Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek (Ricky gervais) 16:21 - Mar 1 with 9084 viewscalders

Anyone else watching this ? One of the best shows on tv for a long time. very funny, emotional and really good story lines with a message in every one. The Best thing Ricky gervais has done since the office IMO.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:32 - Mar 1 with 6907 viewsdaveB

i thought the pilot was weak although the ending was heart breaking. I have been really impressed by the series though, gets better with each episode, is similar to the office in that I prefer it when I re watch the episode.

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:37 - Mar 1 with 6888 viewsHunterhoop

I think it's great.

Less cringe than the office...more heartfelt.

I think it's a great portrayal of care homes and the love and hard work that goes into caring for the elderly.

And it's got some fantastic laugh out loud moments.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:38 - Mar 1 with 6884 viewsdaveB

my cousin works in an old peoples home, she reckons it's very realisitic
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:47 - Mar 1 with 6865 viewsNov77

couldn't stand the Kev character in the beginning, but he's becoming the funniest one in it.
Writing words on crabs was hilarious, "Boll and Ocks, they're only any good when they're together, like Jedward!"

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:53 - Mar 1 with 6842 viewscalders

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:47 - Mar 1 by Nov77

couldn't stand the Kev character in the beginning, but he's becoming the funniest one in it.
Writing words on crabs was hilarious, "Boll and Ocks, they're only any good when they're together, like Jedward!"

I've just seen the worstest penis in the whole wide world.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:55 - Mar 1 with 6831 viewsdanehoop

Odd, I thought it was awful. Terrible stereotypes and not particularly funny. But there again I find his material very hit or miss. Can be very good, but really average when he gets it wrong. I thought this was lazy in parts and at times verging towards offensive in it portrayl of disability. But appreciate that Gervais fans will enjoy, probably even more so given its his first real substantive TV work since Extra's.

Never knowingly understood

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:56 - Mar 1 with 6830 viewsNov77

He's bringing David Brent back for Comic Relief on 15th March

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:04 - Mar 1 with 6797 viewsHunterhoop

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 16:55 - Mar 1 by danehoop

Odd, I thought it was awful. Terrible stereotypes and not particularly funny. But there again I find his material very hit or miss. Can be very good, but really average when he gets it wrong. I thought this was lazy in parts and at times verging towards offensive in it portrayl of disability. But appreciate that Gervais fans will enjoy, probably even more so given its his first real substantive TV work since Extra's.

Interesting Dane, because I'm not a Gervais fan at all normally.

I simply didn't 'get' The Office like others. Thought it was average barring a few moments here or there. Preferred Extras but thought it was still pretty average and didn't go out of my way to watch it.

I also don't really like Ricky Gervais as Ricky Gervais...think he can come across as a bit of a pr*ck.

But I genuinely enjoyed Derek. The woman playing the lead role, forgotten her name, was excellent I thought.
Login to get fewer ads

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:04 - Mar 1 with 6796 viewsTacticalR

Never got Gervais.

Air hostess clique

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:05 - Mar 1 with 6792 viewsxistens_pet

Can I ask what you found verging towards offensive about the portrayal of disability? Not being antagonistic, just heard a lot of people saying this and haven't found much in the way of that in the programme myself.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:06 - Mar 1 with 6790 viewsdaveB

for me Lifes To Short was a lot funnier but this to me seems more of a drama and a very good one too, makes me feel very uncomfortable about thats to come for my parents and me when i'm older.

I'm not sure it's offensive it seems to have a very sweet and loving intention behind it which i didn't expect from Ricky Gervais.

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:47 - Mar 1 with 6740 viewsgjc104

I found it funny and sad at the same time which I guess is what he was after!

The scene a few weeks back with the frog Derek bought after it had been sent to the jumble sale in the 1st palce was very funny.

The scene where the old people are sleeping in their chairs and the music is playing and the scene cuts to black and white footage of the old folk as young people having fun etc was very touching.

Do think it will be better watching it again also.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:53 - Mar 1 with 6732 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

kerry godliman is a greenford girl

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:56 - Mar 1 with 6720 viewsJamie

Like Gervais' other stuff but this is complete shit IMO.
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 18:00 - Mar 1 with 6713 viewsW7Ranger

Absolutely brilliant. Big fan of Ricky Gervais, and I love what he's done with this particular programme/character/story.

Although I recorded the pilot last year, I never got round to watching it. Wish I had now. This series has been excellent, and every episode has touched me is some way.

Excellent.

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:13 - Mar 1 with 6628 viewsandygg

Cant stand Gervais, he is utter shite in everything he does.IMO
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:18 - Mar 1 with 6618 viewsTGRRRSSS

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 17:53 - Mar 1 by Kendo_Nagasaki

kerry godliman is a greenford girl

She is fit
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:21 - Mar 1 with 6612 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:18 - Mar 1 by TGRRRSSS

She is fit

Sure you dont mean fat?

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 6606 viewsTGRRRSSS

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:21 - Mar 1 by Kendo_Nagasaki

Sure you dont mean fat?

Haha no she looks ok but just looked at her Twitter, maybe a bit previous...
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:43 - Mar 1 with 6583 viewsloftboy

This weeks Duran Duran tribute was hilarious, last week more poignant when the posh girl was putting down the girl that works there, Derek and co walked in, she said "they're my friends"and the snobby ones mother looked at her daughter ( who thought she had everything) and said "you could do with some of those." The one that worked there said " she hasn't changed, when we were at school she was a c*** then as well"

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:47 - Mar 1 with 6569 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I think its brilliant. Really funny moments and the caretaker puts me in tears. But also emotional with a meaning to it. I loved it when the mum tells her arrogant daughter to get some friends

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 21:17 - Mar 1 with 6541 viewsTrance_Trousers

If you watched the "making of" that was aired straight after this weeks episode.Ricky gervais explained his character to the viewing public, seems one or two on here seemed to have missed the point.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 21:48 - Mar 1 with 6512 viewscalders

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 20:47 - Mar 1 by RANGERS4EVER

I think its brilliant. Really funny moments and the caretaker puts me in tears. But also emotional with a meaning to it. I loved it when the mum tells her arrogant daughter to get some friends

Apart from being a big fan of ricky gervais Kerry godliman was the main reason I started watching Derek. My brother went to school with Kerry and then later dated her for a while, they remained friends for some years and I remember her being around my parents house many times and her being a lovely girl.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Derek (Ricky gervais) on 22:09 - Mar 1 with 6491 viewsbosh67

I thought it was brilliant. We looked after my dad's brother in a home after he had multiple strokes for 7 years. It was absolutely bang on what it was like and the characters were so well observed. An absolute gem of a piece of acting from Gervais, and really unexpected.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derek (Ricky gervais) on 02:08 - Mar 2 with 6429 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

I think it's quite lazy (the greedy daughter and old school friend were like pantomime baddies) and over sentimental

But I absolutely love it

It's got to be Yarg

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024