Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murphy extends stay 13:39 - Jun 3 with 3399 viewsKevinPR

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/030613-murphy-new-deal-852636.aspx
Murphy extends stay on 13:41 - Jun 3 with 3385 viewss1cRanger

Good lad. Expect he will be needed next season
Murphy extends stay on 13:41 - Jun 3 with 3379 viewsWeaverQPR

Would like to see him given a chance

@WeavQPR

Murphy extends stay on 13:46 - Jun 3 with 3351 viewsbaz_qpr

Murphy extends stay on 13:41 - Jun 3 by WeaverQPR

Would like to see him given a chance

Why? he was 3rd choice keeper at Ipswich in the Championship, he's 30 years old and made 40 professional appearances in 10 years at English clubs, he was a number 2 at swansea in league 1 and number 3 at Ipswich in the championship.
Murphy extends stay on 13:50 - Jun 3 with 3337 viewsBromleyHoop

Murphy extends stay on 13:46 - Jun 3 by baz_qpr

Why? he was 3rd choice keeper at Ipswich in the Championship, he's 30 years old and made 40 professional appearances in 10 years at English clubs, he was a number 2 at swansea in league 1 and number 3 at Ipswich in the championship.

Er...coz this is QPR! Sounds like a perfect resume to be our new No1 after Green and Caesar leave.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Murphy extends stay on 14:19 - Jun 3 with 3253 viewsWeaverQPR

Murphy extends stay on 13:46 - Jun 3 by baz_qpr

Well if he's that crap why are we keeping him on?

@WeavQPR

Murphy extends stay on 14:39 - Jun 3 with 3194 viewsMetallica_Hoop

What happened to the Trani?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Murphy extends stay on 15:21 - Jun 3 with 3133 viewsA40Bosh

Murphy extends stay on 14:39 - Jun 3 by Metallica_Hoop

What happened to the Trani?

He is still underage I think!

The thing is about goalies is that a club can rack 'em, pack 'em, an' stack 'em and they can really be valued as back up, but actually spend very little time between the sticks in competitive matches.

It's probably a bit of a poisoned chalice when coming in to a team as a goalie, because you are expected to be on top form from day one otherwise you are classed as a liability. There is no "needs to get his match fitness over a few games and he will be alright" type attitude that is often afforded to players in other positions.

Ok, so perhaps the League Of Ireland might not be comparable with even the lower leagues in the UK (I have no idea what the standard is like to be honest) but he has a great reputation for his performances with Bohemians and won Player of the year one year and won goalie of the year for a couple of years.

So unless Rob Green gets a move elsewhere during the summer then it looks as though it could be Green and Murphy as 1 and 2 with Radek now officially hanging up his gloves.

Let's hope that we get a good return on Cesar and then Murphy gets a chance to prove himself at Championship level next term and we see what he is really made of.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Murphy extends stay on 15:25 - Jun 3 with 3117 viewsadhoc_qpr

His only chance to make an impression for us was when Paddy Kenny got injured in our first season back in the Prem, but Murphy went and got injured in training that week and that was that!

Login to get fewer ads

Murphy extends stay on 15:26 - Jun 3 with 3116 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ah cool, mind you Hart was 17/18 when Bury chucked him in.

We have an Ipswich fan who wanted Murphy to stay when we signed him, he said he was better than the 2nd.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Murphy extends stay on 15:28 - Jun 3 with 3108 viewsA40Bosh

Murphy extends stay on 15:26 - Jun 3 by Metallica_Hoop

Ah cool, mind you Hart was 17/18 when Bury chucked him in.

We have an Ipswich fan who wanted Murphy to stay when we signed him, he said he was better than the 2nd.

Yes, I think he turned down the contract at Ipswich as his reputation was getting him interest from other clubs and he went on trials at a few clubs and we were one of them and we liked the look of him.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Murphy extends stay on 15:55 - Jun 3 with 3075 viewsHollowayRanger

should have got lee camp back and ditched caeser and green and saved a fortune

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Murphy extends stay on 18:56 - Jun 3 with 2931 viewsflynnbo

Murphy extends stay on 15:55 - Jun 3 by HollowayRanger

should have got lee camp back and ditched caeser and green and saved a fortune

Both Cesar and Green were bought during our salad days, however.
Murphy extends stay on 23:09 - Jun 3 with 2813 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Murphy extends stay on 15:21 - Jun 3 by A40Bosh

He is still underage I think!

The thing is about goalies is that a club can rack 'em, pack 'em, an' stack 'em and they can really be valued as back up, but actually spend very little time between the sticks in competitive matches.

It's probably a bit of a poisoned chalice when coming in to a team as a goalie, because you are expected to be on top form from day one otherwise you are classed as a liability. There is no "needs to get his match fitness over a few games and he will be alright" type attitude that is often afforded to players in other positions.

Ok, so perhaps the League Of Ireland might not be comparable with even the lower leagues in the UK (I have no idea what the standard is like to be honest) but he has a great reputation for his performances with Bohemians and won Player of the year one year and won goalie of the year for a couple of years.

So unless Rob Green gets a move elsewhere during the summer then it looks as though it could be Green and Murphy as 1 and 2 with Radek now officially hanging up his gloves.

Let's hope that we get a good return on Cesar and then Murphy gets a chance to prove himself at Championship level next term and we see what he is really made of.

I watch a fair bit of League of Ireland (Sligo Rovers fan) and the standard is roughly equivalent to League Two. The top sides are probably League One standard but that's about the extent of it. That said, there are now a number of ex LOI players turning out in the Premiership and Championship. They're the sort of lads (e.g. Seamus Coleman, Shane Long) who probably would've come over here as teens and failed to make it but by learning their trade playing week in week out in a tough league they are more prepared for life here when they move at 21 or whatever... There's a moral about young players in general in there somewhere..
Murphy extends stay on 11:49 - Jun 4 with 2725 viewsA40Bosh

Murphy extends stay on 23:09 - Jun 3 by PlumsteadQPR

I watch a fair bit of League of Ireland (Sligo Rovers fan) and the standard is roughly equivalent to League Two. The top sides are probably League One standard but that's about the extent of it. That said, there are now a number of ex LOI players turning out in the Premiership and Championship. They're the sort of lads (e.g. Seamus Coleman, Shane Long) who probably would've come over here as teens and failed to make it but by learning their trade playing week in week out in a tough league they are more prepared for life here when they move at 21 or whatever... There's a moral about young players in general in there somewhere..

They are giving Murphy an awful lot of coverage over this contract extension.
Ian Taylor has also done a 5min interview with him on QPR Player (they tend to be longer interviews when the player can string more than two words together).

So either it is a very slow week for news (which I suspect is actually the case) or TF and HR have agreed to let both JC and RG go in the summer and they are now trying to up the profile of our new 1st choice keeper ahead of the new season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024