Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amir "Sharapova" Khan 14:05 - May 4 with 890 viewsFredManRave

Anybody stay/get up to watch the boxing?

I thought Amir Khan looked very weak despite ctually knocking his opponent down 3 times. His style is definitely not fan friendly, lots of holding and turning and his punches seemed really quite powder puff and rarely connected, maybe not too surprising having been out for 12 minths but even so a poor boxing match imo. And the less said about his little "eek" every time he (tried to) land a punch the better.

As for Mayweather, 37 years old but still class. Never in trouble and showed his class against a tough little Argie. And the less said about Beiber acompanying him into the ring, ironically surrounded by clowns, the better.

Amir wouldn't stand a chance against Mayweather, he'd be better off waiting another 10 years.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 14:09 - May 4 with 877 viewsTheBlob

Khan's got a glass chin,please god don't stick him in a ring with Mayweather,could be another Johnny Owen.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 17:28 - May 4 with 686 viewsjamois

I think you're being a little harsh. I'd certainly be worried he's got enough power now having moved up to welter, he used to be a lightweight after all. But Collazo takes a good shot. Look at him v Hatton. I think Khan did pretty well. He schooled the 'bigger' man and he kept it up to the end. And nobody stands much of a chance against Mayweather, but given that Khan beat Maidana in a great fight, he does warrant a shot. But maybe they'll do Khan v Maidana II first?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 17:37 - May 4 with 669 viewsdanehoop

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mayweather just doesn't fancy Khan for whatever reason. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but I thought Khan looked good fighting at this level at a new weight. New trainer seems to have put a bit more discipline in there. Although he took some good shots I dont think he is as glassy as is being made out. I think her certainly has worked to improve his defence and lost some of the unnecessary sillliness that made him vulnerable to a good shot before. Certainly think he could give Mayweather a challenge, even though Mayweather is undoubtedly currently outstanding.

Never knowingly understood

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 18:09 - May 4 with 631 viewsbosh67

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 17:37 - May 4 by danehoop

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mayweather just doesn't fancy Khan for whatever reason. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but I thought Khan looked good fighting at this level at a new weight. New trainer seems to have put a bit more discipline in there. Although he took some good shots I dont think he is as glassy as is being made out. I think her certainly has worked to improve his defence and lost some of the unnecessary sillliness that made him vulnerable to a good shot before. Certainly think he could give Mayweather a challenge, even though Mayweather is undoubtedly currently outstanding.

Pretty much agree Dane. Khan looked a lot more disciplined last night. Much more comfortable at a heavier weight. He has got a suspect chin but they said that about Lewis when he took on Hollyfield in 1999. Hollyfield was expected to blow Lennox away, instead Lennox taught Hollyfield a lesson that night and never looked back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 19:21 - May 4 with 560 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I stayed up and found a wiziwig link that worked on my work laptop! Thanks to whoever posted that link on the other thread!

I thought Khan looked a lot stronger actually although he clearly waned as it went on. He did connect with lots of punches especially in the earlier rounds when there was some nice flurries but they didn't seem to cause his opponent too much damage.

I thought he did well to see it through and deserved his win. I don't think he is in the same class as Mayweather though. He didn't look as sharp to me but still never really in trouble although midway through I reckon there was a chance he could have been out pointed if he didn't give it a bit more, and he duly did.

A good evenings fighting all round.
Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 19:48 - May 4 with 522 viewsjamois

I think the glass jaw thing is really over done. His Maidana fight showed he can take a shot that would knock most out and he's taken plenty since then too. And I agree also, his defence and fight control looks to have really improved with Virgil Hunter. But Mayweather would have to be on the decline to suffer against him. But if he took him on in another year, ya never know. Khan would still be prime and developing.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 19:57 - May 4 with 513 viewsTheBlob

Just hope Khan's membership to BUPA is up to date.

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 20:36 - May 4 with 463 viewsRBlock

But can he play in the play offs though?
Login to get fewer ads

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 22:30 - May 4 with 377 viewsTheBlob

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 20:36 - May 4 by RBlock

But can he play in the play offs though?

We could do with an extra bit of punch up front

Amir "Sharapova" Khan on 22:52 - May 4 with 348 viewszicoshoops

Khan has his a slightly different style these days, because of his new American Trainer, but........
If he can wait for another 10 years, he's got half a chance against Mayweather.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024