Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's storms. 00:21 - Dec 24 with 4184 viewscalders

How's everyone doing? , west Londons pretty bad at the moment very windy, but nothing to serious in my area, few fences down etc, but I would imagine it's much worse in the more rural areas.
Tonight's storms. on 00:23 - Dec 24 with 4173 viewsNorthernr

In the rural north. People generally wondering what all the fuss is about. Mum's been dissuaded from putting the washing out after a prolonged row over dinner - that's about as serious as it's got. Three dead.
Tonight's storms. on 00:29 - Dec 24 with 4157 viewsessextaxiboy

Went to Gatwick to pick up earlier , 2 hrs to get over the bridge .
Diverted the flight to East Midlands 10 mins before landing .
2 Hrs to get home , loads of Diesel , 2 tolls no fare .

It was quite bad loads of flooding on M25 in Kent.
Tonight's storms. on 00:34 - Dec 24 with 4144 viewsNorthernr

Tonight's storms. on 00:29 - Dec 24 by essextaxiboy

Went to Gatwick to pick up earlier , 2 hrs to get over the bridge .
Diverted the flight to East Midlands 10 mins before landing .
2 Hrs to get home , loads of Diesel , 2 tolls no fare .

It was quite bad loads of flooding on M25 in Kent.

Got to love that. Think you're landing in Gatwick and get tipped out in Derby.
Tonight's storms. on 00:50 - Dec 24 with 4116 viewsGetMeRangers

Fairly hairy at a nursery. Sound of breaking glass is never a good sign, and you just hope that you dont hear any. Flying panes of glass if wind gets inside a glasshouse... decapitation threat!
Tonight's storms. on 01:45 - Dec 24 with 4075 viewsPommyhoop

Tonight's storms. on 00:50 - Dec 24 by GetMeRangers

Fairly hairy at a nursery. Sound of breaking glass is never a good sign, and you just hope that you dont hear any. Flying panes of glass if wind gets inside a glasshouse... decapitation threat!

Not good

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tonight's storms. on 01:54 - Dec 24 with 4067 viewsFredManRave

Tonight's storms. on 00:23 - Dec 24 by Northernr

In the rural north. People generally wondering what all the fuss is about. Mum's been dissuaded from putting the washing out after a prolonged row over dinner - that's about as serious as it's got. Three dead.

I'm sure that we all hope that you get your clothes back dry and ironed and in time for the festivities.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Tonight's storms. on 04:01 - Dec 24 with 4016 viewstoemasher

We are ok in Florida, thanks for asking.
Sea is a bit salty if I think about it.

Happy Christmas you lovely Rs
Tonight's storms. on 05:15 - Dec 24 with 3994 viewsHooparoo

You haven't seen storms till you've lived in the sub tropics. You poms are all soft.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's storms. on 06:09 - Dec 24 with 3971 viewskomradkirk

Getting windy here in N.I. with storms forecast.
Lovely day for a funeral.
Tonight's storms. on 06:40 - Dec 24 with 3954 viewsPommyhoop

Tonight's storms. on 05:15 - Dec 24 by Hooparoo

You haven't seen storms till you've lived in the sub tropics. You poms are all soft.

Dunno about that.I've been out in a storm over here in just a pair of shorts.Try that back in the Motherland and you'll probably die of hypothermia before any chance of drowning or anything else.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tonight's storms. on 08:05 - Dec 24 with 3892 viewsmikeygunn

A welcome break that the north is not getting a battering. just a slight chill in Wetherby. Feel for those that are struggling to get home for christmas. Sure they all will though by hook or by crook.
Tonight's storms. on 08:26 - Dec 24 with 3859 viewsLimehouseR

On the 10:06 this morning out of Paddington down to Liskeard to see the old man for Christmas. This year it's going to happen regardless of First Great Western and their inability to deal with any type of weather other than clear blue sky. Last year I got stranded in London because they just gave up running the trains in the end. This year? Let's wait and see...
Tonight's storms. on 08:59 - Dec 24 with 3809 viewsscot1963

Tonight's storms. on 08:26 - Dec 24 by LimehouseR

On the 10:06 this morning out of Paddington down to Liskeard to see the old man for Christmas. This year it's going to happen regardless of First Great Western and their inability to deal with any type of weather other than clear blue sky. Last year I got stranded in London because they just gave up running the trains in the end. This year? Let's wait and see...

