Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking bony in 15:46 - Nov 4 with 17429 viewsGeoffThom

Read on a news now site that laudrup is slowly breaking bony in to get him used to prem football as the Dutch leauge is not very good so he has to slowly try and get him used to our leauge so we won't see that much of him .
HIS HE HAVING A FRIGGIN LAUGH AT THAT PRICE HE BETTER BE UP TO SPEED AND PLAY MORE ITS A JOKE WE CANT WAIT
Breaking bony in on 19:32 - Nov 4 with 1869 viewsGeoffThom

Breaking bony in on 19:27 - Nov 4 by wr72

'At the moment' you say.You'll get there,Geoff.

This is were people get me wrong I don't want the boy to fail ,I want him to bang in loads of goals become a cult hero and legend but sometimes you got to look at the big picture and it isn't happening for him or me
Breaking bony in on 20:44 - Nov 4 with 1817 viewswaynekerr55

Breaking bony in on 18:29 - Nov 4 by GeoffThom

Let me know when he's scored 20+ in the league

name me a 12 million striker whose scored 20+goals in the prem

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Breaking bony in on 21:01 - Nov 4 with 1796 viewsGeoffThom

Breaking bony in on 20:44 - Nov 4 by waynekerr55

name me a 12 million striker whose scored 20+goals in the prem

But what's price go to do with it as everyone keeps saying
Breaking bony in on 21:09 - Nov 4 with 1781 viewsMolliemick

Breaking bony in on 16:11 - Nov 4 by GeoffThom

Weather you like it or not this guy has so far been a complete waste of space and no hoping or wishing by you or anyone will detract from the fact he's piss poor overall at the moment and having a manager say oh he will have to be broken in slowly will detract from this fact it's November when does he think he'll be up to speed APRIL?

Irrespective of how much Bony cost, the fact remains that he is, currently, dreadful. He is permanently facing his own goal and therefore has no hope of turning a defender and moving forward with the ball; all he is able to do is lay it off to an (opposition) player. His first touch is abysmal, his movement is pedestrian, his body language reflects his lack of belief in his own abilities. Apart from his goal against Man Utd he has missed several chances which any competent striker would have converted. It is little wonder that Laudrup seems disappointed in him. Many supporters are, the more so following the hyoe about him being the next Drogba!
Breaking bony in on 21:49 - Nov 4 with 1759 viewswaynekerr55

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne "I'm out"

Breaking bony in on 23:23 - Nov 4 with 1736 viewsDaithejack

Breaking bony in on 21:09 - Nov 4 by Molliemick

Irrespective of how much Bony cost, the fact remains that he is, currently, dreadful. He is permanently facing his own goal and therefore has no hope of turning a defender and moving forward with the ball; all he is able to do is lay it off to an (opposition) player. His first touch is abysmal, his movement is pedestrian, his body language reflects his lack of belief in his own abilities. Apart from his goal against Man Utd he has missed several chances which any competent striker would have converted. It is little wonder that Laudrup seems disappointed in him. Many supporters are, the more so following the hyoe about him being the next Drogba!

He's permanently facing his own goal because our build up play is so F#%king slow his dreds are going grey waiting for a chance and theres not much chance of him running onto a cross the way our wingers play is there. F#%k me we could have Messi up front at the moment and he'd look s#%t the way we've played lately. How Bonys getting any stick after the way the rest of the team played yesterday beggars belief he probably caused them more problems in the few minutes he was on than the rest of the team did in the whole game. Give the boy a break mun!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Breaking bony in on 23:33 - Nov 4 with 1728 viewsmawdlamjack

Breaking bony in on 23:23 - Nov 4 by Daithejack

He's permanently facing his own goal because our build up play is so F#%king slow his dreds are going grey waiting for a chance and theres not much chance of him running onto a cross the way our wingers play is there. F#%k me we could have Messi up front at the moment and he'd look s#%t the way we've played lately. How Bonys getting any stick after the way the rest of the team played yesterday beggars belief he probably caused them more problems in the few minutes he was on than the rest of the team did in the whole game. Give the boy a break mun!

this.
open your eyes mun, he's doing ok. being left on the bench aint helping, he needs game time.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Breaking bony in (n/t) on 01:32 - Nov 5 with 1704 viewssnork44

Breaking bony in on 16:04 - Nov 4 by pierre91

...spot on. We are NOT Citeh, ManUre, Chelski ore several others, all of whom can spunk £12 on a player in order that he get's splinters in his arse.

