Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED 09:40 - Sep 22 with 6487 viewsArgyBargy1982

Anyone else on the 18.29 from Yeovil Junction last night? - or the mobile sauna as it became.

The 6 car train was already standing room only in the front 3 and busy in the back 3 when it left YJ. So what sort of idiot decides to split it at Salisbury forcing everyone in the front 3. No-one could have been surprised it was a busy train, particularly the old bill
with all their so-called "football intelligence".

Leaving Salisbury there simply wasn't enough oxygen to breathe and condensation was forming on the windows and there was 90 mins to go to London. Cattle wouldn't be allowed to travel like this. Even if the train was due to split according to the timetable someone should have shown some common sense.

ArgyBargy and party got off at Andover and waited for 45 mins for next train which was also very busy.

CLIVE - we need your AwayDays column back to cover these sorts of things.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 11:05 - Sep 22 with 6236 viewsenfieldargh

someone dunne pulled the emergency stop cord thingy which meant we were dunne late in arriving at waterloo and stuck in surrey for what seemed like dunne ages but it all got sorteed and we were dunne dunne dunne dunne dunne

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 11:38 - Sep 22 with 6127 viewsBakes

It was possibly one of the worse experiences of my life! I have never been so hot and uncomfortable, I could not breathe. The two BTP officers who were stood next to us said it was disgraceful and decided to get off. If I wasn't so hungover i would write a complaint to south west trains.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 11:47 - Sep 22 with 6089 viewsthemodfather

it's a fact, animals cannot be transported like this!
packed train, as expected....then some pompey got on
then a delay into clapham and waterloo, it dragged on. i was lucky to fight for a seat and win, the old man with his guide dog won't try that again! (poor joke) seems coaches etc delayed too due to a nasty crash near the airfields pub/roundabout. 4 fire engines (in yeovil), 3 ambulances among dozens of cops, shows the seriousness of it. reports someone died but i am not sure.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 11:55 - Sep 22 with 6053 viewsFearless

We walked back to the airfield pub after the game to await a cab.
The car crash looked horrific and caused the main roads to become a standstill (let's hope that the people involved were ok)

We were booked on the 19:29 back which was pretty busy - but became busier as we hit stops and people that had got off the earlier one joined ours (what they said of the 18:29 sounded appalling)

As has been said, Yeovil doesn't appear to be geared for c.10k people watching football and it seems no-one had a good journey whether train, coach or car.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 12:50 - Sep 22 with 5873 viewsMichael_Hunt

Couldn't believe the stupidity of only three carriages.

Anyway a big to Paul Finney for not only giving up his seat for me but leaving his stock of cider (unwittingly)

I owe you one.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 12:54 - Sep 22 with 5848 viewsdaveB

Was the same on the 1929 which was packed, an odd thing to do with so many on the train but I imagine this is a regular thing, was the same on the way up as well.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 13:26 - Sep 22 with 5773 viewsstowmarketrange

I spoke to the guard on the 18.29 and he said that the 3 coaches join up at Waterloo to form a 6 coach train back to Yeovil junction again.It was a very unpleasant journey for a lot of people on that train home,but you've got to feel especially sorry for the poor guy who dropped a whole box of peroni bottles of lager on the platform because the handle gave way.
I don't think people singing "you're not getting drunk" cheered him up much.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 13:55 - Sep 22 with 5708 viewsMichael_Hunt

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 13:26 - Sep 22 by stowmarketrange

I spoke to the guard on the 18.29 and he said that the 3 coaches join up at Waterloo to form a 6 coach train back to Yeovil junction again.It was a very unpleasant journey for a lot of people on that train home,but you've got to feel especially sorry for the poor guy who dropped a whole box of peroni bottles of lager on the platform because the handle gave way.
I don't think people singing "you're not getting drunk" cheered him up much.

I think that might possibly have been one of the LFW "crew" as I saw them get out of a taxi at YJ with an off-licence load of Peroni.
Login to get fewer ads

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 14:14 - Sep 22 with 5654 viewsJeff

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 13:55 - Sep 22 by Michael_Hunt

I think that might possibly have been one of the LFW "crew" as I saw them get out of a taxi at YJ with an off-licence load of Peroni.

That was WanderR and it only broke because he was holding it with one finger...

Clive's brother then attempted to show Clive exactly what WanderR had done, and nearly did exactly the same thing again!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 14:16]

Can we not knock it?

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 14:17 - Sep 22 with 5632 viewsTGRRRSSS

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 14:14 - Sep 22 by Jeff

Clive's brother then attempted to show Clive exactly what WanderR had done, and nearly did exactly the same thing again!

