Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick round up of all the tripe on here... 10:21 - Jan 16 with 4107 viewscaerleon_jack

Ki: Last season Ki (when he was here) blew hot and cold. He showed glimpses of his ability, but generally he shirked challenges, slowed play down, gave away cheap free kicks and displayed very erratic passing. All things that JdG gets slated for. However, a couple of good performances for a rubbish team and suddenly he'd be our saviour. If only our manager would swallow his pride and call him back. There's obviously something about Ki that Laudrup doesn't like, maybe it was the extended holiday he took last season (which everyone agreed took the pee-pee). But we should forget that and bring him back because he'd score every game and we'd win the league, deffo.

Laudrup: Since day one some muppets on here have had it in for Laudrup. His crime? He took the managers job and told Monk and Tate the truth - they're not Premier League standard. How dare he. These players are club legends. It doesn't matter that they are too old or not up to scratch. They should play, week in, week out. So since taking over we've had at least 15 player coups, taking training themselves and going to Huw and telling him they will only play if Monk is made manager. It's now back at the stage that we are so far into a relegation battle (we're not) that Laudrup is being likened to Sousa, who during his time and after has faced criticism that makes you wonder if he's not some kind of Nazi war criminal. Last season Laudrup delivered our best ever season as a club. Now some idiot is claiming that an ex-player reckons training sessions under Laudrup aren't up to scratch. They are to blame for all our injuries apparently. But why didn't we get all these injuries last season? Why weren't we relegated last season? They guy is obviously not up to the job. Of course the other reason Laudrup is hated by a moronic minority is that he's been quite open to going to another club one day. How dare he. Much better that he swear allegiance to the Swans and talk about loyalty 24/7 like Martinez and Rodgers. I mean, that worked out, didn't it?

Huw: The mastermind behind our rise from League Two basement to Premier League, the guy is our saviour and a shining light in a division driven by greed and debt. And yet at the same time he's an idiot who won't spend the money that the club needs to spend, signs players behind a managers back, has no idea what he's doing, is an idiot, employed the worst managers we've ever had in Sousa and Laudrup and is an idiot.

Vasquez: A player so inept that he must be some kind of undercover agent. Not the fact he's a young guy who's not played much first team football and possibly needs a little bit of confidence.

Donnelly: Not getting picked so obviously has been a complete waste of money. We should never ever bring in a young player to develop unless we are 110% certain that he will definitely turn into a world class player with 3 weeks. Players don't need time to develop, they should just be amazing from day one.

Insert something witty here

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 20:15 - Jan 16 with 856 viewsCatullus

I don't get people who say we're not in a relegation battle. We're 4 points off bottom place. Besides that, the general consensus has been (at the beginning of the season since we came up) that our first target is 40 points for survival!! Just when does a relegation battle start? In the last 2 months or when you are sucked in to the bottom group, or when you are potentially one defeat outside the bottom 3?
When does the battle for the title start? First game or in March? Don't tell me, that's different!
And if having 9 players out injured (in one of the smallest premier league squads) isn't a crisis, when is?
What I heard was we had one player ready for Sunday and two fit for the bench who may get twenty minutes because they're not ready for a full game.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 20:48 - Jan 16 with 835 viewsFlashberryjack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 20:15 - Jan 16 by Catullus

I don't get people who say we're not in a relegation battle. We're 4 points off bottom place. Besides that, the general consensus has been (at the beginning of the season since we came up) that our first target is 40 points for survival!! Just when does a relegation battle start? In the last 2 months or when you are sucked in to the bottom group, or when you are potentially one defeat outside the bottom 3?
When does the battle for the title start? First game or in March? Don't tell me, that's different!
And if having 9 players out injured (in one of the smallest premier league squads) isn't a crisis, when is?
What I heard was we had one player ready for Sunday and two fit for the bench who may get twenty minutes because they're not ready for a full game.

Don't panic...... once Vasquez gets his confidence back he'll be banging them in for fun.
Plus all our injured players will be back in the next few months...... we're far to good to go down....chill

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 22:35 - Jan 16 with 795 viewsborinifanclub

The op is one of the best and most errudite posts on here in ages............well done son!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 22:50 - Jan 16 with 790 viewsDavillin

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 22:35 - Jan 16 by borinifanclub

The op is one of the best and most errudite posts on here in ages............well done son!

Just out of respectful curiosity . . .

[1] how do you define "ages" as used in your post? In terms of days, weeks, months, years, since F.M. Sumbler started it?

