Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets: Imagine... 18:58 - May 1 with 4453 viewsLimehouseR

"We could charge more than £104. “Let’s say we charged £300. We’d get £2m more in income but what’s £2m to us? In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That’s the biggest difference between us and England."
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:29 - May 1 with 3663 viewspeejaybee

??????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:49 - May 1 with 3615 viewsloftboy

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:29 - May 1 by peejaybee

??????

Bayern Munich chairman

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:49 - May 1 with 3614 viewshooper1957

Que????
My thoughts exactly ?????
What you talking bout Willis
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:53 - May 1 with 3599 viewsloftboy

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:49 - May 1 by hooper1957

Que????

It's what bayern charge for season tickets, basically their chairman was having a dig at England's ticket prices.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:54 - May 1 with 3596 viewsLimehouseR

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:49 - May 1 by hooper1957

Que????

My point being that for the sake for example, of a small piece of Samba, Tony could save the fans several hundred quid over the price of season tickets...

The mind set at Bayern is that they clearly have the fans best interests at heart.
Imagine they were just £300 let alone £100!
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:55 - May 1 with 3589 viewshooper1957

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:53 - May 1 by loftboy

It's what bayern charge for season tickets, basically their chairman was having a dig at England's ticket prices.

Ah and the fog clears away
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:06 - May 1 with 3562 viewspeejaybee

Now its clear as Mud.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:13 - May 1 with 3539 viewsJamie

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 19:54 - May 1 by LimehouseR

My point being that for the sake for example, of a small piece of Samba, Tony could save the fans several hundred quid over the price of season tickets...

The mind set at Bayern is that they clearly have the fans best interests at heart.
Imagine they were just £300 let alone £100!

Pretty easy stance to take when you receive a disproportionate slice of the tv revenue (£150m/year) and so can hoover up all the countries talent whilst making massive profits.

With our eye watering losses and loss of tv revenue, any reduction in ST prices at QPR ultimately comes out of the owners pockets.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:23 - May 1 with 3518 viewsGetMeRangers

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:13 - May 1 by Jamie

Pretty easy stance to take when you receive a disproportionate slice of the tv revenue (£150m/year) and so can hoover up all the countries talent whilst making massive profits.

With our eye watering losses and loss of tv revenue, any reduction in ST prices at QPR ultimately comes out of the owners pockets.

Not quite strictly true. If our STs were as low as that, LR would be pretty well be full every game in the Championship... along with eachfan attending comes the possibility of selling advertising, merchandise and food/drink etc. On top of that, a full stadium would help LR become like a fortress. We were heavily criticised in our promotion season for not selling out, but often that was through lack of away fans prepared to pay our , even then, high prices. Getting home tickets was possible but not often able to walk up to the game and get one.
On top of that, you would start to build the fan base as we would be a very attractive alternative to watching Fulham vs Stoke, for instance

Question is, at what price could they sell 15k of season tickets. My guess would be at prices starting around the £300 mark and rising to £500 for top seats
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:31 - May 1 with 3488 viewsDesertBoot

Can't recall the opponents but remember Mahon gave away two goals. Then he ran his heart out the rest of the game. Bosingwa will deserve all he gets.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:34 - May 1 with 3483 viewsHunterhoop

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:23 - May 1 by GetMeRangers

Not quite strictly true. If our STs were as low as that, LR would be pretty well be full every game in the Championship... along with eachfan attending comes the possibility of selling advertising, merchandise and food/drink etc. On top of that, a full stadium would help LR become like a fortress. We were heavily criticised in our promotion season for not selling out, but often that was through lack of away fans prepared to pay our , even then, high prices. Getting home tickets was possible but not often able to walk up to the game and get one.
On top of that, you would start to build the fan base as we would be a very attractive alternative to watching Fulham vs Stoke, for instance

Question is, at what price could they sell 15k of season tickets. My guess would be at prices starting around the £300 mark and rising to £500 for top seats

Exactly. It's the elasticity of demand and it's about hitting the sweet spot. I reckon £400 for silver and £500 for good maximise revenue and attendances.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:37 - May 1 with 3479 viewsVish

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:34 - May 1 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. It's the elasticity of demand and it's about hitting the sweet spot. I reckon £400 for silver and £500 for good maximise revenue and attendances.

add a guarantee of buying the following years season ticket for a set price regardless of the division and the club are onto a winner.

Having a decent crowd throughout the season can add 10+ points on the pitch.

lets hope the club look at the bigger picture for a change.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:45 - May 1 with 3463 viewsJamie

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:23 - May 1 by GetMeRangers

If you were to sell 15k STs at £300-500 & POD's at £20-£30.

Say 15k STs at average £400 = £6m
3k POD's at average £25 = £1.7m
£16m Parachute payments and say an optimistic £10m merch etc. revenue = £34m revenue.

Our promotion season wage bill alone was £29.7m. Last season £58.5m. This season £70m+?

As said before ST prices will be crucial in the feel around the club this summer and next season but with the losses the club are making, as said, any reductions in ST prices will be coming out of the owners pockets. Again as said, Bayern are in a fortuitous position with their massive TV revenue, huge support that they can have ST prices at fantastic levels, QPR are in a position of needing to balance atmosphere and losses.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:52 - May 1 with 3441 viewsGetMeRangers

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 20:34 - May 1 by Hunterhoop

I always find it odd that football isnt more elastic. I know they have the tiered prices for games v big clubs, but you cant put a price on a home win in front of a full stadium, which will be eager to return again and again.
Kick the families out of Lower loft and make lower school end permanent home end... a bit like it was when they were developing the stadium many years back (even when loft was re-opened as a home end, they continued to divide the school terrace for home and away supporters)
I want seasons where we have a genuine home advantage and stuff how unfair t is for the away support! Much in the way, Toon stuff the away support up in the clouds
Get the price right and you will always sell out. being a grower, there has been a terrible season for plant sales, if you were rigid on price (loads of nurseries chucking stock). I was flexible and sold out... not the best profits but better than the losses of dumping plants into a skip
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 21:34 - May 1 with 3364 viewsBasingstokeR

Bayern have a 71,000 stadium, which they limit STs to 21,000 of. 13,500 ish is standing, and only a proportion of these standing areas are the much publicised £104 ST. Although still their most expensive ST seat is around £560.

