Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New sponsors? 12:47 - May 3 with 3521 views442Dale

Still no news? Maybe the sponsorship/marketing dept could update us.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New sponsors? on 12:49 - May 3 with 2251 viewsThreeLions

Id expect it to be one of jd sports brands again if we cant find one. Oldham must be in the same situation as they have Blacks Outdoors sponsoring them.
New sponsors? on 13:08 - May 3 with 2215 viewsFred_Talbot

New sponsors? on 12:49 - May 3 by ThreeLions

Id expect it to be one of jd sports brands again if we cant find one. Oldham must be in the same situation as they have Blacks Outdoors sponsoring them.

Yep

Where's Fred?

New sponsors? on 13:56 - May 3 with 2152 viewsmaybee

As at the Plymouth game, we were "very close" to agreeing a deal, but I think IJ is away this week.

In fairness, the club would look silly if they announced anything that might hinder the deal...especially seeing as there are dozens of clubs without sponsors for next season.
New sponsors? on 16:07 - May 3 with 2057 viewsThe_DJ

Dog food producers Winalot are interested now Hill has returned.
New sponsors? on 16:10 - May 3 with 2049 viewsmacro

New sponsors? on 13:56 - May 3 by maybee

As at the Plymouth game, we were "very close" to agreeing a deal, but I think IJ is away this week.

In fairness, the club would look silly if they announced anything that might hinder the deal...especially seeing as there are dozens of clubs without sponsors for next season.

We seem to have been very close for months
New sponsors? on 16:21 - May 3 with 2015 viewsD_Alien

New sponsors? on 16:07 - May 3 by The_DJ

Dog food producers Winalot are interested now Hill has returned.

Ssssshhhhhh... we don't mention dogfood since Gorgeous George hit form

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New sponsors? on 16:22 - May 3 with 2011 viewsChaffRAFC

Graham Rawlingson was showing round a group of people during the Youth Team game on Wednesday afternoon who were suited and booted and it looked very much to us like they were getting a tour of the stadium so I'd presume they were going to be our new sponsors.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New sponsors? on 16:24 - May 3 with 2005 viewsmacro

New sponsors? on 16:22 - May 3 by ChaffRAFC

Graham Rawlingson was showing round a group of people during the Youth Team game on Wednesday afternoon who were suited and booted and it looked very much to us like they were getting a tour of the stadium so I'd presume they were going to be our new sponsors.

Lets hope so
Login to get fewer ads

New sponsors? on 16:55 - May 3 with 1973 viewsTVOS1907

New sponsors? on 13:56 - May 3 by maybee

So, given this information was made public last Saturday, whether by accident or design, there's no reason something similar couldn't be released via official channels to appease inquisitive fans?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New sponsors? on 17:51 - May 16 with 1710 views442Dale

So, another two weeks later?

The new kit, which was due at the end of the season, was "slightly delayed by the search for a new shirt sponsor" to "early July" according to a small piece in the Plymouth programme. Does the lack of news almost three weeks since that piece appeared in print (not on the OS?) mean the kit will go on sale later than "early July"?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New sponsors? on 18:34 - May 16 with 1652 viewsdancdale

I read an article a few days ago about shirt sponsorship and how, despite the difficulty in finding sponsors in the current climate, Sheffield Wednesday had turned down a large offer form one of the exploitative loan companies on a moral basis (not sure Weds are in a position to preach on morals tho)

It got me to thinking whether we would do the same.

Which got me to thinking, given theres obviously been a bit of a struggle to find someone, and there seems to be a bit of silence about it,- maybe we have decided to go with one of these dodgy loan companies as sponsors.

Complete conjecture, but I hope not. Our previous moral stance financially has been something to be proud of- to now sell out and go with a company that exploits the kind of struggles people in a town like Rochdale and the traditional lower league football working-class fanbase are susceptible- (and give clubs like Sheff Weds a moral high ground over us) would in my opinion be shameful.

