Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Annual large bet 10:17 - Jul 4 with 1584 viewskingsburyR

Morning All,

Ever summer I put one large bet (well large for me) to choose one outcome from each division. I have been pretty successful overall and have decided to give it another go. One now before the transfer window starts to dictate prices and again after when all players are settled into their new clubs. So far I have:

Prem: West Brom to go down (Managerial appointment was the deciding factor)
Champ: Derby to get promoted (players they have kept was deciding factor)
Lge 1: Port Vale to be relegated (other around them have strengthened)
Lge 2: Bury to get promoted (they have cash and look strong throughout)

£100 Accy will get you approx. £14000 in return.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Annual large bet on 10:22 - Jul 4 with 1555 viewsPommyhoop

Good luck..
I would add on Luis Suarez to take a chunk of flesh from a Real Madrid player next season...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Annual large bet on 10:24 - Jul 4 with 1551 viewskingsburyR

Annual large bet on 10:22 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

Good luck..
I would add on Luis Suarez to take a chunk of flesh from a Real Madrid player next season...

Looking for odds on that as I type!

Annual large bet on 10:24 - Jul 4 with 1551 viewsMrSheen

Bury have cash? That would make a change. Has a sheikh or oligarch been persuaded to buy the 1903 FA Cup-winners?
Annual large bet on 10:28 - Jul 4 with 1531 viewskingsburyR

Annual large bet on 10:24 - Jul 4 by MrSheen

Bury have cash? That would make a change. Has a sheikh or oligarch been persuaded to buy the 1903 FA Cup-winners?

Relative term admittedly.

I don't think Suarez will be joining them any time soon!

Annual large bet on 10:31 - Jul 4 with 1523 viewspaulparker

West Brom will stay up, they will sack matey around October time ,
I would lump on Villa myself, joe cole, senderos, & roy keane is a disaster waiting to happen
IMHO Derby may suffer a little bit of a hangover next year, im not convinced they have what it takes, if Norwich get a decent manager (again can see them sacking Adams)
they may be the better bet, Dark Horses Wolves , Brentford and Millwall (olly factor)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Annual large bet on 10:51 - Jul 4 with 1480 viewskingsburyR

Annual large bet on 10:31 - Jul 4 by paulparker

West Brom will stay up, they will sack matey around October time ,
I would lump on Villa myself, joe cole, senderos, & roy keane is a disaster waiting to happen
IMHO Derby may suffer a little bit of a hangover next year, im not convinced they have what it takes, if Norwich get a decent manager (again can see them sacking Adams)
they may be the better bet, Dark Horses Wolves , Brentford and Millwall (olly factor)

I Millwall get in the top six ill buy you a bottle of champers!

Annual large bet on 11:50 - Jul 4 with 1397 viewsrunningman75

Last year was convinced Ipswich were the dark horse ( not sure what happened there).

I am tempted to back Leeds to be relegated the place seems a shambles.
Annual large bet on 11:57 - Jul 4 with 1376 viewslave16

Annual large bet on 10:51 - Jul 4 by kingsburyR

I like your bet..
I am thinking west brom to go down myself..
Wigan to come up
not sure about division 1
But thinking York to come up in division 2

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Login to get fewer ads

Annual large bet on 12:09 - Jul 4 with 1351 viewsE17hoop

Annual large bet on 11:50 - Jul 4 by runningman75

Last year was convinced Ipswich were the dark horse ( not sure what happened there).

I am tempted to back Leeds to be relegated the place seems a shambles.

Leeds 7/2 to go down.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Annual large bet on 12:14 - Jul 4 with 1338 viewspaulparker

Annual large bet on 10:51 - Jul 4 by kingsburyR

there is always one team who comes up completely out of the blue in the championship
I wouldn't be surprised top see Millwall getting a play off place , Olly will wheel & deal,
I can see Brentford & Wolves doing well , Fulham will be mid table I can see them hitting a few problems & going through a couple of managers at least
BTW Moet will do nicely if it happens

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Annual large bet on 12:20 - Jul 4 with 1319 viewssimmo

I'd be very surprised if Brentford don't make the play offs next season. I would go for Derby and Cardiff as promoted teams.

West Brom relegated looks solid at this point, can't see a worse team then them bar maybe Villa, Burnley and us.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Annual large bet on 12:29 - Jul 4 with 1301 viewsFredManRave

Annual large bet on 12:20 - Jul 4 by simmo

I'd be very surprised if Brentford don't make the play offs next season. I would go for Derby and Cardiff as promoted teams.

West Brom relegated looks solid at this point, can't see a worse team then them bar maybe Villa, Burnley and us.

Is that in order of level of worseness? I hope so, as it would mean we achieve our goal of 16th place...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Annual large bet on 12:36 - Jul 4 with 1284 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

I think Sheffield United will take League 1, probably from Preston.
Annual large bet on 13:46 - Jul 4 with 1184 viewslave16

Annual large bet on 12:36 - Jul 4 by BrianWilliamsBeard

I think Sheffield United will take League 1, probably from Preston.

ok so had another wee look there and gonna go for this one

west brom to get relegated 3/1 not convinced by alan irvine...
wigan to get promoted 3/1 not in europe this year and I think rossler is a good manager
sheff utd to get promoted 6/4 clough had them flying last year
york to get promoted 7/2 worthington is a manager who should be operating at a higher level

£100 gets £18000
[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 13:50]

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Annual large bet on 14:37 - Jul 4 with 1115 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

I like Wigan for the Championship. Was impressed with them home and away bearing in mind the way the Europa League and cup exploits messed up their league campaign. Just a striker or two short of a PL outfit I thought.
Annual large bet on 16:44 - Jul 4 with 1038 viewsJonDoeman

Annual large bet on 14:37 - Jul 4 by Spaghetti_Hoops

I like Wigan for the Championship. Was impressed with them home and away bearing in mind the way the Europa League and cup exploits messed up their league campaign. Just a striker or two short of a PL outfit I thought.

Agree with that. They just weren't fit enough to play the way Rosler wanted them to for the 90. This season they will be, & they're my tip.

It Is What It Is !!

Annual large bet on 20:30 - Jul 4 with 934 viewsnedflanders

In league two I wouldn't be shocked to see AFC Wimbledon go well at a huge price- they've bought well so far and will be massively better than last season- (which won't be hard)!!
Annual large bet on 21:51 - Jul 4 with 872 viewskingsburyR

We all have contrasting views which will be greatly appreciated on this thread.

For those who know the lower leagues, now's your chance to shine. (we can look back in 9 months time!)

I've had a £14k, and two £3k wins on my pre-season bets.

With the knowledge on the forum I might be able to retire.

Annual large bet on 07:33 - Jul 5 with 766 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bury are a bit of a second team of mine. They have bought very well so far and should go close but don't justify 7/4 to go up IMO.

Watford have got Vydra back this season and seem to generally have bought (loaned) wisely. 7/1 to go up.

Birmingham at 9/2 to go down looks too big unless the situation with their owner and money has changed.
Annual large bet on 07:56 - Jul 5 with 749 viewsbatmanhoop

my brother does a similar bet, last season bit of a disaster for him. But a couple of seasons ago he had a bet on Yeovil to go up. Yes, the last game of the season game against Brentford. He was waiting for the final whistle when the news came over there was a last minute penalty to Brentford. The rest, as they say, is history
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024