He MUST play. Every week. When he's injured, play Vasquez.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Login to get fewer ads

Breaking bony in on 12:40 - Nov 6 with 1634 viewsBLAZE

He's not a feckin' cricket bat, he doesn't need breaking in. Just play him.... Even if he's having a dreadful game, surely we can all agree we look even worse when he isn't playing? For what they're worth, the stats unequivocally back that up too
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 12:45]
Breaking bony in on 12:46 - Nov 6 with 1617 viewsperchrockjack

If he starts LAUDRUP subs him. If he doesn't he only comes on 25 mins from the end;that s why the price is mentioned as to have that amount of investment clearly not utilised is of concern-but not to all though . Maybe its because of the "problem" that is Michu

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Breaking bony in on 13:17 - Nov 6 with 1582 viewsDewi1jack

There's some good points made here by all on either side of the argument about Will.
Really have to forget about the price. We've spent it, it's gone.
We either recoup that and a shed full more when we sell, or we lose it or break even.
Even Messi can't score when he's sitting on the bench. Saying that, at this moment in time our build up play, or play in general, would make Messi, Ronaldo and a few others look pretty cr@p at the mo.
Something far more worrying about the team is wrong at the mo. Personally I can't put my finger on what, but it appears to me that quite a few of our players are believing they've made it (PL, EL) and don't have to try.
Or as someone else put it, there's not one set of bollox between the lot. There doesn't seem to be any passion, pride or effort and that has seemed the case since before the lack lustre effort against our red cousins.
Let's try not to make 1 player into the "escaped goat" when it appears to me to be the majority of the so called 1st team.
Keep Ash and Leon playing. Start with Will and all the other squad players making the numbers up with the U21 team if necessary. Give the whole team a good boot up the ass.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Breaking bony in on 14:04 - Nov 6 with 1549 viewsSenhin

Oh ffs...

He's cost us a lot less than most strikers would have with him being eager and down to earth, not on ridiculous wages and leaving our structure in tact where we'll keep making profits. We had the 12m in the back, and could afford to spend it, so get over it. A 8m striker could easily have cost us more in the long run.

And all that aside, he's f*cking scoring and not playing badly... All with no pre season, a big jump in opposition standard, and not all that many matches.

He is currently doing fine. Give him a while and he'll be doing great.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Breaking bony in on 14:25 - Nov 6 with 1525 viewsMagic_Michu

I also think that Michu is our problem at the moment, not Bony.

Why aren't people having a massive go at Michu? He's scored the same number of goals in the league as him.

Michu currently looks like he's sulking while playing most of the time... he's playing far too deep meaning that Bony is always isolated. Michu needs to be far closer to Wilfried and even running beyond him at times. As soon as Michu starts doing that I think we'll see the best from both of them.

Get the ball to Bony's feet in the box and he'll cause serious damage... unfortunately at the moment, Bony receives the ball hoofed up to him with his back to goal with numerous defenders all over him.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Breaking bony in on 14:32 - Nov 6 with 1515 viewsperchrockjack

He s probably doing so out of frustration and agree he s sulking in the best possible way whereas some clearly aren't that bothered.
I d like to see Bony getting stuck into Michu instead of shrugging his shoulders.
Michu is clearly bonkers but he remains our main threat .I mean look at around his team mates and they don't scream goals at you.
If he is a problem then we really do have problems but he does need to get a grip on n his emotions as I am of the opinion he is the most frustrated of all at the way we are playing.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Breaking bony in on 15:04 - Nov 6 with 1490 viewswaynekerr55