nothing going out of (or into I presume) Cornwall till at least 10 I think they said this morning on the news - lots of trees down on the line - yesterday alternative transport only between a couple of points further up the line due to flooding and not sure whether they've resolved that today - as you say same as last year by the look of it - best of luck
[Post edited 24 Dec 2013 9:00]
Tonight's storms. on 09:25 - Dec 24 with 3766 viewsdaveB

We had light drizzle in Langley, i had to put a coat on when I filled the bins up last night

I was told if the trains were delayed this morning I could work from home, the bastards ran on time for the first time in months. Useless
Tonight's storms. on 09:44 - Dec 24 with 3743 viewssmegma

Calders : hows the swiss chalet standing up to the storms ?
Tonight's storms. on 10:09 - Dec 24 with 3701 viewsisawqpratwcity

From Aussie experience: listen to forecasts and reports, don't drive into floodwaters, look out for your neighbours.

The timing's a bummer.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tonight's storms. on 11:16 - Dec 24 with 3598 viewsWanderR

Got home last night to find several fire engines dealing with a tree that had blown into the flats opposite my block. Feeling pretty smug it wasn't my flat until I got in and discover a fairly substantial leak had developed in my living room ceiling. Buckets and various kitchen utensils now deployed. Merry Christmas.

Current location: OX10

Tonight's storms. on 11:20 - Dec 24 with 3585 viewscalders

Tonight's storms. on 09:44 - Dec 24 by smegma

Calders : hows the swiss chalet standing up to the storms ?

thought it was gonna do a wizard of oz at one point but it was fine mate, having a log burner put in it next week so my main concern is them burning the thing down
Tonight's storms. on 12:02 - Dec 24 with 3552 viewskarl

We're getting the 'storm' this afternoon, wind has been picking up all day and its supposed to be bad for 24 hrs.
Tbh we've had really bad windy weather since the big storm down south (which we weren't really affected by) last month. Its been constant, only maybe 2 days a week where you could say its not been blowing a gale the rest of the time its 30mph and gusting 40-50mph with occasional 60 mph to really piss you off. South westerly so its reasonably warm but of course that means we get showers of rain the whole time too. Merry Christmas!!
Tonight's storms. on 12:37 - Dec 24 with 3517 viewsMonahoop

Bloody terrible today in the border counties area of Ireland. Blowing a flippin' gale here and feel it more where I live up on a drumlin [for those not in the know, it's a kind of ice age slag heap ]. Lashing rain, sleet and snow. Typical festive fayre from Ol' Ma Nature. Got well and truly blasted while digging for some horseradish for tomorrows Christmas nosh. Still it will be worth it. Yum yum!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Tonight's storms. on 12:41 - Dec 24 with 3508 viewsted_hendrix

Three power cuts last night and one during the day, the road to the village I live in (West Berkshire) was flooded and almost impassable yesterday and that's the worst I've seen it in living down here in over 30 Years.
Heading towards Kent soon around the joys of the M25.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tonight's storms. on 13:43 - Dec 24 with 3453 viewsHolser

Tonight's storms. on 09:25 - Dec 24 by daveB

We had light drizzle in Langley, i had to put a coat on when I filled the bins up last night

I was told if the trains were delayed this morning I could work from home, the bastards ran on time for the first time in months. Useless

Got slightly damp walking across the park to Budgens but had to dodge the odd wheelie bin on the walk back. Next doors gazebo roof is now adorning the roof of the bungalow 3 doors down.

80's F block

Tonight's storms. on 19:53 - Dec 24 with 3295 viewsLimehouseR

Left London Paddington shortly after 10am... Arrived at my dad's house in Liskeard just after 7 this evening. 9 hours, 3 trains, a replacement bus and a lot of cursing but I made it!

Merry Xmas to all.

Except First Great Western!
Tonight's storms. on 17:37 - Dec 25 with 3120 viewsRickyDicky

Been without power for 2 days now. Turkey cooked by my local pub and a mate is away for the 2 days , so used his kitchen for spuds and the rest of the dinner. Cooking for 10 peeps. Another mate gave me his generator and put it through a socket, so at least we have lights and low energy socket power. No sign of anyone coming to sort it out, live in east kent. Loads affected in this part of kent. Using my daughters iPad to upload this. Real pisser.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024