Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 21:33 - May 20 with 14257 viewsStanisgod

F*cking unbelievable corruption. No wonder the scousers have been miffed all these years.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:41 - May 20 with 7792 viewsQPRDave

they'll be happy once they get their payout
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:43 - May 20 with 7761 viewskingsburyR

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:41 - May 20 by QPRDave

Harsh.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:49 - May 20 with 7736 viewspaulparker

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:43 - May 20 by kingsburyR

Harsh.

Or they can donate it to the families of those who died at heysel

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:56 - May 20 with 7702 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As ever, disgraceful comments abound about the deaths of 96 innocent souls and the families that fought to restore their reputation and honour. If it happened to us, I'd hope our fans would sweat blood for the 96 Rangers who were slandered in death.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:56 - May 20 with 7698 viewsthame_hoops

Oh my
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:58 - May 20 with 7690 viewsStanisgod

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:41 - May 20 by QPRDave

There's always one.

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:00 - May 20 with 7677 viewsQPRDave

Were the innocent 96 fans though not killed because thousands of Liverpool fans rushed in and killed them
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:02 - May 20 with 7671 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:00 - May 20 by QPRDave

Were the innocent 96 fans though not killed because thousands of Liverpool fans rushed in and killed them

Does that make the 96 guilty?

Login to get fewer ads

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:06 - May 20 with 7648 viewswombat

Out of order dave

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:07 - May 20 with 7643 viewspaulparker

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 21:56 - May 20 by BrianMcCarthy

As ever, disgraceful comments abound about the deaths of 96 innocent souls and the families that fought to restore their reputation and honour. If it happened to us, I'd hope our fans would sweat blood for the 96 Rangers who were slandered in death.

Agree It's a terrible way to go and as per usual it the innocents who suffer
and past governments should be bought to trial at once over the cover up
My point about heysel is that Liverpool conveniently forget about what their
Fans did that night and maybe if there is compo they should donate to the heysel families who have suffered without no one being bought to justice

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:14 - May 20 with 7599 viewsthame_hoops

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:07 - May 20 by paulparker

Fans did that night and maybe if there is compo they should donate to the heysel families who have suffered without no one being bought to justice

But there was justice, Liverpool fans were charged
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:16 - May 20 with 7594 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:07 - May 20 by paulparker

Fair enough, paul, I understand your post better now and I see your point, but it's up to Liverpool FC and its fans to atone for Heysel, I would say. The families of the 96 have given their time, love and health to their departed loved ones. The reputations of their loved ones were linked with supposed hooliganism in Hillsborough for long enough, they are linked no more. It would be awful now to link them with the hooliganism of others at Heysel.

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:23 - May 20 with 7563 viewsStanisgod

Watch the programme, idiot.

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:25 - May 20 with 7555 viewsQPRDave

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:02 - May 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Does that make the 96 guilty?

No of course not, but i haven't seen the campaigners blaming their own supporters
They even blame Margaret Thatcher before they blame the ticket less fans that rushed in
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:28 - May 20 with 7533 viewsQPRDave

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:06 - May 20 by wombat

Out of order dave

Sorry wombat ....just saying that the Yorkshire police are blamed, the coroner was blamed maggie was blamed but their fans crushed them.
Sorry i'm not trying to upset any of you
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:29 - May 20 with 7524 viewsQPRDave

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:23 - May 20 by Stanisgod

Watch the programme, idiot.

Shut your gob tw*t.....
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:38 - May 20 with 7503 viewspaulparker

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:16 - May 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, paul, I understand your post better now and I see your point, but it's up to Liverpool FC and its fans to atone for Heysel, I would say. The families of the 96 have given their time, love and health to their departed loved ones. The reputations of their loved ones were linked with supposed hooliganism in Hillsborough for long enough, they are linked no more. It would be awful now to link them with the hooliganism of others at Heysel.

Take your point about the families and being Tarnished as yobs
For those who went football in those days the real fottie types got in early and got
A spot at the front,those are the poor sods who Perished
The cover up has been a disgrace and sadly I don't think those at the top will ever see jail
Me personally don't think Liverpool have ever taken part ownership of heysel
How many times would rangers been in Europe but for them,
Think of all the past innocent fans who went abroad and got a shoeing down to heysel, I just think it would be a huge gesture on their part to give the heysel families some compo once/ if it's all settled then all those poor souls can RIP

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:43 - May 20 with 7489 viewswombat

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:28 - May 20 by QPRDave

Sorry wombat ....just saying that the Yorkshire police are blamed, the coroner was blamed maggie was blamed but their fans crushed them.
Sorry i'm not trying to upset any of you

Dave of course some of the fans where to blame but many other factors caused that event to happen ,anyone who had visited hillsbrough know the very tunnel and have walked down the tunnel to the terraces . I think we actually played there not long before that's fateful day .

