Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something else to be concerned about... 09:35 - Oct 9 with 21181 viewsperchrockjack

PLAYERS CROSSING THEMSELVES.
Is it because they re Catholics but then not all do it.
It seems like a fashion thing to me as the Brazilians,Argies,Italians,Spaniards all seem keen to cross themselves pick up some grass and kiss it.
Some cross themselves after the game but not all .
Ive noted Dyer doing it and other players who ve had crap games so it obviously doesn't work.
It might also be offensive to MUSLIMS

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:41 - Oct 16 with 1512 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:24 - Oct 16 by Catullus

Dead right Perch. People can't argue the point, or can't without hurling abuse.
If it's not sorted pretty soon this board will become a closed group of people who bask in the reflected glory of all those that agree with them. So about 7 people then.
Personally I've had enough of it. So I think I'll log off for good. No doubt someone will say good riddance to a boring c*nt. But it's the very fact these people are so boring that I'm going.
By the way, Warwickhunt, you are a first class one. I'm glad I don't actually know you.

*waves*

You don't know what you're missing. Your mate Perchie loves me and he's an excellent judge of character.

ps it's the f*cking internet, you daft tw@t.
Something else to be concerned about... on 19:44 - Oct 16 with 1508 viewsCountyJim

I make the sign of the cross before I start my shift and when I finish my shift its just our way of asking God to keep us safe during your shift/and thanking him for keeping me safe after I also do it before I eat go to bed and when I get up being a Catholic its a important to me and cant see why it would cause offence
Something else to be concerned about... on 19:57 - Oct 16 with 1494 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:44 - Oct 16 by CountyJim

I make the sign of the cross before I start my shift and when I finish my shift its just our way of asking God to keep us safe during your shift/and thanking him for keeping me safe after I also do it before I eat go to bed and when I get up being a Catholic its a important to me and cant see why it would cause offence

He's watching you Jim. For sure.
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:07 - Oct 16 with 1480 viewsCountyJim

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:57 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

He's watching you Jim. For sure.

Thats what I hope
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:15 - Oct 16 with 1475 viewswaynekerr55

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:41 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

*waves*

You don't know what you're missing. Your mate Perchie loves me and he's an excellent judge of character.

ps it's the f*cking internet, you daft tw@t.

How's that diplomacy course you enrolled on coming along Mr Hunt?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:16 - Oct 16 with 1474 viewswaynekerr55

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:07 - Oct 16 by CountyJim

Thats what I hope

I know people can't stop looking at your avatar

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:28 - Oct 16 with 1461 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:15 - Oct 16 by waynekerr55

How's that diplomacy course you enrolled on coming along Mr Hunt?

Passed with flying colours.
My diploma was signed by Dr. Mugabe himself.
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:32 - Oct 16 with 1453 viewswaynekerr55

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:28 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

Passed with flying colours.
My diploma was signed by Dr. Mugabe himself.

How many farms did you burn?

Login to get fewer ads

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:35 - Oct 16 with 1450 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:32 - Oct 16 by waynekerr55

How many farms did you burn?

Correspondence course. F*cked up a couple of post offices though.
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:39 - Oct 16 with 1444 viewswaynekerr55

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:35 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

Correspondence course. F*cked up a couple of post offices though.

Something else to be concerned about... on 21:57 - Oct 16 with 1418 viewsVetchitBack

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:40 - Oct 13 by swanjackal

Surely it is up for the person making the claim of the supernatural to provide the evidence. The burden of proof is on the believer to present a coherent argument with said evidence. I personally would love someone to present evidence of an afterlife/supernatural occurrence that hasn't already been dismantled piece by piece previously. So in fact mockery is possible, as current evidence for said afterlife/supernatural is nil, then unless new evidence is submitted, mockery is in fact a valid stand point. Fair enough it may be a dick thing to do, but considering the lack of evidence, it is a correct stand point.