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 14:29 - Sep 22 with 5598 viewsstowmarketrange

I heard it drop twice,so I guess the box may have given way in the end.The poor sod then had to clean up all the broken glass too,watched on by some very sympathetic people.
I'd like to think his mates shared a bottle or two with him.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 14:57 - Sep 22 with 5536 viewsQPR442

Try getting any SW train from Waterloo between 4.30-6.30PM and you will get the same service.
They cram them in and I bet they are breaking Health and Safety rules. Sadly this will only be dealt with after a Tragedy/disaster and the greedy pricks that run the network will probably get a knighthood for it.

I paid £40+ to get into work recently and had the pleasure of not getting a seat there or back and when I complained to the guard, he just told me to get a later train.

Try not to use the rail now as it’s a piss poor service.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 15:13 - Sep 22 with 5490 viewsbatmanhoop

. . . and we have the most expensive fares in Europe
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 15:20 - Sep 22 with 5466 viewsMichael_Hunt

Serves him right; greedy sod.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 15:36 - Sep 22 with 5411 viewswestberksr

well my last minute decision to drive down was nearly a waste of time as the queue via Stonehenge (wtf is there to see there!?) took over an hour to do 4 miles. got into the away end at 2.57pm, had a piss and found a quiet spot.

was lucky leaving as i'd parked in the asda and my satnav brought me in slightly rural stylie, when i heard the sirens i spun back the way i came.

mind you, the Mrs got a crap train from londonium to reading so my 85 mile journey home had a 50 mile pick up added on.

don't care on winning away days; bet Ted hoped i didn't go with my record on my travels, I think that's the first win away I've seen since about Jan 2011, curse is broken!
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 16:01 - Sep 22 with 5353 viewsmrcrazycat

I can't and it myself-my train back to Exeter was on time, half empty, had soft lighting and a well stocked, at seat trolley service.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 18:31 - Sep 22 with 5166 viewsWanderR

It was my one-handed carrying technique that led to the unfortunate incident in question. Although it looked worse I can confirm only a single bottle of Peroni was lost. Not that it pacified Clive when he arrived shortly afterwards - apparently it's still a three match ban!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 18:32]

Current location: OX10

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 18:39 - Sep 22 with 5128 viewsstowmarketrange

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 18:31 - Sep 22 by WanderR

It was my one-handed carrying technique that led to the unfortunate incident in question. Although it looked worse I can confirm only a single bottle of Peroni was lost. Not that it pacified Clive when he arrived shortly afterwards - apparently it's still a three match ban!

That's good news then.Sorry for your loss.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 18:47 - Sep 22 with 5105 viewsted_hendrix

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 15:36 - Sep 22 by westberksr

well my last minute decision to drive down was nearly a waste of time as the queue via Stonehenge (wtf is there to see there!?) took over an hour to do 4 miles. got into the away end at 2.57pm, had a piss and found a quiet spot.

was lucky leaving as i'd parked in the asda and my satnav brought me in slightly rural stylie, when i heard the sirens i spun back the way i came.

mind you, the Mrs got a crap train from londonium to reading so my 85 mile journey home had a 50 mile pick up added on.

don't care on winning away days; bet Ted hoped i didn't go with my record on my travels, I think that's the first win away I've seen since about Jan 2011, curse is broken!

Stuart, I went through Hungerford and around Salisbury (via Tidworth).
I heard a rumour that a druid had internally combusted and Stonehenge was shut Saturday morning to allow the hippie police to carry out investigations.
Clive seemed extremely happy before kick off.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 22:59 - Sep 22 with 4749 viewsgjc104

We were stuck in the away car park till about 6.30/6.45 I think because of the accident, which I heard was fatal? and then it was 3 1/4 hours back to Stoke on Trent, stopped for a KFC somewhere near Bristol.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 23:27 - Sep 22 with 4702 viewsNorthernr

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 18:31 - Sep 22 by WanderR

You were given one job to do.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 23:30 - Sep 22 with 4692 viewsNeil_SI

I was quite comfortable stashed away in the luggage compartment.
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 07:34 - Sep 23 with 4501 viewsMrsJeff

SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 23:30 - Sep 22 by Neil_SI

I was quite comfortable stashed away in the luggage compartment.

Like a ninja...
SOUTH WEST TRAINS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED on 00:32 - Sep 28 with 4159 viewsade_qpr

Any thing like this when it comes to train rides??

http://safeshare.tv/w/vwncRciSFb

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024