Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights 14:12 - Jan 2 with 6063 viewsMHall963

Just watched the video highlights on dale player from yesterday's game. My thoughts are that we are lucky to have not got 2, possibly 3 suspensions. These thoughts are only based on the highlights though. For the first, Scotty hogan seemed to headbutt or at least shove the scunny player with his head, as a result I feel he may have got away with this. For the second incident, this being the rose yellow, we all know how that went, so there's the second yellow although it did look as though rose got something on the ball. Then lastly, as scunnys attacker was through on goal, olly had a little tug at him, but then thought better of it and let go, it might've been a different story had he gone down. Anyway just my thoughts and having watched the highlights. Onwards and upwards, let's look forward to Leeds now. Up the dale!
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 22:11 - Jan 2 with 1471 viewsboromat

Highlights don't really show all of the Hogan incident which is a shame. Seems to only show Hogans actions which could have easily been a red on another day but equally the Scunthorpe player was very lucky for not getting even a yellow for hitting Hogan from behind. I really wanted to see the aftermath as I don't think Donnelly deserved a yellow didn't seem to do anything (I know so unlike Donnelly!!)

Rose definitely got a toe to the ball think if the camera was the other side there would be no one arguing.

The opening post seem to just copy word for word what the commentator on the highlights said!!! Olly at the end didn't deserve a red yes if he had have pulled him he would of but he didn't.

The only other close call was Matty Lund with a sliding tackle that was late it seemed quite clinical but was the far corner from me and wasn't on the highlights.

Their keeper was excellent and made some great saves but I don't think we troubled him enough. On one or two occasions I felt we should have taken a chance with a shot here and there instead of getting it into the box. Funnily enough that's how they got their goal.

Still went away from the match with my head held high the way we now go about our football with Hill back is enough for me. We have a great team effort, try and play the right way and have some brilliant youngsters coming through. Some of Jamie Allen's through balls were incredible and if Done and Hogan would have still been up top I think their pace would have made the most of them. I'm not expecting too much of Donnelly too quickly he didn't look his sharpest.

Bring on Leeds!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 09:52 - Jan 3 with 1375 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 20:51 - Jan 2 by 49thseason

I think its time the coaches had a word with Cummins about heading downwards, there have been a coupls of instances where he has tried to head into the roof of the net and been saved by the keeper, a downwards header onto the goal line is almost unstoppable.

Oddly enough, a Preston fan posted on here that Cummins was a great header of a football. Obviously hearsay on limited evidence.

How tall is Cummins though? He doesn't seem much more than about 5' 11" in which case he's going to struggle to get his head above the ball being crossed to head downwards.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 11:40 - Jan 3 with 1331 viewsDorsetDale

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:12 - Jan 2 by 442Dale

Seeing the second save, I'm in agreement. Great save but the header was near enough to him to give Slocombe a chance.

Rose is not definite one way or another, and I've slowed it down a few times! What is possible to say is that the ref was nearer than the camera and gave decision as he saw fit, and it's not one anyone can be certain enough to argue with.

I too have slowed it down. It appears to me that at the same time their man slowed down, Rose played the ball onto the Scunny player's ankle and it then rebounded back up the pitch. Understandable why the ref gave a yellow though. Interesting the commentator on player was dumbfounded, maybe they had a better view from a different angle than the camera?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 13:29 - Jan 3 with 1268 views442Dale

The Ob says it "left a bitter taste in the mouths of 410 travelling supporters".

Maybe they could stop speaking on everyone's behalf. It's said a picture is worth a thousand words, and in their case it's definitely true. Especially when the words are nonsense.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 13:35 - Jan 3 with 1257 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 13:29 - Jan 3 by 442Dale

The Ob says it "left a bitter taste in the mouths of 410 travelling supporters".

Maybe they could stop speaking on everyone's behalf. It's said a picture is worth a thousand words, and in their case it's definitely true. Especially when the words are nonsense.

I must have missed the survey where they asked us all our opinion.

How big is the picture?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024