 4th and 29 run @ chargers, that was the turning point in our season i think. Cant help think all this ray lewis stuff is destiny. stop colin kaepernick and we'll win!

Good move. I flew out to Seattle for our only superbowl appearance and stayed with mates out there. Was a great week despite the loss.. Went to the stadium for the "thank you" parade

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Superbowl XLVII on 10:42 - Jan 21 with 2157 viewsBedford_R

Ravens v 49ers then. Still picking the 49er's even though the Ravens made the Patriots look amateurish...

RMH_R Reborn

Superbowl XLVII on 10:53 - Jan 21 with 2154 viewstoboboly

Superbowl XLVII on 10:28 - Jan 21 by thame_hoops

Ravens looked focused after the game. Don't think our defence would allow the 49ers as much space as Atlanta's defence allowed in the 2nd half.

Can't wait, booked the day off work. Have a great time in Baltimore!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Superbowl XLVII on 11:22 - Jan 21 with 2136 viewsthame_hoops

Superbowl XLVII on 10:36 - Jan 21 by Lewes_r

Good move. I flew out to Seattle for our only superbowl appearance and stayed with mates out there. Was a great week despite the loss.. Went to the stadium for the "thank you" parade

aha, i forgot about the 'parade, win or lose next day i assume, not flying out till 9pm the monday so will hopefully catch some of that!
Superbowl XLVII on 11:22 - Jan 21 with 2135 viewsthame_hoops

Superbowl XLVII on 10:42 - Jan 21 by Bedford_R

Ravens v 49ers then. Still picking the 49er's even though the Ravens made the Patriots look amateurish...

yup, everyone keeps picking our opposition, its worked out well so far
Superbowl XLVII on 11:39 - Jan 21 with 2122 viewsHunterhoop

Superbowl XLVII on 11:22 - Jan 21 by thame_hoops

yup, everyone keeps picking our opposition, its worked out well so far

Do you trust Flacco though? That's the issue. Been great in the last two but has been downright dreadful at times this season. Kaepernick has been much more consistent since he got the started berth.

Everyone's focussing on Ray Lewis (rightly so!) and the Harbaughs, but I fancy the key match up of the Superbowl to be Flacco vs Patrick Willis.

Willis is the best LB on show and runs that defence. It's a MUCH better defence than anyone the Ravens have met in the play-offs so far. Even when they had their worst half of the last 3 years last night, they came back and still won.

The Ravens offence is similar to the Falcons. I think they've learnt from that first half. If they play like they can...even 80% how they can, I don't see Flacco putting up enough points to win it.
Superbowl XLVII on 12:00 - Jan 21 with 2112 viewsthame_hoops

Superbowl XLVII on 11:39 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Do you trust Flacco though? That's the issue. Been great in the last two but has been downright dreadful at times this season. Kaepernick has been much more consistent since he got the started berth.

Everyone's focussing on Ray Lewis (rightly so!) and the Harbaughs, but I fancy the key match up of the Superbowl to be Flacco vs Patrick Willis.

Willis is the best LB on show and runs that defence. It's a MUCH better defence than anyone the Ravens have met in the play-offs so far. Even when they had their worst half of the last 3 years last night, they came back and still won.

The Ravens offence is similar to the Falcons. I think they've learnt from that first half. If they play like they can...even 80% how they can, I don't see Flacco putting up enough points to win it.

I was Flacco's biggest critics when we lost to pittsburgh at home and away in houston but in the last 4 games we destroyed Eli's Giants, restricted Andrew luck to 0 TD''s, scored massivly on offence @ denver and then restricted tom brady to one TD and scored 4 TD's. All of this is no coincidence that we did this after we fired the offence cordinator. I am starting to trust Flacco more and so does our coach, no longer are we predictable with Ray rice running. And yes, willis is excellant and will be a great matchup. Kruger has been as good as any of our defence this year
Superbowl XLVII on 14:13 - Jan 21 with 2084 viewsHunterhoop

Superbowl XLVII on 12:00 - Jan 21 by thame_hoops

I was Flacco's biggest critics when we lost to pittsburgh at home and away in houston but in the last 4 games we destroyed Eli's Giants, restricted Andrew luck to 0 TD''s, scored massivly on offence @ denver and then restricted tom brady to one TD and scored 4 TD's. All of this is no coincidence that we did this after we fired the offence cordinator. I am starting to trust Flacco more and so does our coach, no longer are we predictable with Ray rice running. And yes, willis is excellant and will be a great matchup. Kruger has been as good as any of our defence this year

Yeah, Caldwell has certainly done a good job so far. You're taking a lot of big shots downfield...using one of Flacco's big strength in the process, his arm.

Your defence is playing really hard football and it will be touch for the 49ers. That Ravens defence will be so pumped for Ray, who knows what they could do.

But I still come back to: Flacco at the line of scrimmage against Patrick Willis. Whoever outsmarts and out thinks the other will win the game, IMO.

I'm still not entirely convinced by Flacco. Don't get me wrong...he's VERY good (not elite though, as he thinks). But Willis is probably the best all round LB in the league, Urlacher and one or two others maybe. When the noise, pressure, etc is on in the 3rd and 4th qtrs, I just fancy Willis and his defence to get the better of Flacco.

Conversely, I'd blitz Kaepernick early. Make him feel pain and eat the turf. See how he reacts. If he gets comfortable I think there's not enough pace in the LB core for the Ravens to cover him, Gore and James. And if they start running the ball across all three, the Ravens are in trouble....to many options...to many possibilities to defend each play.
Superbowl XLVII on 18:32 - Jan 21 with 2046 viewsthame_hoops

Superbowl XLVII on 14:13 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, Caldwell has certainly done a good job so far. You're taking a lot of big shots downfield...using one of Flacco's big strength in the process, his arm.

Your defence is playing really hard football and it will be touch for the 49ers. That Ravens defence will be so pumped for Ray, who knows what they could do.

But I still come back to: Flacco at the line of scrimmage against Patrick Willis. Whoever outsmarts and out thinks the other will win the game, IMO.

I'm still not entirely convinced by Flacco. Don't get me wrong...he's VERY good (not elite though, as he thinks). But Willis is probably the best all round LB in the league, Urlacher and one or two others maybe. When the noise, pressure, etc is on in the 3rd and 4th qtrs, I just fancy Willis and his defence to get the better of Flacco.

Conversely, I'd blitz Kaepernick early. Make him feel pain and eat the turf. See how he reacts. If he gets comfortable I think there's not enough pace in the LB core for the Ravens to cover him, Gore and James. And if they start running the ball across all three, the Ravens are in trouble....to many options...to many possibilities to defend each play.

cant argue with any of that except i dont think Flacco rates himself as 'elite' but the media keep going on about it, he's getting better, i did want us to get that alex smith in but think well stick with Joe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024