Breaking bony in on 14:32 - Nov 6 by perchrockjack

He s probably doing so out of frustration and agree he s sulking in the best possible way whereas some clearly aren't that bothered.
I d like to see Bony getting stuck into Michu instead of shrugging his shoulders.
Michu is clearly bonkers but he remains our main threat .I mean look at around his team mates and they don't scream goals at you.
If he is a problem then we really do have problems but he does need to get a grip on n his emotions as I am of the opinion he is the most frustrated of all at the way we are playing.

He's a waste of money apparently...

Breaking bony in on 15:11 - Nov 6 with 1483 viewsymaohyd

In our two seasons so far in the Prem we have stayed up with relative ease because of our strength in knowing our style of play and executing that game plan, in the main superbly well, i.e. possession football, starving the opposition of the ball and having centre forwards (DG and Michu) who during the first two seasons have had a healthy return of goals, with a decent input of goals from midfield.

I have sympathy with Bony as he hasn't had decent service, however what we can't afford to do is start playing around with our style of play to accommodate him, regardless of how much he cost.

If we go down the road of a piecemeal approach to playing a bit of possession football, mixed in with trying to be more direct it will be a long hard season.

Stick to what we are all about and in future make sure due diligence is used when spending millions of pounds on potential new players.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Breaking bony in on 15:18 - Nov 6 with 1466 viewsDr_Winston

Breaking bony in on 15:11 - Nov 6 by ymaohyd

In our two seasons so far in the Prem we have stayed up with relative ease because of our strength in knowing our style of play and executing that game plan, in the main superbly well, i.e. possession football, starving the opposition of the ball and having centre forwards (DG and Michu) who during the first two seasons have had a healthy return of goals, with a decent input of goals from midfield.

I have sympathy with Bony as he hasn't had decent service, however what we can't afford to do is start playing around with our style of play to accommodate him, regardless of how much he cost.

If we go down the road of a piecemeal approach to playing a bit of possession football, mixed in with trying to be more direct it will be a long hard season.

Stick to what we are all about and in future make sure due diligence is used when spending millions of pounds on potential new players.

Our style of play hasn't been the same since we got to the Prem. We played differently under Laudrup than we did under Rodgers, and differently now under Laudrup than we did when he started.

We don't need to rewrite our style to get the best out of Bony. A little tweak would do, and probably give the oppo something else to think about.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Breaking bony in on 15:30 - Nov 6 with 1454 viewsymaohyd

Breaking bony in on 15:18 - Nov 6 by Dr_Winston

Our style of play hasn't been the same since we got to the Prem. We played differently under Laudrup than we did under Rodgers, and differently now under Laudrup than we did when he started.

We don't need to rewrite our style to get the best out of Bony. A little tweak would do, and probably give the oppo something else to think about.

We've still played possession football though. I watched a bit of the play off final again last night and in the build up Leon spoke about Roberto's influence and the aim of achieving 60% possession. To achieve that we have had players who are very comfortable on the ball with a very high successful passing ration (which stats have backed up in the past few years, I think Mark Gower had one of the highest passing success rates in Europe at one point)!

I agree we have played a bit differently under Rodgers and Laudrup. Laudrup certainly plays narrower with the wingers coming in. Styles of play evolve and yes that keeps the opposition guessing. But lets not have change for change sake. We must have (and develop) players who fit into the system. Leon went to Sheff Utd and looked average, he comes back to us and he's one of the Prem's top midfielders.

I don't want to join in the anti Shelvey sentiments, however he must learn our style of play. So far he has cost us a few goals because he hasn't had the ability to keep possession.

Breaking bony in on 15:53 - Nov 6 with 1439 viewsDr_Winston

We don't have to stop playing possession football to suit Bony. He'd probably prefer not having the ball knocked up to him. We do however need to give him something to attack rather than lay off. That means wingers occasionally hitting the byeline, or passes bisecting the defensive line. None of which we've done much of this season.