And [[2] how do you define "erudite"?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:00 - Jan 17 with 768 viewsdukemedia

[Post edited 29 Jan 2014 8:25]
Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 02:00 - Jan 17 with 745 viewsJJJack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 17:15 - Jan 16 by paulv2k4

Ki: I thought Ki was okay last season, he kept hold of the ball and played the possession pass, not miracles, but the same amount as any other player in defensive midfield would do!. I heard the long holiday was the reason behind Laudrup no longer wanting him. Personally, I think most would like him back because he's a midfielder and we don't have many at this point in time and its almost like having a new signing with paying out the cash. Nobody is saying he will win the league for us!

Laudrup: Why loan in sub-standard strikers when you have Donnelly? His beliefs that we can't win against top team (in the league) filter into the side, I firmly believe that any game is winnable! We had a good run of form until we won the cup last year and Michu had a great first season for us. That is why we didn't get relegated last season.

Huw: Not sure what your talking about. Huw is Huw, he will always try and keep the club in the black and I am sure we are all happy about that.

Vazquez: confidence is shattered mainly from people disliking him from day one!

Donnelly: In the European away game he was given a chance in, I thought he played well for his debut. Hes 21, its time for him to have some games.

Best post I've seen on here. It would be nice to hear ML for once saying he was confident of beating one of the top sides. Personally I'm bored of him banging on about the size of respective budgets: I think everyone and his dog is well aware of that. If Sunderland, Villa & Cardiff can turn over Citeh, you'd like to think we could rattle a big cage in this league once in a while. We've repeatedly done it in the Cups but with the notable exception of Arsenal away and perhaps Newcastle we have been impotent and lacking in belief against the top 7 for far too long now. Under Brodgers we at least attacked (and sometimes beat) these sides.
Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 09:30 - Jan 17 with 698 viewsjohnlangy

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:56 - Jan 16 by raynor94

Injury crisis, no midfield, it's a little ott, 3 players back for Sunday and the rest apart from Michu fit for Brum, Ki was got rid of for a reason, i' m more than happy to back the managements judgement.

I don't understand. What's the point of a sensible post ? I want more doom and glooooooooooooom.
Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 09:39 - Jan 17 with 693 viewsDevz00

Pretty much agree with everything there. Good post. It's going to be a bit lost on a lot of the same old posters here though, unfortunately.

EDIT - I should have quoted the OP.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 9:40]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 09:58 - Jan 17 with 673 viewsperchrockjack

Some posters might view the OP as the biggest load of offal posters for years.
Why would we bring in a player who hasn't played much first eam football into the Premier League.
Why has this lad also be brought on the replace our only striker.

I truly hope these people are posting such to gain the admiration of those who see any criticism at all as "negative".

Looking at the table and our current crop of crocks it sure aint anything
but bullshuite of the highest order.

We need fit players we need them now to avoid a real battle. Im hoping LAUDRUP behind the scenes is working 24/7 to help.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 10:41 - Jan 17 with 655 viewscaerleon_jack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 09:58 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

Why would we bring in a player who hasn't played much first eam football into the Premier League.

I truly hope these people are posting such to gain the admiration of those who see any criticism at all as "negative".

We need fit players we need them now to avoid a real battle. Im hoping LAUDRUP behind the scenes is working 24/7 to help.

Perch - there's criticism and there's nonsensical drivel. I'm all up for criticising the team/club when its necessary and constructive, but my OP (as I've already stated) was tapping into the bizarre cr@p that has been posted on here in recent days/weeks. Some on here seem to exist purely to antagonise and abuse others, as one poster has proved so far. Some want to discuss the current situation of the club without others resorting to playground tactics to stop any sort of normal discussion. Some just come up with little theories and conspiracies in their head and then attribute them to friends 'in the know'. I learnt a long time ago that there's not much sense on the internet. However, this site seems to be a magnet for some of the biggest nonsense going. My OP was meant in good humour, it was meant to be a little satirical and point the finger at the extreme. Some appear to have got it, others haven't.

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 10:48 - Jan 17 with 646 viewsQuakerJack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 10:41 - Jan 17 by caerleon_jack

Perch - there's criticism and there's nonsensical drivel. I'm all up for criticising the team/club when its necessary and constructive, but my OP (as I've already stated) was tapping into the bizarre cr@p that has been posted on here in recent days/weeks. Some on here seem to exist purely to antagonise and abuse others, as one poster has proved so far. Some want to discuss the current situation of the club without others resorting to playground tactics to stop any sort of normal discussion. Some just come up with little theories and conspiracies in their head and then attribute them to friends 'in the know'. I learnt a long time ago that there's not much sense on the internet. However, this site seems to be a magnet for some of the biggest nonsense going. My OP was meant in good humour, it was meant to be a little satirical and point the finger at the extreme. Some appear to have got it, others haven't.

I agree but I also think there are people on here who will resort to abusing people who dare to criticise, even if it's constructive... I also think there are people who will blindly back everything the top brass do, even when it's wrong... they were probably doing the same when we were in League 2.

