Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jason Kennedy 18:14 - Jan 31 with 12031 viewsdale_spotland

According to a bradford reporter on twitter Bradford have failed in a bid for Jason Kennedy

https://twitter.com/ParkerTandA

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Jason Kennedy on 18:19 - Jan 31 with 3671 viewsolympicdale

aside from their jammy cup run, why would he join Bradford, they've never finished above us since theyve been down hardly, JK seems happy here too, hopefully the Hill factor should see him sign a new deal.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 18:22 - Jan 31 with 3608 viewsColDale

Jason Kennedy on 18:19 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

aside from their jammy cup run, why would he join Bradford, they've never finished above us since theyve been down hardly, JK seems happy here too, hopefully the Hill factor should see him sign a new deal.

I'd imagine their wages are significantly higher than ours, which for any bloke with a family has to be a consideration.

He might fancy European football next year too.
Jason Kennedy on 18:22 - Jan 31 with 3610 viewsrafc1984

Jason Kennedy on 18:19 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

Cant see that. I think JK will be playing SPL and possibly europa league next season.
Jason Kennedy on 18:32 - Jan 31 with 3512 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 18:22 - Jan 31 by rafc1984

Cant see that. I think JK will be playing SPL and possibly europa league next season.

SPL is no better quality than a decent L2 side, and hardly any of them actually make it through to the europa league anyway.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 18:35 - Jan 31 with 3483 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 18:22 - Jan 31 by ColDale

I'd imagine their wages are significantly higher than ours, which for any bloke with a family has to be a consideration.

He might fancy European football next year too.

I dont buy into this, he's not on pittance here, probably around 3 grand a month, there are people surviving on MUCH less.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 18:43 - Jan 31 with 3419 viewsrafc1984

Jason Kennedy on 18:32 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

SPL is no better quality than a decent L2 side, and hardly any of them actually make it through to the europa league anyway.

Im well aware of that thanks
Jason Kennedy on 18:51 - Jan 31 with 3363 viewsphomem

Jason Kennedy on 18:35 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

I dont buy into this, he's not on pittance here, probably around 3 grand a month, there are people surviving on MUCH less.

Three grand a month, more than that I'd guess
Jason Kennedy on 18:54 - Jan 31 with 3336 viewsphomem

Jason Kennedy on 18:32 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

But it's top flight football regardless of the quality and he would be on more money and playing at parkhead instead of underhill
Login to get fewer ads

Jason Kennedy on 19:02 - Jan 31 with 3269 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 18:54 - Jan 31 by phomem

But it's top flight football regardless of the quality and he would be on more money and playing at parkhead instead of underhill

in name only is it top flight in all truth, ive seen some SPL games, you'll find mroe quality at underhill.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 19:02 - Jan 31 with 3268 viewselectricblue

Try doubling it...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jason Kennedy on 19:08 - Jan 31 with 3215 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 19:02 - Jan 31 by electricblue

Try doubling it...

maybe I'm psychic, that will be his new contract offer.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 19:12 - Jan 31 with 3189 viewsD_Alien

Jason Kennedy on 19:02 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

in name only is it top flight in all truth, ive seen some SPL games, you'll find mroe quality at underhill.

It's nothing (or very little) to do with the quality of football on offer. Like it or not, the SPL is a shop window for players who might feel they can play at a higher level in the English leagues.

Not saying JK would see it that way, but this "SPL is equivalent to L2, or worse" stuff is absolute tripe. It's a way forward for a potentially stalled career.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jason Kennedy on 19:12 - Jan 31 with 3184 viewsphomem

Jason Kennedy on 19:08 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

maybe I'm psychic, that will be his new contract offer.

