Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 games in... 20:30 - Sep 22 with 4983 viewsJL_Dale

I think it's safe to say that the majority of Dale fans will be pleased with 14 points from the first 8 games , especially when we're only in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Looking at the way we've played for the first 8 games, what would be your starting 11 for the Wycombe game on Saturday? Mine would be:

- Lills
Rhhhys, Lancashire, O'Connell, Rose
- Lund, Dicker
- Done, Henderson, Hery
- Hogan

I think it's safe to say Lancashire, Hendo, Lund and Hogan have been the best of the bunch so far, and it'd be hard to call who has been the best.

Personally, I've not been impressed by Vincetti. It's safe to say he acts as the perfect target man, however I a winger to be able to beat a man and put a cross in which he hasn't shown he can do. I think Hery needs a run out to be honest, always looks lively when he comes on.

Wycombe is going to be a tough game, and a win will provide a huge confidence boost for the trip down to Pompey. A win down their will certainly cure the hangovers.

I am very optimistic for this season.

8 games in... on 20:33 - Sep 22 with 4973 viewsAtThePeake

I agree for the most part.

100% in agreement with Vincenti.

Not sure Hogan can do it on his own up front. Was isolated at Plymouth and struggled at Doncaster. I'd rather have him running with the ball from deep to be honest.

Tangled up in blue.

8 games in... on 20:35 - Sep 22 with 4963 viewsJL_Dale

8 games in... on 20:33 - Sep 22 by AtThePeake

I agree for the most part.

100% in agreement with Vincenti.

Not sure Hogan can do it on his own up front. Was isolated at Plymouth and struggled at Doncaster. I'd rather have him running with the ball from deep to be honest.

I'd agree with the Hogan comment, however who would you have leading the line?

Cummins looked shattered after being on the pitch 5 minutes on Saturday...
8 games in... on 20:36 - Sep 22 with 4958 viewsAtThePeake

8 games in... on 20:35 - Sep 22 by JL_Dale

I'd agree with the Hogan comment, however who would you have leading the line?

Cummins looked shattered after being on the pitch 5 minutes on Saturday...

I'm not sure. Probably give Cummins a go and if it's not working at half-time give Bunney a chance.

Tangled up in blue.

8 games in... on 20:38 - Sep 22 with 4951 viewsJL_Dale

8 games in... on 20:36 - Sep 22 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure. Probably give Cummins a go and if it's not working at half-time give Bunney a chance.

I think that's what Hilly will do. But like at Burton, Bunny will get pushed high up the pitch and be used as a target man. The lad weighs about 8 stone wet through, he needs to be put on the wing to cut in. He looks like he has a great shot on him.
8 games in... on 20:54 - Sep 22 with 4894 viewszxcvbnm

Injuries permitting I'd imagine Cummins for Donnelly will be the only change

Maybe Grey will get the vacancy on the bench

Tutte who by the way?

Poll: Best loanee keeper

8 games in... on 21:29 - Sep 22 with 4802 viewsDaley_Lama

8 games in... on 20:54 - Sep 22 by zxcvbnm

Injuries permitting I'd imagine Cummins for Donnelly will be the only change

Maybe Grey will get the vacancy on the bench

Tutte who by the way?

Bunney at Burton played up front on his own in a 4-4-1 formation. Hasn't played with 11 men on the pitch.

Cummins played yesterday in a 4-4-1 formation as we were again down to 10 men. He played v Torquay in a 4-4-2 formation which suited nobody on the pitch and we only improved when he went off, not because he was gash, because we went to 4-5-1 which suited everybody.

Cummins will get the nod, seasoned pro etc but Bunney will be up one in the pecking order for subs duty.

Poll: DF in or out

8 games in... on 21:58 - Sep 22 with 4742 viewsTVOS1907

8 games in... on 21:29 - Sep 22 by Daley_Lama

Bunney at Burton played up front on his own in a 4-4-1 formation. Hasn't played with 11 men on the pitch.

Cummins played yesterday in a 4-4-1 formation as we were again down to 10 men. He played v Torquay in a 4-4-2 formation which suited nobody on the pitch and we only improved when he went off, not because he was gash, because we went to 4-5-1 which suited everybody.

Cummins will get the nod, seasoned pro etc but Bunney will be up one in the pecking order for subs duty.

We had 11 when Bunney came on at Plymouth.

No idea what the formation was.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

8 games in... on 22:03 - Sep 22 with 4727 viewsHopwoodblue

8 games in... on 21:58 - Sep 22 by TVOS1907

Does anyone think they've offered to cancel Tuttes contract for a few quid, and are waiting a response from his agent,seems a waste of money on our part and a waste of footballing life on his?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Login to get fewer ads

8 games in... on 22:05 - Sep 22 with 4718 viewszxcvbnm

Well he attended the home game v Torquay in his training gear so unless it's been done in the last week. No but I reckon he'll be loaned out if and when possible

Poll: Best loanee keeper

8 games in... on 22:10 - Sep 22 with 4701 viewsTalkingSutty

8 games in... on 22:03 - Sep 22 by Hopwoodblue

Does anyone think they've offered to cancel Tuttes contract for a few quid, and are waiting a response from his agent,seems a waste of money on our part and a waste of footballing life on his?

