Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Parker? 10:31 - Jul 3 with 11101 viewsreal_loftus

Latest to be linked. Some sort of deal to be done with Remy and Townsend also involved?

Parker certainly fits the bill- old, expensive and injury prone!

ATAF.

Scott Parker? on 17:07 - Jul 3 with 2228 viewsToast_R

Parker is a great player and I think his game in the championship would be a million times better then poxy Park's.

However he does have the potential to became the new Gavin Peacock, great when fit but missing injured when we need him the most.
Scott Parker? on 17:13 - Jul 3 with 2201 viewsDylanP

Scott Parker? on 15:32 - Jul 3 by PhilmyRs

Think the experiences of last season has put everyone off signing players over 30. Shame, think we could miss out on some good characters. It was only 2 years ago that we signed Derry, Mackie and Hill.

Regarding Scott Parker, I’ve never once spoken to a supporter of a team he’s played for whose not said good things about him. Last season too many players didn’t put a shift in, they were lazy and showed a lack of fight. You can never accuse Parker of that. I personally like the analogy with the Derry signing. I thought he was sh*t at Palace when we played them and really didn’t hold out much hope when he arrived. He was a revelation.

Given the chance, I’d take Scott Parker.

Err.. Mackie isn't over 30

Just sayin'

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Scott Parker? on 17:29 - Jul 3 with 2163 viewsNov77

One bookie has stopped taking bets on Parker coming after a string of 'heavy" bets
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/qpr/transfer-talk/news/bookmaker-suspends-p

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Scott Parker? on 17:53 - Jul 3 with 2120 viewsrsonist

"Parker is also expected to have to take a small pay cut from his current £60,000-a-week wage at Spurs", it says in the Standard article. Oh well as long as it's a small one eh.
Scott Parker? on 19:55 - Jul 3 with 2035 viewsdaveB

with parker it's not just about what he gives on the pitch but off it as well, he is a good man in the dressing room and will help bring some harmony to the squad. He;s very different to park imo, i don't think his legs have gone the issue at spurs was how much more attacking they were with demble and sandro so when they got injured and parker came back in he was such a different type of player it changed how they played and hurt them.

He's far too good for the championship imo, clubs like west ham and villa should be going in for him ahead of us but would love to get him
Scott Parker? on 20:24 - Jul 3 with 1956 viewseghamranger

He will be good for the club, he is a family man, won't be on the front of the newspapers and doesn't tweet. Just hope he stays injury free.
Scott Parker? on 21:02 - Jul 3 with 1913 viewsderbyhoop

He has been a very decent player and a model professional. But in the last year, injuries have started to catch up with him. He'd be exactly the right sort to have around but the "has been" in the first sentence may be too prophetic.

Spurs aren't going to let him go on the cheap, he'll want massive wages for a Championship club, and he may still harbour ambitions of going to the World Cup. If the latter is true, then he won't want to drop a division.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Scott Parker? on 08:40 - Jul 4 with 1797 viewsconnell10

Scott Parker? on 13:21 - Jul 3 by Northernr

What puts me off is the Park signing last summer. His legs had gone at Man Utd, but I thought "just cos he's not good enough for Man Utd doesn't mean he won't be good enough for QPR".
Last season Parker was clearly spent, the difference between Spurs with Sandro and Spurs with him was stark. But you'd think he'd still be fantastic for the Championship.

On balance, if we can get him for £2m on a reasonable wage, I think he could be a great acquisition.

sage words mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Parker? on 08:44 - Jul 4 with 1792 viewsadhoc_qpr

You can guarantee we won't do any thorough checks around injuries if he does want to come, so desperate to get another 'name' and 'talisman' through the doors...

I've always rated Parker but he was very poor the handful of times i saw him play for Spurs last season - whether that was down to injury or a Park-esque decline i'm not sure.

Scott Parker? on 08:50 - Jul 4 with 1786 viewstimcocking

To be honest, i imagine he'd be excellent this year if he comes, if he is fit. No idea about that.

Certainly on paper the likes of Crouchie and Parker are sort of everything we've been saying we don't want; ex internationals, step down, over 30s, past peak, super expensive etc, but that said i think those two have good character and would be superb at Championship level. If they are/stay fit.

I'd prefer Huddlestone to Parker for certain. Although no idea about his character?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Scott Parker? on 20:48 - Jul 4 with 1706 viewsnhd23

Scott Parker? on 08:50 - Jul 4 by timcocking

To be honest, i imagine he'd be excellent this year if he comes, if he is fit. No idea about that.

Certainly on paper the likes of Crouchie and Parker are sort of everything we've been saying we don't want; ex internationals, step down, over 30s, past peak, super expensive etc, but that said i think those two have good character and would be superb at Championship level. If they are/stay fit.

I'd prefer Huddlestone to Parker for certain. Although no idea about his character?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Although I think we should be looking at younger players than him Scott Parker would be a great signing for us,the fans would absolutely love him and a lot of the younger players would learn a thing or two about professionalism and attitude on and off the pitch,definite captain material.Would probably spell the end for Shaun Derry to join McDermott's Leeds revolution though.

Still hoping we are going to spend some of the Samba money on a decent centre half (Matt Mills) and a decent young striker from the lower leagues with a bit of potential and/or sell on value (Nahki Wells of Bradford or Paddy Madden of Yeovil)
Scott Parker? on 22:08 - Jul 4 with 1646 viewsthemodfather

Scott Parker? on 20:48 - Jul 4 by nhd23

Although I think we should be looking at younger players than him Scott Parker would be a great signing for us,the fans would absolutely love him and a lot of the younger players would learn a thing or two about professionalism and attitude on and off the pitch,definite captain material.Would probably spell the end for Shaun Derry to join McDermott's Leeds revolution though.

Still hoping we are going to spend some of the Samba money on a decent centre half (Matt Mills) and a decent young striker from the lower leagues with a bit of potential and/or sell on value (Nahki Wells of Bradford or Paddy Madden of Yeovil)

i said ages back we need to fing a midfield "general" like west ham did with nolan and build around that
parker may fit the bill?
and we can sod off tw*t twitter barton
Scott Parker? on 20:54 - Jul 6 with 1515 viewsbishom

Heard from through his sister that although not 100%, this is nearly a done deal.

Bishom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024