Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something else to be concerned about... 09:35 - Oct 9 with 20879 viewsperchrockjack

PLAYERS CROSSING THEMSELVES.
Is it because they re Catholics but then not all do it.
It seems like a fashion thing to me as the Brazilians,Argies,Italians,Spaniards all seem keen to cross themselves pick up some grass and kiss it.
Some cross themselves after the game but not all .
Ive noted Dyer doing it and other players who ve had crap games so it obviously doesn't work.
It might also be offensive to MUSLIMS

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:05 - Oct 12 with 1972 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:35 - Oct 12 by shingle

Mate, you are going to die, you will then be put in the ground or burned to a cinder, you will be dead and will know nothing, you are not going to float off to a better place etc, enjoy life and stop wasting your time trying to rationalize believing such absolute Rubbish, man up and accept reality, anyway if this creator did exsist just think of all the terrible things it has created, you had better hope that the creator is not up there waiting to get it`s hands on you.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 11:36]

"My words but a whisper your deafness a SHOUT"

Thanks for the reassurance but where did I ever say I had any religious belief? I just think using one flawed belief system (science) to rubbish another flawed belief system (religion) is a bit of a laughable paradox.

Whatever happens happens but don't limit our horizons with dogma. One thing history has taught us is there is so much we do not know. Fire or space travel are not impossible or magic they would have just seemed that way to our less developed selves. It is unlikely that such progression will not continue.

Just chill and enjoy the ride.
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:22 - Oct 12 with 1944 viewsWarwickHunt

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:02 - Oct 12 by KingBony

You're the dopey Cu#t

Good comeback.
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:34 - Oct 12 with 1919 viewsCaptain_Sham

At least some of the footballers I have seen pointing at the sky after scoring have been doing it in tribute to recently lost family members. There may or may not be a god, their loved ones may or may not be able to hear them. When we leave flowers on the graves of deceased loved ones they may or may not know that we are still thinking about them.
The fact is humans are still sentimental creatures, and if science stripped us of this completely, it would be a great shame.

Its just a ride.

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:36 - Oct 12 with 1912 viewsKingBony

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:22 - Oct 12 by WarwickHunt

Good comeback.

Thanks

Actually I'd like to apologise.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Something else to be concerned about... on 02:50 - Oct 13 with 1865 viewsDavillin

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:35 - Oct 12 by shingle

Mate, you are going to die, you will then be put in the ground or burned to a cinder, you will be dead and will know nothing, you are not going to float off to a better place etc, enjoy life and stop wasting your time trying to rationalize believing such absolute Rubbish, man up and accept reality, anyway if this creator did exsist just think of all the terrible things it has created, you had better hope that the creator is not up there waiting to get it`s hands on you.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 11:36]

My remark below is NOT an argument, but a pure question

How do you know all that?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:57 - Oct 13 with 1833 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 02:50 - Oct 13 by Davillin

My remark below is NOT an argument, but a pure question

How do you know all that?

Well every one who has died have been buried or burned, no evidence of life after death whatsoever and no evidence of heaven etc, also before you come up with the but how do i know stuff it`s all about logical and realistic thinking , me telling you that there is a god up there in the shape or a teapot is just as ridiculous as you or any other person telling me that there is a whatever kind of God you fancy following up there, both comments are as daft as the other.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 10:58]
Something else to be concerned about... on 11:08 - Oct 13 with 1823 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:05 - Oct 12 by Spratty

"My words but a whisper your deafness a SHOUT"

Thanks for the reassurance but where did I ever say I had any religious belief? I just think using one flawed belief system (science) to rubbish another flawed belief system (religion) is a bit of a laughable paradox.

Whatever happens happens but don't limit our horizons with dogma. One thing history has taught us is there is so much we do not know. Fire or space travel are not impossible or magic they would have just seemed that way to our less developed selves. It is unlikely that such progression will not continue.

Just chill and enjoy the ride.

You are completely missing the point, Science is not perfect and is flawed but it is also giving us countless wonderful things as well as medical science making our way of life so much better, and there is no doubt about the hard evidence we have, so you really need to stop comparing science with religion one has plenty of evidence in what it does for all to see, and one is a myth with no evidence whatsoever. ps i`m totally chilled by the way.
Something else to be concerned about... on 11:12 - Oct 13 with 1817 viewsCatullus