The travel inclusion in tickets is a great idea, can't see that kind of thing happening in London.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 22:07 - May 1 with 3324 viewsNorthernr

Through my day job I got to interview Mat Hodgson who made The Four Year Plan documentary, both before it was released and then after its premiere in Amsterdam. His favourite scene in the thing, one of them anyway, was the board meeting where they were going down the balance sheet and deciding that they could save £200 a home match by having less flowers, and another £150 if they produced a menu for the W12 that cost £9.50 a head rather than £12.25 - and all the while signing Patrick Agyemang on a four year contract at £12k a week and the likes.

Finney has mentioned it a few times this year with regards to away tickets. They took a small allocation at Spurs and West ham because they'd taken a large one at Man City (stupidly) and had to pay for the ones they didn't sell. But at the end of the day what's the cost of 600 unsold tickets at Man City to a club that will spend £12.5m on Chris Samba and pay him whatever the fck he's earning?

I think they call it a false economy. QPR will buy at least one player this summer who they will over pay for with the transfer fee and the wage and the length of the contract. How about buy one less player, miss out on that target this time, and reduce the season tickets to a nominal amount for those who still want to renew after this season of drek.

Not the QPR, or the English, way sadly. Wages for players, transfer fees and agent payments sky rocketing across the board while the majority of clubs in the Football League are in some sort of financial sht. And remember, of every club that's ever gone into admin in this country, they've all gone in oweing money to the St John's Ambulance. Football debts have to be paid in full though. Of course.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 22:21 - May 1 with 3302 viewsNorthernr

But then to play devil's advocate. If they did say "ok, renew this season for £100 as a thank you" then I suspect a lot of people would renew regardless of whether they thought they'd go regularly or not resulting in - particularly for Tuesday night games - a lot of seats with nobody in them that the club couldn't sell to anybody else.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 22:29 - May 1 with 3285 viewsWanderR

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 22:21 - May 1 by Northernr

But then to play devil's advocate. If they did say "ok, renew this season for £100 as a thank you" then I suspect a lot of people would renew regardless of whether they thought they'd go regularly or not resulting in - particularly for Tuesday night games - a lot of seats with nobody in them that the club couldn't sell to anybody else.

At which point Viagogo rears its ugly head.

Current location: OX10

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 22:32 - May 1 with 3279 viewsNorthernr

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 22:29 - May 1 by WanderR

At which point Viagogo rears its ugly head.

Haha, Viagogo won't be making much of killing on QPR (9th) v Doncaster (21st), Tuesday December 10, Kick off 8pm, I can assure the cnts of that.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 23:34 - May 1 with 3235 viewsderbyhoop

We probably cannot sell more than about 10K STs because you have to set aside a certain percentage for match day attendees and the opposition. Admitedly, not many opponents next year will fill the School End.

So 10K STs at an average of £450, allowing for Concessions is £4.5m.
Average of 5k for match days, which is probably optimistic at £25 each comes to £2.8m. Total through the gates £8.3m. Barely pays Chris Samba's estimated wages.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 11:32 - May 2 with 3123 viewsrobith

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 22:32 - May 1 by Northernr

Haha, Viagogo won't be making much of killing on QPR (9th) v Doncaster (21st), Tuesday December 10, Kick off 8pm, I can assure the cnts of that.

Totally agree. Bar the games against the bigger teams, viagogo doesn't inflate the price. Quite the opposite

I couldn't go to Norwich at home - my dad and bro couldn't make it either and all my QPR supporting mates already had tickets.

Thought sod it, I'll put it on viagogo see what happens. Ended up selling it for £15 (£12.50 minus thier pound of flesh) as that was the going rate. I met someone in the Crown and Sceptre who got a ticket for the Stoke game for £9.50 off there
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 12:50 - May 2 with 3051 viewsRangersw12

For the Championship Season tickets should be

£500 Gold
£450 Silver
£400 Bronze

Match Day Prices
Gold £24
Silver £22
Bronze £20

I know we have a high wage bill but it wasn't the fans who agreed to these stupid contracts so why should we pay for them

If they don't reduce prices drastically then it will all go tits up very quickly and we will be getting 11/12k gates

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 12:54 - May 2 with 3042 viewsnadera78

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 12:50 - May 2 by Rangersw12

For the Championship Season tickets should be

£500 Gold
£450 Silver
£400 Bronze

Match Day Prices
Gold £24
Silver £22
Bronze £20

I know we have a high wage bill but it wasn't the fans who agreed to these stupid contracts so why should we pay for them

If they don't reduce prices drastically then it will all go tits up very quickly and we will be getting 11/12k gates

Those prices listed should be the absolute maximum. If we're honest, the standard of football, facilities, etc should see prices lower than that.
Season Tickets: Imagine... on 13:04 - May 2 with 3026 viewsQPunkR

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 12:54 - May 2 by nadera78

Those prices listed should be the absolute maximum. If we're honest, the standard of football, facilities, etc should see prices lower than that.

^^^^^^

QPR - "shit but local"

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 13:06 - May 2 with 3019 viewsRangersw12

Season Tickets: Imagine... on 12:54 - May 2 by nadera78

I agree but unfortunately I very much doubt they will be lower than that or even anywhere near them !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024