What a deeply unpleasant post. Reeks of totalitarian cockiness.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:02 - Oct 16 with 1407 viewsswanjackal

Something else to be concerned about... on 21:57 - Oct 16 by VetchitBack

What a deeply unpleasant post. Reeks of totalitarian cockiness.

Why is it unpleasant? Can you please explain how it aligns with both totalitarianism and cockiness?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:29 - Oct 16 with 1397 viewsVetchitBack

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:02 - Oct 16 by swanjackal

Why is it unpleasant? Can you please explain how it aligns with both totalitarianism and cockiness?

Mocking those with a different viewpoint is unpleasant. It is also common in many totalitarian regimes. Usually the precursor to something much worse. Being so sure you're right you're willing mock others is cocky.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:53 - Oct 16 with 1386 viewsDavillin

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:29 - Oct 16 by VetchitBack

Mocking those with a different viewpoint is unpleasant. It is also common in many totalitarian regimes. Usually the precursor to something much worse. Being so sure you're right you're willing mock others is cocky.

We very much need a "smiley" for [bangs head against wall].

This, unfortunately, will have to do:

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Something else to be concerned about... on 00:10 - Oct 17 with 1370 viewsswanjackal

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:29 - Oct 16 by VetchitBack

Okay,so we agree that mocking a person's viewpoint is unpleasant (hence the being a dick statement), but does unpleasant mean that stance is incorrect?

The second statement on totalitarianism is also misleading. It is very common for the oppressed/underdog to resort to mockery of a totalitarian regime to pass out a message (opponents to sharia law, activists against anti blasphemy laws in Malaysia,homosexuals in certain African countries mocking the anti homosexuality laws etc.....I could go on). So as you can see the argument you have for the post showing a view of possible totalitarianism, can also be used as a counter argument against.

Cockiness, well being sure in the face of no evidence again may be linked with the first part of this reply (could be seen as a dick thing). If we move to a less emotive topic, santa, if someomeone still believed at 40 that santa is real, then publically stated so, and met mockeryfor it, would those who mock be wrong? They may be heartless and cruel but their cockiness would be merited as they are confident enough in their answer, a dick thing to do but this has no effect of the correctness of the statements made. l,
[Post edited 17 Oct 2013 0:18]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Something else to be concerned about... on 00:24 - Oct 17 with 1359 viewsswanjackal

Something else to be concerned about... on 22:53 - Oct 16 by Davillin

We very much need a "smiley" for [bangs head against wall].

This, unfortunately, will have to do:

So religion and god are in the non mockery tray, but those with alternating viewpoints are fair game. Interesting.

Something else to be concerned about... on 00:55 - Oct 17 with 1352 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:17 - Oct 16 by Spratty

I think you will find this is not the case. Is that the extent of the formal response by the website then?

You may wish to note that I only referred to the poster (not posters) as young because "shingle" had already referred to himself in that precise manner after previously abusing me and now starting to make serious and wildly false accusations. Subsequently repeated and repeated to no response by the website.

I used the image of the Tonka toy to try and diffuse the situation with light humour to show the disparity between his claim to be 12 and his last thread which offered "Two spaces available in my car for this game". I also remember posts on the previous website by "shingle" to another id (because they were repeated and repeated and particularly nasty in nature) which were at odds with his claim to be 12 (as to me were the content of his posts). Are you saying this justified the proceeding and following repeated serious abuse?

I would also welcome confirmation that this website uses the facilities at its disposal to as far as possible prevent contributors holding duplicate ids and that it does not use this itself as a mechanism in posting on the website for example to create hits.

Any chance of an answer to the 1st and 2nd and 3rd paragraphs please. I have received no response to my serious complaint of abuse yet - logged on to check messages.

The post I reported as abuse is still there. The one shaky reported has been removed as for some reason has shaky's post detailing the complaint (referred to wild claims of child sex offences as I recall). I was also surprised to see shaky seemingly being berated by a mod in another thread for complaining. Put up or shut up is it?

