Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? 18:41 - Oct 5 with 3610 viewsDylanP

Who would you say has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far?

Obviously, Dunne has a good shout. With him pairing up so well with Clint, the central defence is absolutely solid. Hard to argue with that.

Except that Austin has now scored 5 goals in 4 games. He has been handed a tough role alone up front and in really beginning to come into his own. Hard to argue with that.

Except that Kranj had a great debut and even though he didn't sound as clinical today, we have won both games with him in the side 2-0 (long may it continue). It seems like he was exactly the missing ingredient. Hard to argue with that.

Except that O'Neil should also get some credit for our improved midfield form. His work rate and ability has made a world of difference. Hard to argue with that.

Except that both Simpson and Assou-Ekkote have contributed going forward and in defence. Both have been great signings. Hard to argue with that.

Except that Carrol has come alive over the last couple of games and been class. Hard to argue with that.

Except that .... fcked if I know. For me its between Dunne, Austin, and Kranj (although it might be too soon to know for Nicky).

What do you think?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 774 viewsPommyhoop

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 10:25 - Oct 6 by JonDoeman

Not really his best signing is it, a player who only saw us as a shop window, and then got involved in a rape accusation so we couldn't sell him .
Austin is a better striker signing.

Thank f@ck H didnt get his first choice target Hooper eh? Fate moves in mysterious ways...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 11:20 - Oct 6 with 774 viewsWeaverQPR

Dunne is a fantastic signing,to think we spunked 12m (allegedly) on the that fat overweight clumsy oaf Samba when theres quality players like Dicky Dunne to be had on a freemans!

@WeavQPR

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 11:52 - Nov 14 with 705 viewsJonDoeman

Dontcha wish your Left back was B.A.E , dontcha dontcha...!!

Published: 14 Nov 2013 09:521 comment

ROYALS manager Nigel Adkins has described Wayne Bridge’s injury as a ‘big blow.’

Crocked: Wayne Bridge will be sidelined for several weeks after knee surgery.

Bridge succumbed to a persistent knee problem last week and was forced to have an operation. The ex-England left-back is set to miss at least two months of the season while he recovers.

Royals look weak in that area having released Nicky Shorey and Ian Harte in the summer, forcing Adkins to play Stephen Kelly out of position to fill the void.

Adkins admitted: “It’s a big blow. He’s a talented player. He’s been really good, we were really excited to get him in the summer.

“We’ve been managing him for the past few weeks but he’ll be out for a few more weeks now, we just needed to tidy things up a bit.”

It Is What It Is !!

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 12:10 - Nov 14 with 685 viewsTrom

I'm really liking how Simpson is linking up with Phillips down the wings in the last two games. Looks very pacey and threatening.

Also I saw a TV interview with Remy who certainly didn't rule out returning to the Rs at the end of the season and stated very clearly that he was our player.
Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 13:19 - Nov 14 with 639 viewsTW_R

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 19:07 - Oct 5 by QPR1882

Steve McClaren

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 13:43 - Nov 14 with 621 viewssimmo

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 11:08 - Oct 6 by daveB

Can't complain about any of the signings but for me Danny Simpson has been excellent, really impressed with him

This. Right back has been an issue for us for a while but Simpson is consistent, English, a good age and solid at supporting attacks as well as defending them. Been really pleased with him.

Dunne is probably the best, but in as much as we didnt know whether he would be a Park or a Nelsen type signing....

I am really unconvinced by Austin, I might get some stick and he could well prove me wrong but I have been really disappointed with his finishing. He seems to need 4-5 chances before scoring and although a lot of his shots are on target, they always seem to be at or near the keeper rather than in the corners. He gets a lot of slack because his work rate and attitude are exemplary, and I realy hope he turns into the 20 goal a season man we all expect, I just thought he would be deadlier than he has been currently. Fingers crossed the hiding we are due to give somebody means he gets a glut of goals and really pushes on. I am sure Phillips and Hoilett on the wings will give him what he needs in terms of supply.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 03:30 - Nov 15 with 558 viewsLoft1979

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 12:10 - Nov 14 by Trom

I'm really liking how Simpson is linking up with Phillips down the wings in the last two games. Looks very pacey and threatening.

Also I saw a TV interview with Remy who certainly didn't rule out returning to the Rs at the end of the season and stated very clearly that he was our player.

