Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post 12:34 - Jun 20 with 2043 viewsFFE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22982588

I'm NOT the Fox

Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 12:39 - Jun 20 with 2032 viewsMedwayR

Exactly my thoughts when I saw it, obviously trying to give his bowlers a confidence boost but surely he could've done that without making himself look ridiculous!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 12:40 - Jun 20 with 2028 viewsdaveB

They do have a decent bowling attack though, I think the Ashes will be closer than many seem to be predicting
Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 12:42 - Jun 20 with 2025 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That's like saying Carcass sing beautifully.

Fair play to him though just adds top the fun.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 12:50 - Jun 20 with 2009 viewsRangersw12

The point he is making is that if they have injuries they have bowlers to step up if you look at us our bowling reserves are quite thin so can see where he is coming from

The Aussies shouldn't be underestimated and my worry is that we never play well as favourites
Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 13:16 - Jun 20 with 1976 viewstoboboly

I imagine SA would also dispute that...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 13:31 - Jun 20 with 1956 viewsBlackCrowe

Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 12:50 - Jun 20 by Rangersw12

The point he is making is that if they have injuries they have bowlers to step up if you look at us our bowling reserves are quite thin so can see where he is coming from

The Aussies shouldn't be underestimated and my worry is that we never play well as favourites

Agree with your last sentence but not your first. I reckon we've got cover in positions 1 through 11 for the first time that I can remember. Of course the destructiveness of Anderson's bowling or Pietersen's batting is exceptional is probably the best in the world but the cover is as good as anything Australia have got.

Their quicks are being billed to be able to take 20 English wickets in a match, every match. Assuming that's the case and we know that our bowlers certainly can take 20 wickets then it's down to batting and we have Cook, Trott, Bell, Pietersen and Root (not to mention the likes of Bairstow, Prior etc) and they have Clarke.

Anything can happen during an Ashes series of course but on paper only Clarke would make it into an England side I reckon.

All talk of 5-0 though is absolute rubbish IMO. IF we win it, it won't be by more than 2 matches.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 13:34 - Jun 20 with 1951 viewsderbyhoop

I think he must have got the team sheets the wrong way round.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Deluded Aussies - Cricket Post on 14:24 - Jun 20 with 1916 viewsloftus77

Remember 1989? Then, as now, we went into the Ashes as strong favourites (Gooch, Gower, Botham et al) having won the previous two Ashes series.

Few gave the Aussies a chance and their Test record in the years 1987-89 was poor.

The rest is history...be warned.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024