Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two hundred grand ?? 17:15 - Jan 5 with 2012 viewsTalkingSutty

Trying to work out gate receipts (including the upcoming game against the Wendys or Macc) and then factor in the prize money for each round and i reckon it wont be far off that 200k mark, some TV money would obviously greatly inflate that. Maths was never my strongest point,over to you TVOS.
Two hundred grand ?? on 17:23 - Jan 5 with 1964 viewsTVOS1907

Prize money so far is £112,500. (18000 + 27000 + 67500)

The fourth round winners get £90,000.

Rumour has it the club expect record gate receipts from yesterday although I don't know if those are made public anymore.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Two hundred grand ?? on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 1894 viewsSuddenLad

Two hundred grand ?? on 17:23 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

Prize money so far is £112,500. (18000 + 27000 + 67500)

The fourth round winners get £90,000.

Rumour has it the club expect record gate receipts from yesterday although I don't know if those are made public anymore.

Yesterday alone would have generated about £150,000 in gate money (obviously shared as per the rules) so any 'off-field' extras are a bonus.

Another decent crowd for the next cup match should swell the coffers nicely.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Two hundred grand ?? on 17:46 - Jan 5 with 1824 viewsNR_Dale

This cup run achieves is players not being sold in jan (unless a stupid offer comes in ) which can benefit us throughout the season (unlike previous seasons when key players have been sold mid season). Also keeps the club coffers topped up. Can't see us splashing the cash on a player unless it's a loan player and pay part wages for them.
Two hundred grand ?? on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 1796 viewsDalenet

Two hundred grand ?? on 17:36 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

Yesterday alone would have generated about £150,000 in gate money (obviously shared as per the rules) so any 'off-field' extras are a bonus.

We shouldn't forget that 20% of the ticket value goes to the VAT man. If we averaged £17 a ticket, then there is £112k to share - although we can take policing and other costs off first. But our gross share would be around £50,000. Plus whatever profit is made from the Radcliffe, programmes and hospitality. The stadium company will have done okay too - and with another good tie to come, that will be three "full house" gates in 4 months (2 for us and 1 for rugby) and that should help cover stadium company costs quite well.

So the Chairman is right - not the money spinner we all think. But welcome nonetheless.
Two hundred grand ?? on 18:59 - Jan 5 with 1641 viewsJumeirahDale

£7k from ITV for the extended highlights also.
Two hundred grand ?? on 19:00 - Jan 5 with 1621 viewsDaley_Lama

-£100K for the police required to manage the dingles.

Poll: DF in or out

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 1602 viewsTalkingSutty

Two hundred grand ?? on 17:36 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

I think your maths are worse than mine and mine are very bad. I don't think yesterdays gate receipts would have been anywhere near 150k, maybe 110k tops. 150 K would have required each person paying a average of 18pounds 80ish per person........help me TVOS
Two hundred grand ?? on 19:08 - Jan 5 with 1563 viewsD_Alien

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:05 - Jan 5 by TalkingSutty

I think your maths are worse than mine and mine are very bad. I don't think yesterdays gate receipts would have been anywhere near 150k, maybe 110k tops. 150 K would have required each person paying a average of 18pounds 80ish per person........help me TVOS

I'm not TVOS (obviously) but I'd put the figure about half way between those two amounts.

8250 x avg £16 = £132k

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:12 - Jan 5 with 1540 viewsTalkingSutty

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:08 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

I'm not TVOS (obviously) but I'd put the figure about half way between those two amounts.

8250 x avg £16 = £132k

Apologies to Sudden Lad then, he gets closer so he is obviously better at sums than me
Two hundred grand ?? on 19:30 - Jan 5 with 1471 viewsnordenblue

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:08 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

8250 x avg £16 = £132k

With the Leeds fans all paying 20 quid a head that will push the average up, the cheapest and smallest area is 15 so id guess an average of 17 a head wouldnt be far out? Again im probably wildly out too though!
Two hundred grand ?? on 19:32 - Jan 5 with 1456 viewsTalkingSutty

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:30 - Jan 5 by nordenblue

With the Leeds fans all paying 20 quid a head that will push the average up, the cheapest and smallest area is 15 so id guess an average of 17 a head wouldnt be far out? Again im probably wildly out too though!

