Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
442 Predictions 16:42 - Jul 31 with 4613 viewsBedford_R

442 magazine has predicted that the Championship table will finish like this come then end of the season in 2014:

1.Reading
2.Bolton
3.Leeds
4.Charlton
5.Nottingham Forest
6.Ipswich
7.Derby
8.Leicester
9.Wigan
10.Birmingham
11.Brighton
12.Watford
13.Middlesborough
14.QPR
15.Blackpool
16.Burnley
17.Sheffield Wednesday
18.Bournemouth
19.Blackburn
20.Barnsley
21.Huddersfield
22.Millwall
23.Doncaster
24.Yeovil

I think we will finish slightly lower than that. And I think they are right about Reading as they had a Championship team in the prem last season.

Some bookies still have us as favourites to go straight back up....jeez...

RMH_R Reborn

442 Predictions on 16:44 - Jul 31 with 4591 viewsRblockPrior

charlton 4th is interesting

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

442 Predictions on 16:46 - Jul 31 with 4581 viewsBAWHoops

Agree almost entirely with that!

Birmingham to be lower, but other than that it's spot on for mw

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

442 Predictions on 16:49 - Jul 31 with 4565 viewswittle

dont think leeds and charlton will be up there and dont think millwall will go down either.
442 Predictions on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 4536 viewsrunningman75

Think Wigan will be higher. Speaking to a Watford fan today who reckoned Reading would walk the Championship with their current squad.
442 Predictions on 16:55 - Jul 31 with 4516 viewspeejaybee

Nobody walks the Championship.ATAF>

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

442 Predictions on 16:57 - Jul 31 with 4509 viewsRblockPrior

1.Reading
2.Bolton
3.QPR
4.Nottingham Forest
5.Leeds
6.Ipswich
7.Derby
8.Leicester
9.Wigan
10.Blackburn
11.Charlton
12.Watford
13.Middlesborough
14. Brighton
15.Blackpool
16.Burnley
17.Sheffield Wednesday
18.Bournemouth
19. Birmingham
20.Millwall
21. Barnsley
22.Huddersfield
23.Doncaster
24.Yeovil
[Post edited 31 Jul 2013 16:57]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

442 Predictions on 18:28 - Jul 31 with 4359 viewsShackletonR

Pass me the prozac ffs.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

442 Predictions on 18:31 - Jul 31 with 4349 viewsrsonist

See no reason to think Watford and Brighton will decline so badly. In fact, they may even be better.
Login to get fewer ads

442 Predictions on 19:23 - Jul 31 with 4251 viewsHollowayRanger

agree watford started slowly last season as their imports adjusted to the championship this season they will have already adjusted

reading will win it best we will do is 5th 6th and i cant see that unless we get two strikers in

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

442 Predictions on 19:43 - Jul 31 with 4185 viewsTheBlob

Absolute bollocks.Hairy bollocks.Automatic promotion.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

442 Predictions on 22:29 - Jul 31 with 3998 viewsdaveB

you could make a strong case for about 14 teams going up which is why this league is so exciting. I too think Charlton will do well this year but it's a really tough league to call, we're in a group with loads of others where one signing could propel us to champions and a bad one sends you struggling to stay up
442 Predictions on 22:36 - Jul 31 with 3967 viewsAntti_Heinola

442 Predictions on 16:55 - Jul 31 by peejaybee

Nobody walks the Championship.ATAF>

Er... 2011 is calling and says he begs to differ...

maybe that's what you meant.

Anyway, there's no reason why Watford won't do much better than suggested, can't see Leeds being that high, Forest are all mouth (anyway, didn't they win the league in February two years back?), Bolton won't finish 2nd, but I bet if 100 people did this prediction the average person would get about 3 places right! It's a good league. Never that bothered about relegation per se, just the manner of it. I like the championship.

Bare bones.

