Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palarse 17:28 - Nov 15 with 1792 viewsTheBlob

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2507923/Iain-Dowie-pole-positi

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Palarse on 17:35 - Nov 15 with 1774 viewsdaveB

bloody hell, that Derby points record is under threat
Palarse on 17:42 - Nov 15 with 1741 viewsSonofNorfolt

As it would be with a centre back pairing of Delaney and Gabbidon.
Palarse on 17:47 - Nov 15 with 1728 viewsNorthernr

My word.
Palarse on 17:50 - Nov 15 with 1721 viewsQPR1882

Dowie still remains the manager with the best win % we have ever had.
Palarse on 17:56 - Nov 15 with 1702 viewsFredManRave

Maybe it's a cunning plan and they're already planning for the Championship. He's certainly closer to a Championship level manager than he is a Premier League manager.

I'd like to see them go for Warnock just to see what he could achieve with the remainder of the season with that squad thus putting to rest once and for all the debate about if he could have kept us up.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Palarse on 18:02 - Nov 15 with 1679 viewsJamie

Palarse on 17:50 - Nov 15 by QPR1882

Dowie still remains the manager with the best win % we have ever had.

He was also in charge when we failed to register a shot on target against Alan Tate in the Swansea goal.
Palarse on 18:19 - Nov 15 with 1629 viewsbosh67

Palace are starting to make Hughes look good last season. 4 points after 12 games, result!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Palarse on 18:21 - Nov 15 with 1625 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well Dave Mc reckons he's a genius. We'll see if he gets the job.
Surprised Curbs isn't more in the frame - he's surely finished as a manager now?
Dan Petrescu is a bit pie in the sky i would've thought.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Palarse on 18:30 - Nov 15 with 1601 viewsQPR1882

Palarse on 18:02 - Nov 15 by Jamie

He was also in charge when we failed to register a shot on target against Alan Tate in the Swansea goal.

following season we lost 2-0 at swansea to the same team. It's was called tactics, not everyone could see that.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2013 21:15]
Palarse on 18:34 - Nov 15 with 1590 viewsBklynRanger

Petrescu seems to have done well in Romania and Russia. Maybe he wanted players brought in.

They may as well give the job to me - I'll take them down with a minimum of fuss and for half of what The Screaming Skull is asking.
Palarse on 19:01 - Nov 15 with 1516 viewsClint_Power

Not sure that Dowie deserves this kind of ridicule. He always seems to be judged on appearance and persona rather than his managerial ability. Did a great job with them last time before screwing up and joining Charlton. That aside, he's a lot clever than most give him credit for. Was screwed over by Flavio and co. despite a promising start with us, wasn't given much of a chance with Charlton either.

That said, Palace could appoint Ferguson, Mourinho or whoever and they'd still finish a comfortable 20th this season. It might be cynical, but they'd be much better not spending any money in January, keeping a long term manager, getting back up in a couple of years with parachute payments and doing it right that time.
Palarse on 19:12 - Nov 15 with 1496 viewsTacticalR

When Simon Jordan sued Dowie, Jordan's legal team obtained Dowie's computer and telephone records which proved that Dowie been lying about being in contact with Charlton before his departure from Palace.

Air hostess clique

Palarse on 19:58 - Nov 15 with 1415 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Palarse on 20:06 - Nov 15 with 1395 viewsOakR

Palarse on 19:01 - Nov 15 by Clint_Power

Not sure that Dowie deserves this kind of ridicule. He always seems to be judged on appearance and persona rather than his managerial ability. Did a great job with them last time before screwing up and joining Charlton. That aside, he's a lot clever than most give him credit for. Was screwed over by Flavio and co. despite a promising start with us, wasn't given much of a chance with Charlton either.

That said, Palace could appoint Ferguson, Mourinho or whoever and they'd still finish a comfortable 20th this season. It might be cynical, but they'd be much better not spending any money in January, keeping a long term manager, getting back up in a couple of years with parachute payments and doing it right that time.

+1

Poll: Will we stay up?

Palarse on 20:24 - Nov 15 with 1363 viewsQPR1882

+2
Palarse on 20:54 - Nov 15 with 1307 viewsBrianMcCarthy

+3

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Palarse on 21:09 - Nov 15 with 1275 viewsGloucs_R

Don't understand the negativity towards Dowie. He did well considering what was going on at the club and I personally feel he was treated unfairly. Will do well in the championship next season

Poll: Are we staying up?

Palarse on 22:44 - Nov 15 with 1148 viewsAntti_Heinola

Palarse on 20:06 - Nov 15 by OakR

+1

Got relegated with Palace when he really shouldn't have. Was poor at Charlton. Was dreadful at Cov. Was uninspiring for us and was always the wrong appointment.
I like Dowie a lot, I think he's a great guy, who speaks about the game well. But he's built a reputation on a season or two at Oldham and one good season with Palace. You can say that people judge him by his appearance, I'd say if he was a lower league player, he never would have got half those jobs.
Think he'd be better off sticking to TV and becoming a decent colour commentator.

Bare bones.

Palarse on 22:56 - Nov 15 with 1131 viewsQPR1882

Palarse on 22:44 - Nov 15 by Antti_Heinola

Got relegated with Palace when he really shouldn't have. Was poor at Charlton. Was dreadful at Cov. Was uninspiring for us and was always the wrong appointment.
I like Dowie a lot, I think he's a great guy, who speaks about the game well. But he's built a reputation on a season or two at Oldham and one good season with Palace. You can say that people judge him by his appearance, I'd say if he was a lower league player, he never would have got half those jobs.
Think he'd be better off sticking to TV and becoming a decent colour commentator.

On 21 December 2003, Dowie was appointed manager of Crystal Palace, inheriting a squad with low morale and occupying 19th place in Division One. However, under his leadership, the club went on an impressive run that included 17 wins from 23 games after he took over, until the end of the season, enabling the club to finish in sixth place in the First Division, just scraping into the play-off places. This feat was attributed to complete change in the atmosphere and training regime at the club, including a tougher disciplinary regime, introduced by Dowie.[5] After beating Sunderland in the semi-final, on a penalty shootout, the club beat Dowie's former club West Ham by a single goal in the Final for a place in the FA Premier League.

As i have already stated he has the BEST % win of ANY QPR manager EVER

Cant arguee re Addicts

won just as many games as he lost at Cov
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024