But didn't juniors get in for a tenner ??
Two hundred grand ?? on 19:40 - Jan 5 with 1424 viewsD_Alien

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:32 - Jan 5 by TalkingSutty

But didn't juniors get in for a tenner ??

My avg of £16 is just a guesstimate based on all sections of the ground but including concessions.

It'd be interesting to compare the total receipts from "gate" income (including ST's) with the overall number of attenders when the annual accounts are published.

Anyone got those figures from previous years?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:40 - Jan 5 with 1424 viewsboromat

I don't think we will have made that much on gates yesterday. When you take into extra costs of putting the game on added police etc and then the splitting of the money for Leeds and the FA I don't think it will have been as fruitful as you'd expect. Maybe it was comparable to 2 normal matches at most.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 1396 viewsSuddenLad

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:40 - Jan 5 by boromat

I don't think we will have made that much on gates yesterday. When you take into extra costs of putting the game on added police etc and then the splitting of the money for Leeds and the FA I don't think it will have been as fruitful as you'd expect. Maybe it was comparable to 2 normal matches at most.

My quoted 'gate money' of £150,000 was a guesstimate at the GROSS amount BEFORE any deductions. As I pointed out, it has to be 'shared' with a number of other entitled recipients, but I was only making a rough ad hoc calculation.

After all necessary deductions for yesterday, I would guesstimate that Dale will be able to bank about £55,000 from the gate/ticket money - PLUS monies generated by other related events like sponsorship, hospitality and ancillary sales.

It surely far exceeds any 'normal' 2-gate takings.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Two hundred grand ?? on 20:02 - Jan 5 with 1356 viewsmacro

The split is something like 40% per club and 20% to the fa

Could be 45/45/10 but the fa def take their cut
Two hundred grand ?? on 20:04 - Jan 5 with 1351 viewsColDale

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:51 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

My quoted 'gate money' of £150,000 was a guesstimate at the GROSS amount BEFORE any deductions. As I pointed out, it has to be 'shared' with a number of other entitled recipients, but I was only making a rough ad hoc calculation.

After all necessary deductions for yesterday, I would guesstimate that Dale will be able to bank about £55,000 from the gate/ticket money - PLUS monies generated by other related events like sponsorship, hospitality and ancillary sales.

it's certainly enough extra cash in the bank to finance a top class player for the remainder of the season.
Two hundred grand ?? on 20:22 - Jan 5 with 1316 viewsohwhenthedale

Two hundred grand ?? on 20:04 - Jan 5 by ColDale

it's certainly enough extra cash in the bank to finance a top class player for the remainder of the season.

the really big opportunity that we missed was in the bar 3 staff on each bar?? for an extra 20 quid an hour could have had 3 more I spent 30 mins waiting for a pint if we are going to have a decent crowd providing sheff wed get through would like to see them invest in a couple more bar staff

speculate to accumilate dale!!
Two hundred grand ?? on 20:25 - Jan 5 with 1300 viewsTVOS1907

Two hundred grand ?? on 19:51 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

You're right.

Add in four sets of sponsors yesterday, hospitality was sold out, and all other sundries and I'd expect takings from those things to be somewhere approaching four home games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Two hundred grand ?? on 20:35 - Jan 5 with 1258 viewsTalkingSutty

Two hundred grand ?? on 20:25 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

You're right.

Add in four sets of sponsors yesterday, hospitality was sold out, and all other sundries and I'd expect takings from those things to be somewhere approaching four home games.

So maybe after the next round our income from our cup run could even exceed 200k,irrespective of progression or not? If we did manage to attract a live tv game then that sum rises rapidly. No matter what it's a God send and if some of the revenue pushes us into a play off spot then the income from that could also be attributed to our exploits in the FA cup. Happy days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024