He obviously doesnt buy into the team concept, its all about him. The club renew his contract and at the start of the season you would think he would want to impress his new colleagues, instead he shows his true colours a couple of games into the season.

I hope we dont see him in a Dale shirt again, we havent missed him one bit.
8 games in... on 22:30 - Sep 22 with 4654 viewsAtThePeake

8 games in... on 21:58 - Sep 22 by TVOS1907

4-4-2 alongside Hogan.

He didn't do much.

Tangled up in blue.

8 games in... on 22:51 - Sep 22 with 4632 views442Dale

8 games in... on 22:30 - Sep 22 by AtThePeake

4-4-2 alongside Hogan.

He didn't do much.

And when he came on at Burton, Donnelly remained the central striker with Bunney on the right and Done left in a 4-2-3.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

8 games in... on 22:52 - Sep 22 with 4627 viewsAtThePeake

8 games in... on 22:51 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

And when he came on at Burton, Donnelly remained the central striker with Bunney on the right and Done left in a 4-2-3.

I was going to say, I thought Bunney had been on the right at Burton but was wondering if it was just my memory playing tricks on me.

Tangled up in blue.

8 games in... on 23:49 - Sep 22 with 4559 viewsYorkshire_Dale

8 games in... on 22:03 - Sep 22 by Hopwoodblue

It's not good for any party ....this Tutte impasse business.

We need to get shut of him and import someone else or kiss and make up and give the lad a last chance?

Poll required?
8 games in... on 00:34 - Sep 23 with 4526 viewsheywooddale

8 games in... on 23:49 - Sep 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's not good for any party ....this Tutte impasse business.

We need to get shut of him and import someone else or kiss and make up and give the lad a last chance?

Poll required?

Don't know what is going on with Tutte, but Hilly seemed to make it fairly clear in his last interview that no one will be going out from the squad. which would suggest that Tutte is still involve.
8 games in... on 07:37 - Sep 23 with 4434 viewsaleanddale

Delighted with the start. 14 points from the opening 8 games an excellent return.

Now we have a 3 x game run - 2 at home where up to now we have looked strong and one of the most anticpated long away day to Pompey. Biggest away day since Southampton?.

Think we will know a lot more how the season will pan out come 5pm of the second home game v Newport.

Keep 11 on the pitch for the next 270 minutes and lets see where we are then.
8 games in... on 08:04 - Sep 23 with 4409 viewsdebbiesfella

8 games in... on 00:34 - Sep 23 by heywooddale

Don't know what is going on with Tutte, but Hilly seemed to make it fairly clear in his last interview that no one will be going out from the squad. which would suggest that Tutte is still involve.

Didn't Tutte play in a closed doors game last week and impress?
8 games in... on 08:46 - Sep 23 with 4368 viewsaleanddale

I think Tutte can still have a massive impact on this season.

I cant belive he signed up for 2 x years and then behaved like he did when subbed during the first half dozen games.

if he can buy into the team Rochdale ethos and see the bigger picture hopefully the penny will drop with him.

The choice is his. Hilly will not accept any disruption to what he wants to see from his squad of players.
8 games in... on 11:36 - Sep 23 with 4219 viewsAtThePeake

8 games in... on 08:46 - Sep 23 by aleanddale

I cant belive he signed up for 2 x years and then behaved like he did when subbed during the first half dozen games.

if he can buy into the team Rochdale ethos and see the bigger picture hopefully the penny will drop with him.

The choice is his. Hilly will not accept any disruption to what he wants to see from his squad of players.

I'm not so sure.

He's got a massive job on his hands to get back in the side now - I reckon Lund, Dicker, Cav and Hery are all above him in the pecking order, and I find it hard to see how he's going to dislodge any of them.

Tangled up in blue.

8 games in... on 18:27 - Sep 23 with 3978 viewsBigDaveMyCock

8 games in... on 08:46 - Sep 23 by aleanddale

The spitting his dummy out incident, for me, detracts from the real issue.

If he thinks he's out of the squad simply because of a 'personal thing' with the manager then that will be to his detriment, as that's not the real problem. The real problem for Tutte, although I doubt he acknowledges it, is that all those who play alongside and instead of him appear to be more effective than him. You can forgive him for not being as good as Lund but he should, at his age and with his pedigree, look better and/or more effective than Cav and BBM. After all, one is, despite doing superbly, an ex non-league full back and the other, as Hilly points out, is a coach not a player.

If Tutte was ripping it up on the pitch he'd be playing, dippy fit or no dippy fit.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024