Harry has done really well. You cant argue with his bringing BAE, Dunne, KranK, Simpson, Phillips, O'Neill, and Austin. Also he did very well to re-integrate JB as well as Onuha who took over at CB last season. Also he brought Carroll and Townsend too.

Huge shout for Remy. In this case he lured a real jewel to QPR. I can only hope he has more such players on his shopping list.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2013 3:31]
Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 16:48 - Nov 15 with 471 viewsDylanP

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 03:30 - Nov 15 by Loft1979

Harry has done really well. You cant argue with his bringing BAE, Dunne, KranK, Simpson, Phillips, O'Neill, and Austin. Also he did very well to re-integrate JB as well as Onuha who took over at CB last season. Also he brought Carroll and Townsend too.

Huge shout for Remy. In this case he lured a real jewel to QPR. I can only hope he has more such players on his shopping list.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2013 3:31]

It is incredible how much better 'arry's signings have fared than Hughe's. By definition, every signing is a gamble. Theoretically, the more you play the less the gamble, but it is always some level of gamble. You just never know how much of the skills, abilities and so are part of a previous set-up or system and how much will transfer.

Having said that, on the whole, hardly any of Hughe's signings worked out. And conversely, on the whole, most of 'arry's signings have worked out. As you say, BAE, Dunne, Kranj, Simpson, Phillips, O'Neill, Carroll, and Austin have all played valuable roles and none of them have turned out to be useless (pretty low bar, admitedly).

Login to get fewer ads

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 17:05 - Nov 15 with 462 viewsWestbourneR

Simpson on a free was pretty decent - considering he's quite young as well.

Harry is very very good at buying players.

Whoever said McLaren is surely on the wind up by the way...

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 17:43 - Nov 15 with 451 viewsQPR1882

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 17:05 - Nov 15 by WestbourneR

Simpson on a free was pretty decent - considering he's quite young as well.

Harry is very very good at buying players.

Whoever said McLaren is surely on the wind up by the way...

was me that said SM was Harrys best signing was not a wide up and stick with him

With SM

played 9

for 10

against 2

points 21 points out of 27 points

without SM

played 6

for 7

against 6

points 9 points out of 18 points
Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 18:13 - Nov 15 with 438 viewsWestbourneR

Glad everybody is pro Austin as he works hard but I have to say I am the opposite about him overall - I think he is far too slow and when the goals aren't going in he looks our weakest player. I'm worried he isn't worth £4 million. I'd say Ings looks twice the player.

Hooper may not have got the goals at Norwich yet but he is a far better player too in my opinion.

When AJ came on vs Reading he showed Austin up a bit I thought. We looked so so much better.

I like Austin's attitude and he does a lot of donkey work but he has been far from clinical and is very very one paced.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 22:57 - Nov 15 with 393 viewsDylanP

Who has been 'arry's Best Signing So Far? on 18:13 - Nov 15 by WestbourneR

Glad everybody is pro Austin as he works hard but I have to say I am the opposite about him overall - I think he is far too slow and when the goals aren't going in he looks our weakest player. I'm worried he isn't worth £4 million. I'd say Ings looks twice the player.

Hooper may not have got the goals at Norwich yet but he is a far better player too in my opinion.

When AJ came on vs Reading he showed Austin up a bit I thought. We looked so so much better.

I like Austin's attitude and he does a lot of donkey work but he has been far from clinical and is very very one paced.

Its a game of opinions and it'd be boring if everyone agreed. However, I'm hardpressed to agree with your assessment of Austin. He is our leading goalscorer with 7. Our next highest goalscorer is Hill with 2. His job is to score goals and he has scored more than one third of the goals that we have scored as a team (7 of 17). You can't ask much more than that, especially when we are playing one up top, which is a system designed to get the attacking midfielders involved in the scoring.

When I was a kid there was another season ticketholder near us who would always give Clive Allen a hard time. I am talking about years when Allen was scoring for fun and still this bloke wasn't happy. When challenged, he would always say "Yes he scores a fair few, but look at all the times he misses. He only scores one in every 4 chances he gets." That was true. But he was still scoring 30 goals a season and was one of the top 5 strikers to play for QPR in the modern era. I always think of that bloke when I hear people criticizing a successful striker. Remember Andy Thompson. Even Olly would criticize him for doing nothing else beyond score goals. The thing is, a striker is there to score goals. If he is scoring goals, all the rest is kinda irrelevant.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024