Shelvey would be much better suited as a hard charging ball carrier than a playmaker based on what I've seen of him so far.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Breaking bony in on 16:38 - Nov 6 with 1415 viewsmonmouth

Breaking bony in on 15:53 - Nov 6 by Dr_Winston

We don't have to stop playing possession football to suit Bony. He'd probably prefer not having the ball knocked up to him. We do however need to give him something to attack rather than lay off. That means wingers occasionally hitting the byeline, or passes bisecting the defensive line. None of which we've done much of this season.

Shelvey would be much better suited as a hard charging ball carrier than a playmaker based on what I've seen of him so far.

If we created half of what we created for DG for Bony I reckon we'd see some serious fireworks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Breaking bony in on 16:46 - Nov 6 with 1405 viewssammylee3

Breaking bony in on 16:38 - Nov 6 by monmouth

If we created half of what we created for DG for Bony I reckon we'd see some serious fireworks.

ffs he has scored 6 in 11 games for us league and cup etc. He has played for the Ivory Coast 5 times and scored 4 in 2013.

We have a system that he is not used to playing in, the manager is struggling to incorporate him in the team.. His problem is his mobility is not that great but we need a player that can do it all lol. There are not to many Suarez's about. Give him and Laudrup time.

The manager again is unsure of his best 11, he's brought too many in! Also Bony has come from a foreign country without a pre season and from what I can gather he and a few others are living in a hotel. The manager still is unsure how to play Bony in my eyes in a 451, the lone striker role does not suit Bony
Breaking bony in on 16:50 - Nov 6 with 1401 viewsymaohyd

Breaking bony in on 15:53 - Nov 6 by Dr_Winston

I agree with you on both counts. For Bony to be a success we should still be able to play possession football etc.

However a statistic screams out at me, that being that we have only had one penalty in the league for nearly two seasons. Apart from being on the end of some awful decisions it is also because we play a hell of a lot of our football, across the back and around the centre of midfield, particularly with Laudrup who also likes the wingers to drift in.

As it is, the ideal centre forward for us should be the type of player Vasquez may become but nowhere near yet. Lightening over ten yards, sitting on the shoulder of the centre half and living off the percentage ball that splits the centre halves i.e. Ian Rush.

As it is we've spent a hell of a lot on a player, who, based on our style of play is plan b or c. Game is running away from us, play with width with some quality balls in. We're not even doing that effectively though!

Breaking bony in on 16:50 - Nov 6 with 1401 viewsmonmouth

Breaking bony in on 16:46 - Nov 6 by sammylee3

ffs he has scored 6 in 11 games for us league and cup etc. He has played for the Ivory Coast 5 times and scored 4 in 2013.

We have a system that he is not used to playing in, the manager is struggling to incorporate him in the team.. His problem is his mobility is not that great but we need a player that can do it all lol. There are not to many Suarez's about. Give him and Laudrup time.

The manager again is unsure of his best 11, he's brought too many in! Also Bony has come from a foreign country without a pre season and from what I can gather he and a few others are living in a hotel. The manager still is unsure how to play Bony in my eyes in a 451, the lone striker role does not suit Bony

Actually, I hate to dampen your righteous indignation, but my post is entirely in support of Bony. Don't let that stop you though.

Breaking bony in on 17:04 - Nov 6 with 1391 viewssammylee3

Breaking bony in on 16:50 - Nov 6 by monmouth

Actually, I hate to dampen your righteous indignation, but my post is entirely in support of Bony. Don't let that stop you though.

who said I was writing about your post, I hadn't even read it Mr Persecuted
Breaking bony in on 17:25 - Nov 6 with 1382 viewsmonmouth

Breaking bony in on 17:04 - Nov 6 by sammylee3

who said I was writing about your post, I hadn't even read it Mr Persecuted

LoL.....well you did quote it....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024