There are many scientists who also believe in god. They believe that science proves there is something to look forward too.
While personally, I am dubious, given the amount of cr*p there is in this world, I cannot write it off completely.
My problem with religion is not that there is definitely not a god. My problem is that organised religion has been used to gain power and wealth, to subjugate and terrify the masses. At various points in our history, religion has been responsible for some terrible evils and all in the name of god. Most religions have been persecuted by another religion at some point.
I just choose to try and be a good person, help my friends and neighbours out when I can and lead a law abiding life. Then whatever happens when my time is up, will just happen, for better or for worse.
Of course being human and being flawed, I do sometimes slip off that path!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:19 - Oct 13 with 1809 viewsCaptain_Sham

Something else to be concerned about... on 10:57 - Oct 13 by shingle

Well every one who has died have been buried or burned, no evidence of life after death whatsoever and no evidence of heaven etc, also before you come up with the but how do i know stuff it`s all about logical and realistic thinking , me telling you that there is a god up there in the shape or a teapot is just as ridiculous as you or any other person telling me that there is a whatever kind of God you fancy following up there, both comments are as daft as the other.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 10:58]

Why do we bother giving people funerals and memorials then ? I mean if it all really is that bleak, why dont they just make us all into dog food?

Its just a ride.

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:24 - Oct 13 with 1802 viewsCaptain_Sham

And in its most basic form, god is a set of rules, the ten commandments maybe. Why people have to hide behind 'the man in the sky ' model for god, when there are many people for whom god is a philosophical construct. A way of life rather than an entity.

Its just a ride.

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:26 - Oct 13 with 1792 viewsNOTRAC

If they did that we would all end up barking mad!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:30 - Oct 13 with 1769 viewsCaptain_Sham

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:26 - Oct 13 by NOTRAC

If they did that we would all end up barking mad!

I'm of the opinion that we may be too late to prevent that from happening. Its seems like folly to place so much faith in what amounts to nihilism.
I guess a nihilistic view is a good excuse to be hedonistic. This takes us further away from the basic tenets of most religions. I wonder if there is so much rabidity towrds religion these days because it asks us to be selfless?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 11:38]

Its just a ride.

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:57 - Oct 13 with 1739 viewsCatullus

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:30 - Oct 13 by Captain_Sham

I'm of the opinion that we may be too late to prevent that from happening. Its seems like folly to place so much faith in what amounts to nihilism.
I guess a nihilistic view is a good excuse to be hedonistic. This takes us further away from the basic tenets of most religions. I wonder if there is so much rabidity towrds religion these days because it asks us to be selfless?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 11:38]

Very good point Sham. Far too many people these days are only concerned with themselves. Greed and selfishness are rife.
How many of us know a truly selfless person?

And having asked the question, I actually know two!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:26 - Oct 13 with 1727 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:19 - Oct 13 by Captain_Sham

Why do we bother giving people funerals and memorials then ? I mean if it all really is that bleak, why dont they just make us all into dog food?

Funerals are a facade for the bereaved, a good send off for there dead friends or relatives, a celebration of there lives so to speak.
Something else to be concerned about... on 12:45 - Oct 13 with 1719 viewsCaptain_Sham

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:26 - Oct 13 by shingle

Funerals are a facade for the bereaved, a good send off for there dead friends or relatives, a celebration of there lives so to speak.

But why bother celebrating them, this is all meaningless, isn't it?

Its just a ride.

Something else to be concerned about... on 15:06 - Oct 13 with 1687 viewsperchrockjack

Funerals are for the comfort of the bereaved .
If people believe their soul goes to heaven then that is good for them as it ll give comfort and in some way I wish I could accept what I was taught ,ie LIving Christ who dies for our sins. Believe and Ye shall be saved.

I think that CAPT and I are as one on this subject anyway.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:39 - Oct 13 with 1669 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 11:08 - Oct 13 by shingle

You are completely missing the point, Science is not perfect and is flawed but it is also giving us countless wonderful things as well as medical science making our way of life so much better, and there is no doubt about the hard evidence we have, so you really need to stop comparing science with religion one has plenty of evidence in what it does for all to see, and one is a myth with no evidence whatsoever. ps i`m totally chilled by the way.

Think if you were really chilled you would not feel the need to tell people what they should believe or compare. Your point I replied to was quite clear

"Anyone who follows any religion are not the most logical of thinkers really are they, wasting there time believing such rubbish, when they should man up accept what science is telling them"

1. Belittling peoples religious belief as rubbish and suggesting they are logically impaired when you have no logical ability to disprove the existence of another plane (if you look at many scientific theories in Physics they actually support this idea).
and
2. They should man up and accept what science is telling them (even though you admit it is flawed).

Religion is certainly no myth (a trip to the Vatican should tell you that). You might opine that religious beliefs are mythical but you have no evidence to disprove all religious belief so to call it myth can be nothing but a belief.