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:44 - May 20 with 7485 viewsloftboy

This along with Dunblane are the two tragedies in my lifetime that have affected me most, the pub I used to play football for at the time of hillsborough was full of "real football fans" everyone to a man said at the time it could of happened to anyone of us at any given time and most could cite incidents at games that may of had the same result, we ended up playing a ten hour match to raise money for the family's and sent a cheque off for a couple of grand, kenny Dalglish sent back a personal letter of thanks.
The 96 that died were in the ground on time and regardless of who was to blame for the crush it certainly wasn't them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:51 - May 20 with 7457 viewsloftus_upper

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:44 - May 20 by loftboy

This along with Dunblane are the two tragedies in my lifetime that have affected me most, the pub I used to play football for at the time of hillsborough was full of "real football fans" everyone to a man said at the time it could of happened to anyone of us at any given time and most could cite incidents at games that may of had the same result, we ended up playing a ten hour match to raise money for the family's and sent a cheque off for a couple of grand, kenny Dalglish sent back a personal letter of thanks.
The 96 that died were in the ground on time and regardless of who was to blame for the crush it certainly wasn't them.

Well said loftboy. At the time of Hillborough I was too young to take it in, but remember the photo's in the red tops of people pushed so far against the barriers that the paint was flaking against their cheeks. It could have been any football club or fans. Show a little respect. JF96 who went to a game and never came home.
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 23:07 - May 20 with 7410 viewswombat

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:51 - May 20 by loftus_upper

Well said loftboy. At the time of Hillborough I was too young to take it in, but remember the photo's in the red tops of people pushed so far against the barriers that the paint was flaking against their cheeks. It could have been any football club or fans. Show a little respect. JF96 who went to a game and never came home.

Think the radio report at the time made the announcement of crowd trouble at the game , got home and watched it on TV and still one of the worst things I've ever seen , Bradford also stuck in the mind t this day , it could have been any or us at either incident

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 00:11 - May 21 with 7333 views18StoneOfHoop

QPRDave,
The presenter Peter Marshall (who was actually there on the day) & the programme's evidence make it overwhelmingly and abundantly clear,for even the most inelastic of kneejerk 'it's a simple black and white issue' dim prejudiced minds,that it was in fact - (inadvertently & without of course any malice aforethought) - the South Yorkshire Police who were most at fault for the 96 fans death not other debased drunk LFC fans who were let in at the wrong place by the incompetent police.

The whole mindset of the time - rampant football hooliganism a la 'Wall at Luton was a real & serious 80's problem - allowed politicians of both wings,press and police to collude in the subsequent case and cover-up and created the great big oft-repeated lie that pissed-up scousers killed their own. Then Heysel is always brought in for comparisons sake when it would be fairer to judge each situation objectively and fairly on it's own merits rather than apply this simplistic tit-for-tat linkage.

Whatever, 'Always the victims,it's never your fault' seems to be your point of view without watching one minute of the programme and your opinion is never going to change whatever incontrovertible evidence is presented before you.
Fair enough, you know your own mind,carry on with your limited blinkered narrow vision tunnel assumption-making darkness if you so choose.

Link to the BBC Hillsborough Panorama documentary:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01svp5s

Here are a couple of random unrelated tunes to maybe lighten the sombre mood:

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 00:21 - May 21 with 7325 viewsMkPaul

I wouldn't believe a BBC documentary any more than I would believe the police reports on anything. The only thing that is certain here is that those that died on that terrible day were innocent and always have been, not sure I have ever seen them blamed for anything in the past, and this is different to Hysel at least for the 96. I doubt any of us will ever know the truth on this and unfortunatley the families probably wont either but i would say the blame lays with both the authorities and some fans,and maybe the families should get what they need now to allow them to get on with the grieving process
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 00:46 - May 21 with 7286 viewsgobbles

Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 22:38 - May 20 by paulparker

Take your point about the families and being Tarnished as yobs
For those who went football in those days the real fottie types got in early and got
A spot at the front,those are the poor sods who Perished
The cover up has been a disgrace and sadly I don't think those at the top will ever see jail
Me personally don't think Liverpool have ever taken part ownership of heysel
How many times would rangers been in Europe but for them,
Think of all the past innocent fans who went abroad and got a shoeing down to heysel, I just think it would be a huge gesture on their part to give the heysel families some compo once/ if it's all settled then all those poor souls can RIP

14 fans were imprisoned for manslaughter at Heysel.
There is a memorial to the Heysel victims at Anfield.
There is not a memorial to the Heysel victims at Juventus.
Watching the Hilsboro programme, BBC1 on 00:49 - May 21 with 7283 viewsHollowayRanger

didnt watch it but its repeated thursday /friday moring 1.10 am so will tappe it

seem to remember it was like a perfect storm they gave liverpool fans the wrong end then there was an accident on the motorway which delayed the fans no one thought to delay kick off fans pushed and pushed wanting to get in police didnt control them and open a gate from which they most went into the middle pen and not the sides ,then of course the police started hitting fans trying to get on pitch to escape crush but by then it was already too late for some

and the cover up began

i know most want standing stands again but i was in a small crush once im sure most of us have been ,my feet didnt touch the ground and my arms were pinned to my sides for no more then 30 seconds but it scared me as there was nothing i could do to recover ,what those poor fans went though must never happen again

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024