442 Predictions on 23:10 - Jul 31 with 3917 viewsNorthernr

Leeds too high.
Charlton way, way too high.
Watford far, far too low.
Birmingham about 12 places too high.

Everything else fair enough.

This post has been edited by an administrator
442 Predictions on 23:17 - Jul 31 with 3896 viewsKiwi76

Think When Saturday Comes prediction of us in 7th will be closer to mark - think theirs is based on feedback from rest of Champ - not got at work & only downloaded last night.
442 Predictions on 02:34 - Aug 1 with 3818 viewsSonofNorfolt

Speaking as someone who likes to think that they know what they are talking about, I can honestly say I haven't got a clue.About either us or this division, this year it will be easier to win Euro Millions than predict the table.

Watford will be in contention, but as for the rest?
We should, but we should have been comfortable last season, so it means sweet fa.
442 Predictions on 03:56 - Aug 1 with 3806 viewsSeth_Gecko

Unless we do smart business before September then I'd say it's very likely FourFourTwo will be right about us.

For me it'll be between Reading, Wigan, Forest, Watford and Leeds fighting for 1st and 2nd.

Think the best we can hope for is the play-offs, although I personally think we'll finish around the 8th-14th mark.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

442 Predictions on 06:23 - Aug 1 with 3771 viewswood_hoop

442 Predictions on 22:29 - Jul 31 by daveB

you could make a strong case for about 14 teams going up which is why this league is so exciting. I too think Charlton will do well this year but it's a really tough league to call, we're in a group with loads of others where one signing could propel us to champions and a bad one sends you struggling to stay up

The standard of football in this league is not great, hence there being so many teams in with a shout.

Agree with the comment that it can be just one or two players that can make a difference, we had AT when we gained promotion and the rest of the squad a hard working bunch that gelled for many of our games, ethos of playing for each other shone through and even if quality was not always there AT was on hand to produce a bit of magic to turn a game.

The signing of Austin if completed could be our new AT this season, hard to see some of our players rolling up there sleeves and being the 'waterboys' week in week out as our previous promotion winning squad but as the standard is so much lower than the Prem some just might find a little more effort pays dividends.

Not thinking we can automatically win promotion by any means, after last season too many of our players showed that pride and professionalism was way down their list of factors to bring to the club, for some this league will give them the chance to prove why they were signed in the first place, whether they take it is very much up to HR to create a smilar spirit that Warnock so succesfully gleaned from a squad of players that you could say were not household names.

Picking a winner of this league on paper a fun exersise and nothing more, if that easy the bookies would all be paupers.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 6:25]
442 Predictions on 07:37 - Aug 1 with 3712 viewsLoft1979

First:
You, me and HR have no idea what QPR's roster will be. With Charlie Austin, there will be less doubters. BUT consider that the of the QPR team expected to stay up last year is still here. No one of significance is out. If Hoilet, AJ, Ale, BZ, Dunne, Simpson all are healthy & contribute. The porous defense will be improved. If Granero performs better and McClaren's influence takes we will be good.
442 Predictions on 08:12 - Aug 1 with 3682 viewsBAWHoops

442 Predictions on 23:10 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Leeds too high.
Charlton way, way too high.
Watford far, far too low.
Birmingham about 12 places too high.

Everything else fair enough.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Quite fancy Charlton this season. Good manager, good ethos around the club.
Agree Watford will be up there, think Leeds will too.

Birmingham doomed

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

442 Predictions on 12:48 - Aug 1 with 3594 viewskropotkin41

The thing is that The Championship could be as tight as it was last season with some ridiculously small points margin between 6th and the relegation spots.......... it's virtually impossible to predict the table under those circumstances.......... we could easily lurk around the play-offs until April and still finish in 14th or lower or we could look like relegation fodder until Christmas and still finish in the play-offs.

These aren't so much predictions as page-fillers.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

442 Predictions on 12:51 - Aug 1 with 3589 viewsEalingRanger

Plenty for us all to look forward to this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024