Hoping I’m overly cynical and completely wrong - and next week we start selling a shirt with Yoghurt Knitters Association on the front.
New sponsors? on 18:41 - May 16 with 1624 viewsPops2

New sponsors? on 18:34 - May 16 by dancdale

I read an article a few days ago about shirt sponsorship and how, despite the difficulty in finding sponsors in the current climate, Sheffield Wednesday had turned down a large offer form one of the exploitative loan companies on a moral basis (not sure Weds are in a position to preach on morals tho)

It got me to thinking whether we would do the same.

Which got me to thinking, given theres obviously been a bit of a struggle to find someone, and there seems to be a bit of silence about it,- maybe we have decided to go with one of these dodgy loan companies as sponsors.

Complete conjecture, but I hope not. Our previous moral stance financially has been something to be proud of- to now sell out and go with a company that exploits the kind of struggles people in a town like Rochdale and the traditional lower league football working-class fanbase are susceptible- (and give clubs like Sheff Weds a moral high ground over us) would in my opinion be shameful.

Hoping I’m overly cynical and completely wrong - and next week we start selling a shirt with Yoghurt Knitters Association on the front.

New sponsors? on 18:43 - May 16 with 1621 viewsPops2

New sponsors? on 18:46 - May 16 with 1613 viewsPops2

New sponsors? on 18:49 - May 16 with 1602 viewsisitme

I've heard that Bury are being sponsored by Tampax next season.
New sponsors? on 18:50 - May 16 with 1594 viewsdancdale

New sponsors? on 18:46 - May 16 by Pops2

Nice one. PFA loans of course dont attract the same kind of interest repayments.
New sponsors? on 18:50 - May 16 with 1593 viewsisitme

Double post
New sponsors? on 18:57 - May 16 with 1571 viewsusername

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrP8SqxGWB-4MKQNPSmnq-M0GQ
New sponsors? on 19:41 - May 16 with 1513 viewsAtThePeake

New sponsors? on 18:50 - May 16 by dancdale

Nice one. PFA loans of course dont attract the same kind of interest repayments.

If all else fails we can always get the council to sponsor us right?

Tinpot.

Tangled up in blue.

New sponsors? on 21:43 - May 16 with 1436 viewsPops2

New sponsors? on 19:41 - May 16 by AtThePeake

If all else fails we can always get the council to sponsor us right?

Tinpot.

At least our council is fit for purpose. Your shopping centre is a disgrace.

I think we should get a sponsor from Wonga.com as no doubt that is where the investment is probably coming from.
New sponsors? on 21:46 - May 16 with 1427 viewsTVOS1907

New sponsors? on 21:43 - May 16 by Pops2

I think we should get a sponsor from Wonga.com as no doubt that is where the investment is probably coming from.

How's the Royton area for shopping?

New sponsors? on 22:03 - May 16 with 1408 viewsPops2

New sponsors? on 21:46 - May 16 by TVOS1907

How's the Royton area for shopping?

Spot on, pound bakery and a cracking butchers. Can't fault it. Pops has of course been in Prestwich for the past 7 years though.
New sponsors? on 22:13 - May 16 with 1386 viewsClivert

New sponsors? on 21:43 - May 16 by Pops2

I've actually heard that it's a bury company that will be sponsoring us next season.

Why they won't sponsor the shakers is anyone's guess??
New sponsors? on 22:13 - May 16 with 1384 viewsTVOS1907

New sponsors? on 22:03 - May 16 by Pops2

Spot on, pound bakery and a cracking butchers. Can't fault it. Pops has of course been in Prestwich for the past 7 years though.

Cheers.

New sponsors? on 22:19 - May 16 with 1376 viewsPops2

New sponsors? on 22:13 - May 16 by TVOS1907

Cheers.

You're welcome. Just give me a shout if you need any more shopping advice. I'll send you a map of the shops in Bury when you come over for the annual wash.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024