Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM 17:39 - Sep 14 with 8017 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Gary O'Neil for me. Never stopped running. Good passes, one fantastic tackle, did well down the right. Great game.
SWP also added a bit of spark when he came on

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

MOTM on 22:32 - Sep 14 with 1364 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Dunne for me. Gives us a solid base at the back.

Workmanlike win today. We were below par but showed touches of class, Birmingham lacked imagination and seemed slow and lumbering (except for their right winger!) but they still had one or two chances.

We just weren't so flowing in our attacking play as we can be, but hopefully this will come as the new signings settle in to the team.

Another clean sheet for Greeno and back four.
Barton some shocking passes but leading the way at other times.
Carroll and Phillips need a bit more time.
SWP looked lively as a sub.

When the new boys have settled in, I think they will find Austin great for link-up play.

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

MOTM on 09:57 - Sep 15 with 1253 viewsBlue_Castello

MOTM on 20:01 - Sep 14 by jonno

He only improved because we went with three in centre midfield with O'Neil there as well.
That kid is never strong enough to play centre mid in a 442 at our level - if they continue to play him there in that setup it's going to cost us a lot of points. Really can't see that he's an improvement on what Faurlin can give us - quite the opposite in fact. We were shocking in the first half and something had to be done, we were lucky not to be two down. How can Zamora be expected to play football at this level when he can't even walk without a limp?
I would say Barton was MOM - in the first half he was doing the job of the whole midfield.

+1 - Exactly my thoughts from yesterday which is good to read as there are so many differing views on the mboard.

Barton covered so much ground and was doing two mens work, I cant understand why Carroll was "chucked" in at the deep end when we have Faurlin and Henry as better options on the bench. I think Harrys done a good job over the last few weeks but he does still make some strange selection decisions, if you are one of his " favourites" then it helps.
Carroll my be effective in a three man midfield but he looks too lightweight for a midfield 2 in the Championship and if you read the Derby blog, then you can only hope he will improve with game time, if we have that luxury. Carroll ran a fair bit but the game was passing him by with players from both sides being more physical, he improved to a degree in the second half but that was when O'neill moved inside and started giving some extra help to Barton.
I accept Carroll needs to be given time and he may come good but without Barton alongside him we would have been rolled over, surely the side should be picked on merit and balance. I was worried we might struggle this year but after Harrys dealings in the market ( out / in ) we now have a realistic chance of promotion.

You may well laugh BUT Hogan Ephraim could have done the same job as Carroll in that game, hes been discarded because hes too lightweight. I do hope Carroll comes good, for the sake of the team but I hope Harry selects the team on merit for every game.
MOTM (n/t) on 12:03 - Sep 15 with 1209 viewsderbyhoop

Agree with most posters 're Barton, Dunne,O'Neill and Austin. Carroll got a lot better the longer the game went on. Needs more game time, but the ability is there. Bobby z is finished, sadly. Unless we get a striker on loan, I'd look to push Hitchcock.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2013 12:08]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

MOTM on 12:06 - Sep 15 with 1207 viewsNorthernr

Dunne MOTM for me, superb.

Carroll can't play centrally in a 442. Very surprised we tried that.
MOTM on 12:35 - Sep 15 with 1180 views1MoreBrightonR

For me it was Nedum. I was impressed with SWP when he came on too...it was nice having a couple creative attacking options on the pitch for once and if he accepted he's not dreadful at this level, SWP might actually get some confidence!

Phillips looked rusty as expected but i thought was very promising....bad first touch and some mislaid passes but that comes with not being match fit.
MOTM on 13:45 - Sep 15 with 1154 viewsSomersetHoops

O'neil loses it for me because of his lack of movement on one pass which would have put him clear about halfway through the second half. I agree Dunn was solid and Clint played well. I don't like Barton, but he played quite well except for a least two instances when he gave the ball away once setting Birmingham up for a shot that hit the post. SWP should now be 'returned to the fold' as he showed good effort. If he had played all game I think Matt Philips would have got it and Charlie Austin needs to gain more confidence so he doesn't snatch at shots an in form striker would put away. I can't really pick out anyone to be MOTM as I don't really think anyone was outstanding and our whole team get a 6 from me, mainly because it was such an un-entertaining game.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024