But yes there are some on here that feed conspiracies...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 10:52 - Jan 17 with 643 viewsperchrockjack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 10:41 - Jan 17 by caerleon_jack

Fair enough and I apologise for any offence .
I just am seriously concerned at the moment at the complacency shown on this board-which is irrelevant- and of LAUDRUP himself who seems to show little sign of dynamism which is what we will need to protect our PL status .It would be truly shocking to go down-I say would- given the work to get us here.

If we stay up then we ll all be pleased and relievd-doom mongers, negative merchant s et al.

The club is everything-the players nothing really . Its their job to perform to their best ;its like any other job out there

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:06 - Jan 17 with 638 viewsQuakerJack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 10:52 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

Fair enough and I apologise for any offence .
I just am seriously concerned at the moment at the complacency shown on this board-which is irrelevant- and of LAUDRUP himself who seems to show little sign of dynamism which is what we will need to protect our PL status .It would be truly shocking to go down-I say would- given the work to get us here.

If we stay up then we ll all be pleased and relievd-doom mongers, negative merchant s et al.

The club is everything-the players nothing really . Its their job to perform to their best ;its like any other job out there

The word complacency is key for me... by not signing or recalling whilst all around us strive to strengthen, it worries me that for the sake of saving a few quid now, we're risking our PL survival and everything that goes with that...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:10 - Jan 17 with 638 viewsDevz00

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:06 - Jan 17 by QuakerJack

The word complacency is key for me... by not signing or recalling whilst all around us strive to strengthen, it worries me that for the sake of saving a few quid now, we're risking our PL survival and everything that goes with that...

Yes but we may still sign someone. If there is somebody out there at the right price to suit us then great. I'd much rather us not sign someone than panic buy and get someone in for the sake of it.

I'm not even going to discuss Ki because it's been done to death and he isn't coming back.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 620 viewsQuakerJack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:10 - Jan 17 by Devz00

Yes but we may still sign someone. If there is somebody out there at the right price to suit us then great. I'd much rather us not sign someone than panic buy and get someone in for the sake of it.

I'm not even going to discuss Ki because it's been done to death and he isn't coming back.

I agree, we've got all the time in the world, but having a whole month to do business means that we shouldn't need to panic buy... other clubs seem to be able to do it without too much hassle..

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 13:43 - Jan 17 with 597 viewsperchrockjack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:36 - Jan 17 by QuakerJack

I agree, we've got all the time in the world, but having a whole month to do business means that we shouldn't need to panic buy... other clubs seem to be able to do it without too much hassle..

Its simple Id have thought.
We ve spent years building our club and getting to the Premier League.

Im sure Laudrup s plans at the beginning of the campaign have been blown asunder which is where contingency plans comes in and a great manager proves his worth.

Hull City FFS have just signed two decent strikers while we ...

seem to be relying on injured players coming back and doing the bus- a massive gamble which wont bother LAUDRUP but it should bother every single Swanse fAN AS its OUR club and we want desperately to stay where we are,dont we?

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 13:47 - Jan 17 with 599 viewsDevz00

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 11:36 - Jan 17 by QuakerJack

Yeah that's fair enough, we have a whole month. I think you are still slightly missing what I'm saying though. Maybe there is nobody out there that ML wants that is better than what we already have and is actually available right now for the right price?

OK, Hull have signed Jelavic and Long. In my opinion, Jelavic is too expensive for us (wages and fee) and Long isn't good enough.

Villa have signed Grant Holt. This is down to the manager knowing him well. His record is something like 2 goals in 14 for Wigan this season.

Norwich have signed Gutierrez. Again, the manager knows him, which helps.

What I am saying is, as far as I can see, there's no player that has moved elsewhere that could have improved us for the right price. It's not as if Tom Ince, who we are clearly interested in, has just signed for Fulham or another of our rivals. Then we'd have a something to complain about.

EDIT - you can add Guidetti to the list too. Gone to Stoke, another manager that knows him from his time at City.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 13:49]

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 13:51 - Jan 17 with 593 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Why just blame Laudrup?

His job this week is to prepare the team for the game on Sunday. I'm sure he's told the board what he would like in January and he indicated that he would like a couple of new faces here in his interviews last week.

It's up to Huw to earn his bonus and get those targets to our club if he can whilst maintaining our financial stability that has served us so well for the last decade.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 14:03 - Jan 17 with 575 viewsperchrockjack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 13:09 - Jan 16 by Brynmill_Jack

No moral fibre? How do you come to that conclusion? Has he been hanging around strange bars, pinching old ladies purses or has he been vandalizing the training facilities?