Maybe you're talking rubbish regarding his contract
Jason Kennedy on 19:14 - Jan 31 with 3166 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 19:12 - Jan 31 by phomem

Maybe you're talking rubbish regarding his contract

probably so, i dont know what he's on, I just plucked that figure, close to 5/6k is probably more accurate, averaging around 1300p/w.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 19:16 - Jan 31 with 3149 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 19:12 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

It's nothing (or very little) to do with the quality of football on offer. Like it or not, the SPL is a shop window for players who might feel they can play at a higher level in the English leagues.

Not saying JK would see it that way, but this "SPL is equivalent to L2, or worse" stuff is absolute tripe. It's a way forward for a potentially stalled career.

Yes maybe so, it can be a good shop window for players who want to move up the english leagues, but for every Gary Hooper there is a Rory McCardle.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 19:26 - Jan 31 with 3080 viewssandylaner1

Wish they got him, really dont rate him, he's been turd this season.
Jason Kennedy on 19:30 - Jan 31 with 3049 viewsMass_Debater

You've excelled yourself this time OD.
Jason Kennedy on 19:30 - Jan 31 with 3046 viewsSaxonDale

The career of a footballer is very short, I'd bare no grudge against any of our players moving in the case of a higher wage, especially if they have a family to support.
Jason Kennedy on 19:44 - Jan 31 with 2947 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 19:30 - Jan 31 by Mass_Debater

You've excelled yourself this time OD.

I dont know the exact amount of what players at this level are on, just plucked it out of the air, I was probably way lower to the actual truth, but the original point remains, thay he will be making a good living to support a family, and always seemed happy.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 19:54 - Jan 31 with 2869 viewsfitzochris

Jason Kennedy on 19:12 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Most teams in the SPL would beat us more often than not.

As I keep saying too, if the restructure goes ahead up here, the prospects for domestic football in Scotland look better. It's certainly no longer the graveyard for failed footballers that has been in recent years.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jason Kennedy on 19:58 - Jan 31 with 2843 viewsrafc1984

Jason Kennedy on 19:54 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Most teams in the SPL would beat us more often than not.

As I keep saying too, if the restructure goes ahead up here, the prospects for domestic football in Scotland look better. It's certainly no longer the graveyard for failed footballers that has been in recent years.

How fitz, I dont really get it. Surely whatever they do, will not change that much in reality.
Jason Kennedy on 20:07 - Jan 31 with 2775 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 19:58 - Jan 31 by rafc1984

How fitz, I dont really get it. Surely whatever they do, will not change that much in reality.

Unless the money is split equally the quality wont change, how can the others possibly get better when feeding on the scraps left over.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 20:11 - Jan 31 with 2753 viewsfitzochris

Jason Kennedy on 19:58 - Jan 31 by rafc1984

It's all in the branding. The creation of an SPL 2, containing 12 teams, will attract more sponsorship and other associated marketing. There has also been a pledge for more direct investment from both the SPL and SFL as a single body should it go ahead.

An 18-team lower league will also generate more interest, as clubs will no longer have to play the same team four times a season. The downside is that promotion will be all the more difficult, but most of these sides yo-yo between divisions two and three at present anyway.

How long the refresh remains fresh is anyone's guess, but the initial injection of change will definite benefit all concerned at the higher end of the game up here.

It's out for the SFL vote now though, and the Brechins and Arbroaths of this world might prefer the status quo.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jason Kennedy on 20:15 - Jan 31 with 2719 viewsnordenblue

Jason Kennedy on 19:30 - Jan 31 by SaxonDale

The career of a footballer is very short, I'd bare no grudge against any of our players moving in the case of a higher wage, especially if they have a family to support.

Spot on sir!!anybody offered double his wage etc is a fool to not even consider it bearing in mind the career span in football being so short,you do what's best for you and the family hence taking larger salaries?He'll be on a damn site more than 3k a month here that's for sure
Jason Kennedy on 20:15 - Jan 31 with 2718 viewsfitzochris

Jason Kennedy on 20:07 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

Unless the money is split equally the quality wont change, how can the others possibly get better when feeding on the scraps left over.

What money are you talking about?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024