I assume there is an audit trail of the deleted posts?

Thanks
Something else to be concerned about... on 01:50 - Oct 17 with 1342 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:16 - Oct 16 by buzzbox

To be honest i`ve been reading this new forum and the old one for quite a while, being a season ticket holder Jack Army member blah blah but this is the thread that got me to take the plunge and register, it has to be up there with the best and the tiresome Spratty has for once played his part, despite being wound up by a guy who was playing him along all the time he hung in there until he could give no more, a boring intelligent well spoken chap but not an ounce of street sense bless him.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2013 19:17]

Didn't you in your 1st post refer to "shingle" as a young lad now he's a guy interesting.

Thanks for your kind words. I referred to misconceptions in my previous reply. I am afraid you have a few things wrong there but as long as you are not looking to make a career in psychological profiling you should be fine.

I don't find accusations of child sex abuse very witty (perhaps that's just me) nor do I recall that as being street. In fact in the streets I am familiar with such comments would get a very different reaction so I fear for "shingle" if he tries his own special brand of humour on the street. Hopefully for him he is just a keyboard warrior.

However he needs also to be aware of the potential repercussions to repeated and serious libel / gross offence.
Something else to be concerned about... on 07:56 - Oct 17 with 1322 viewsPhil_S

Something else to be concerned about... on 00:55 - Oct 17 by Spratty

Any chance of an answer to the 1st and 2nd and 3rd paragraphs please. I have received no response to my serious complaint of abuse yet - logged on to check messages.

The post I reported as abuse is still there. The one shaky reported has been removed as for some reason has shaky's post detailing the complaint (referred to wild claims of child sex offences as I recall). I was also surprised to see shaky seemingly being berated by a mod in another thread for complaining. Put up or shut up is it?

I assume there is an audit trail of the deleted posts?

Thanks

What complaint of serious abuse?
Something else to be concerned about... on 08:41 - Oct 17 with 1302 viewsNeath_Jack

Something else to be concerned about... on 07:56 - Oct 17 by Phil_S

What complaint of serious abuse?

You know full well what the bloke is on about? You're going to focus on his wording of "serious complaint" rather than the report which he is obviously referring to. Shambles of a site.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Something else to be concerned about... on 08:57 - Oct 17 with 1293 viewsDarran

Something else to be concerned about... on 08:41 - Oct 17 by Neath_Jack

You know full well what the bloke is on about? You're going to focus on his wording of "serious complaint" rather than the report which he is obviously referring to. Shambles of a site.

Well I've got no idea what it is either,any chance of pointing me in the direction of it so I can have a look?
That's a serious post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:04 - Oct 17 with 1280 viewsPhil_S

Something else to be concerned about... on 08:41 - Oct 17 by Neath_Jack

No I have no idea what the bloke is on about?

On the basis that I have not received a complaint (i.e. report) I have no idea hence why I asked the question.

If the guy would like to PM me the complaint/report/post he is referring to I can look into it - by serious complaint he clearly means report but I have no report to look into.
Something else to be concerned about... on 09:05 - Oct 17 with 1276 viewsNeath_Jack

Something else to be concerned about... on 08:57 - Oct 17 by Darran

Well I've got no idea what it is either,any chance of pointing me in the direction of it so I can have a look?
That's a serious post.

No idea either, just fancied an argument whilst i was waiting for someone to arrive.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:07 - Oct 17 with 1273 viewsPhil_S

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:05 - Oct 17 by Neath_Jack

No idea either, just fancied an argument whilst i was waiting for someone to arrive.

Christ hope they get a better end of your mood when they do turn up
Something else to be concerned about... on 09:13 - Oct 17 with 1266 viewsDarran

Something else to be concerned about... on 09:05 - Oct 17 by Neath_Jack

Piss off J.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024