He s on loan to further his career. He has been in positions to score and not hard ones but has simply bottled it ..
Im amazed people are prepared to defend him .He s getting paid by us.
Someone mentioned he might be homesick now Im sorry but I m speechless at that

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 14:29 - Jan 17 with 571 viewscaerleon_jack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 14:03 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

He s on loan to further his career. He has been in positions to score and not hard ones but has simply bottled it ..
Im amazed people are prepared to defend him .He s getting paid by us.
Someone mentioned he might be homesick now Im sorry but I m speechless at that

I understand that, but I'm not sure what that has to do with his 'moral fibre'.

For what it's worth I really liked the look of him when he first arrived. He was making really good runs that were wasted because we went through a dodgy period of only passing sideways. We've picked up in form since then, but I think his confidence has been affected. I was particularly disappointed in the last Utd game when Bony won a header and Vasquez stood underneath it, made no attempt to battle for it and just watched De Gea gather it. He has looked good in the last two games on the wing, which I know is not what we signed him for, but it is a position in which we currently have some injury concerns and therefore he might be useful.

I think people also need to remember that he was not signed as Bony's back up, but as Michu's back up as it was quite clear at the start of the season that Laudrup still sees Michu as our no.2 striker, whether Michu does or not. Vasquez was brought in to provide 'depth', and as someone to develop as the season went on. But Laudrup (like most of us) probably imagined the season going a bit better than it has and instead of Vasquez coming on for 10-15 minutes at the end of the game that we are winning, he has been brought on in situations where we really need someone with more experience. I'm sure that with the power of hindsight Laudrup would have brought someone else in, but we all expected to be doing better and we've previously been lucky with injuries, so in that situation Vasquez would not have been a bad signing.

Shecter was undoubtedly a bad signing because we were desperate for an experienced goal-scorer, and the fact he failed in Germany should have signalled that his impressive record in Israel was purely down to the quality of the league rather than an abundance of talent. Vasquez does not have the experience of Shecter, and I've got no issue with Laudrup identifying players that could come good after a loan period. After all, we've done it before with the likes of Dyer. It's a pity we didn't bring in someone else, but if things had gone to plan then we might be moaning now about having a £6m striker who doesn't really get a look in and was potentially a waste of money.

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 14:29 - Jan 17 with 570 viewsJBT95

The OP has no clue. Monk ain't playing cause he's injured, not cause he is not of PL standard. CBA to read the rest of the crap if you can't see that.
Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 14:34 - Jan 17 with 567 viewscaerleon_jack

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 14:29 - Jan 17 by JBT95

The OP has no clue. Monk ain't playing cause he's injured, not cause he is not of PL standard. CBA to read the rest of the crap if you can't see that.

When Laudrup came in, Monk wasn't injured. He was told he wasn't good enough. Whether that's due to age or ability, I don't know. But he was one of many that Laudrup tried to get rid of from day one.

He might be injured now, but that's not why he's not playing. It's because we have better players ahead of him.

If you 'CBA' to understand that then you don't understand football.

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 15:30 - Jan 17 with 552 viewsJackSomething

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 09:58 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

"Why would we bring in a player who hasn't played much first eam football into the Premier League. "

Vasquez had played 89 games in La Liga when we signed him.
Amat had played 68.
Pozuelo had played 29.

Hell, even Michu only played 37 games in La Liga before we signed him, spending the rest of his career in lower leagues.

There's reasons to bash Vasquez (although your comments about him being gutless are based on one admittedly poor moment against Everton), but his level of first team football experience isn't one of them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 16:04 - Jan 17 with 527 viewsSwanfan1

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 02:00 - Jan 17 by JJJack

Best post I've seen on here. It would be nice to hear ML for once saying he was confident of beating one of the top sides. Personally I'm bored of him banging on about the size of respective budgets: I think everyone and his dog is well aware of that. If Sunderland, Villa & Cardiff can turn over Citeh, you'd like to think we could rattle a big cage in this league once in a while. We've repeatedly done it in the Cups but with the notable exception of Arsenal away and perhaps Newcastle we have been impotent and lacking in belief against the top 7 for far too long now. Under Brodgers we at least attacked (and sometimes beat) these sides.

right cause we didnt turn over united in the fa cup

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Quick round up of all the tripe on here... on 18:26 - Jan 17 with 495 viewsCatullus

Listened to the Swans report on the radio earlier. According to them Laudrup said he'd considered bringing Ki back but the deadline had passed. And now we are being linked with Abdisalam Ibrahim of Man City to bolster our midfield. Laudrup has said we need a DM as Canas is out for a month.
So we did think about Ki but were too late.

And yes, I am growing tired of Laudrup talking us down. No wonder we look like we've got no confidence sometimes!!
On our day we can give anyone a game. You don't hear other managers being so negative. Even Eddie Howe was talking Bournemouth up for their Liverpool game ffs!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024