There are indeed many comparisons, both of these belief systems have done great good and been the basis for great evil (neither of which are mythical)

Consider for example the father of the Atomic Bomb and how the monster he created haunted him
"Now I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer
Something else to be concerned about... on 18:59 - Oct 13 with 1663 viewsGlyn1

Jack died and went to Heaven, and the first thing he did was to get St Peter to take him to a football match. As luck would have it, Heaven were having a practice training session to get ready for their match against the Hell 11.

All the greats were there, Bobby Moore, Puskas, John Charles etc. but the player who really caught his eye was a young bearded man on the wing who was doing amazing tricks with the ball. Jack didn't recognize him so turned to St Peter and asked who he was. "Oh that's Jesus Christ," said St Peter, "the only problem with him is that he thinks he's Gareth Bale".

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:17 - Oct 13 with 1653 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 18:39 - Oct 13 by Spratty

Think if you were really chilled you would not feel the need to tell people what they should believe or compare. Your point I replied to was quite clear

"Anyone who follows any religion are not the most logical of thinkers really are they, wasting there time believing such rubbish, when they should man up accept what science is telling them"

1. Belittling peoples religious belief as rubbish and suggesting they are logically impaired when you have no logical ability to disprove the existence of another plane (if you look at many scientific theories in Physics they actually support this idea).
and
2. They should man up and accept what science is telling them (even though you admit it is flawed).

Religion is certainly no myth (a trip to the Vatican should tell you that). You might opine that religious beliefs are mythical but you have no evidence to disprove all religious belief so to call it myth can be nothing but a belief.

There are indeed many comparisons, both of these belief systems have done great good and been the basis for great evil (neither of which are mythical)

Consider for example the father of the Atomic Bomb and how the monster he created haunted him
"Now I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer

Pal you are totally and utterly off your rocker, chill out put on the Jim Jeffries video that one of the lads has posted and try and stop trying to convince yourself you are off somewhere else when you die then you need to think about all the pain, suffering, murder etc that is going on because of religion, and actually i have been to the Vatican did nothing for me what so ever, it is a great money making ploy tho.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 19:19]
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:07 - Oct 13 with 1618 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 19:17 - Oct 13 by shingle

Pal you are totally and utterly off your rocker, chill out put on the Jim Jeffries video that one of the lads has posted and try and stop trying to convince yourself you are off somewhere else when you die then you need to think about all the pain, suffering, murder etc that is going on because of religion, and actually i have been to the Vatican did nothing for me what so ever, it is a great money making ploy tho.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 19:19]

It did exist though so religion is not just a myth

I repeat when did I ever say I had any religious belief. Probably best described as Agnostic if it helps you to classify people.

I do however strongly believe you should not mock the beliefs of others most especially when you have no proof to back up your insults.

I will pass on the video, I did listen to quite a bit of it when it was posted but found it a bit predictable, thanks for thinking of me though
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:10 - Oct 13 with 1617 viewsVetchitBack

It is interesting to note that many modern professional atheists bear all the hallmarks of the old hectoring religious types they claim to despise.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:16 - Oct 13 with 1609 viewsexiledclaseboy

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:10 - Oct 13 by VetchitBack

It is interesting to note that many modern professional atheists bear all the hallmarks of the old hectoring religious types they claim to despise.

I agree completely. Dawkins being a prime example of that.

Poll: Tory leader

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:20 - Oct 13 with 1599 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 12:45 - Oct 13 by Captain_Sham

But why bother celebrating them, this is all meaningless, isn't it?

Why is life meaningless, your the one out of billions of little sperms that got through, you are indeed privileged and lucky to experience life and have a break from non existence
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:27 - Oct 13 with 1586 viewsshingle

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:07 - Oct 13 by Spratty

It did exist though so religion is not just a myth

I repeat when did I ever say I had any religious belief. Probably best described as Agnostic if it helps you to classify people.

I do however strongly believe you should not mock the beliefs of others most especially when you have no proof to back up your insults.

I will pass on the video, I did listen to quite a bit of it when it was posted but found it a bit predictable, thanks for thinking of me though

So i take it that because i believe that my god is a teapot as i stated in a previous post that this teapot god of mine could be true because you can not prove that it`s not true.
Something else to be concerned about... on 20:28 - Oct 13 with 1578 viewsSpratty

Something else to be concerned about... on 20:20 - Oct 13 by shingle

Why is life meaningless, your the one out of billions of little sperms that got through, you are indeed privileged and lucky to experience life and have a break from non existence

we are stardust, we are golden.........

Posit: Shingle is a closet believer

Proof: you cannot take a break if you don't exist
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024