Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes up to his old tricks again... 19:08 - Jul 2 with 2383 viewsJigsore

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8802839/

for those too lazy to click links - Stoke have signed defender Marc Muniesa on a free transfer from Barcelona.

The 21-year-old, who was a member of the Spain squad that recently won the European Under-21 Championship, has signed a four-year contract with the Potters.

i say he'll last 6 weeks

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:17 - Jul 2 with 2344 viewsCheshireR

What colour Ferrari will Kia get next I wonder.
Kerching - all aboard the gravy train.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:27 - Jul 2 with 2302 viewsClive_Anderson

Hopefully he'll kick the ball incredibly hard out for a throw in and it will hit Hughes in the face causing serious and irrepairable damage.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:32 - Jul 2 with 2274 viewsnhd23

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:27 - Jul 2 by Clive_Anderson

Hopefully he'll kick the ball incredibly hard out for a throw in and it will hit Hughes in the face causing serious and irrepairable damage.

Old tricks ??.This is a great signing of an excellent footballer,I wish he'd have pulled off just ONE of those kind of tricks with us.The massive C***
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:35 - Jul 2 with 2261 viewsMedwayR

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:32 - Jul 2 by nhd23

Old tricks ??.This is a great signing of an excellent footballer,I wish he'd have pulled off just ONE of those kind of tricks with us.The massive C***

Agreed, Hughes looks to be getting it right at Stoke so far which is f@cking infuriating, but I guess time will tell

Poll: Who’s better?

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:36 - Jul 2 with 2260 viewsJigsore

a great Spanish footballer with an excellent pedigree, you say?

Hmm what about that Esteban Granero chap?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:43 - Jul 2 with 2232 viewsTacticalR

Talking of old tricks, it seems that Hughes is gradually getting as many of his men as possible into key positions:

Hodges leaves role at QPR to join Hughes
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/hodges-leaves-role-at-qpr-to-join-hughes

Air hostess clique

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 20:28 - Jul 2 with 2092 viewsNorthernr

This.

His two signings so far at Stoke have been exactly the sort of player he should have been buying for us last summer when he was busy slinging one up Ji Sung Park.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 20:32 - Jul 2 with 2074 viewskensalriser

maybe he wasn't the one that bought Park.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 20:34 - Jul 2 with 2067 viewsNorthernr

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 20:32 - Jul 2 by kensalriser

maybe he wasn't the one that bought Park.

Yeh perhaps that's a fair point. Carries the can for most if not all of the others though. Bosingwa etc.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 20:40 - Jul 2 with 2035 viewskensalriser

Perhaps, and I certainly don't mean to defend the worst QPR manager since Alan Mullery, but the strategy of acquiring overpriced flops started before his tenure.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 20:55 - Jul 2 with 1959 viewsMkPaul

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 20:40 - Jul 2 by kensalriser

Perhaps, and I certainly don't mean to defend the worst QPR manager since Alan Mullery, but the strategy of acquiring overpriced flops started before his tenure.

Also can't stand him as a manager, but most clubs fans would have creamed their pants at some of the signings made, just a shame it didn't work out for us
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 21:11 - Jul 2 with 1910 viewsClive_Anderson

Perhaps when the ball hits him his nose will splinter sending fragments into his brain, which will give him frequent and painful headaches for the rest of his life.

If so then it would be a very good signing.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 23:56 - Jul 2 with 1741 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I think northern sums it up perfectly in his graveyard article in where we brought players because of who they are and what success they have had achieved with previous club without looking out how they would fit into the team and whether they are suited too our style of play or formation and if they are committed to the cause . They obviously thought buy first and then work them in to fit in but this stratergy simply does not work .
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 05:08 - Jul 3 with 1666 viewstimcocking

Hmmm, my fear is that he'll be an absolutely blinding signing. Sod's law; Stoke finish 7th, Sparky manager of the year
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 06:03 - Jul 3 with 1654 viewsessextaxiboy

Just recovered from a ruptured cruciate . Bit of a gamble IMO throwing him into the Prem .

Without wishing bad luck on this player I really hope Hughes bombs at Stoke .
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 08:50 - Jul 3 with 1535 viewsDANRANGER

Agree both signings very good as were Granero, Hoilett and M'bia at the the time but we have far more troubles than Stoke and he has a far better base to build on so you would expect any signing he makes will fit in. You build a team from the defence and Stoke have a solid keeper and 2 decent centre halves which we lacked.

Anyway, not our problem what Stoke are doing and he'll probably benefit from the time with us in knowing what not to do!
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 08:56 - Jul 3 with 1523 viewsfakekerby

Nedum Onouha and M'Bia looked every bit as good a signing as these two but you can't predict anything in football.

I think Stoke will struggle. Hughes is a poor manager and they are trying to adopt a new playing style that he isn't known for.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 09:25 - Jul 3 with 1490 viewsJamie

Fantastic prospect but the worlds unluckiest footballer. Sent off on his Barca debut for an incredible challenge, promoted to the first team this year and did his knee in pre-season wherein Bartra overtook him.

Fancy he'll be a great long term signing for them.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 10:41 - Jul 3 with 1431 viewsrsonist

His signings for us looked even more promising. Don't see why everyone's so impressed.

For what it's worth a PSV fan I know is absolutely delighted to have got shot of Pieters. And Muniesa in the Premiership could easily be another Granero.
Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 10:59 - Jul 3 with 1404 viewsDesertBoot

Hughes up to his old tricks again... on 19:35 - Jul 2 by MedwayR

Agreed, Hughes looks to be getting it right at Stoke so far which is f@cking infuriating, but I guess time will tell

Heard a Spanish journalist on the radio saying Barca let him go as be missed last season with cruciate ligaments damage.
He lacks pace to be a full back and the height or strength to be a centre back. Lets see.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024