Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Just Backs? 19:30 - Oct 19 with 1662 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Missed the game today, and finding it hard to get a sense of it from the various threads?

Sounded an awful lot better from what I can gather?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Any Just Backs? on 19:37 - Oct 19 with 1642 viewskysersosaqpr

We were really as good as they all say here. Missed four sitters, and undone by some naive defending

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Any Just Backs? on 19:38 - Oct 19 with 1631 viewsJonDoeman

Hello Brian, we played well,l if we weren't so wasteful with our chances we'd have won easy, Liverpool were crap. I came out thinking it was karma for our 3-2, where they were wasteful & we were crap!

It Is What It Is !!

Any Just Backs? on 19:40 - Oct 19 with 1609 viewsdaveB

Hard to describe really, we were brilliant for 90% of the game. Solid at the back, creative and workmanlike in midfield and caused problems up front. Every player was at least an 8 out of 10 . We again missed good chances, Austin, and Fer should both have scored in the first half and we knew that would come back on us.

First goal was sloppy defending but Sterling was play acting on the floor and conned us really, I'm not sure why the ref allowed him to take a quick free kick when he had been rolling around 10 seconds earlier. Still we should have done much better.

We kept going, Zamora outstanding up front and Fer was a mixture of Taarabt like showboating and Shaun Derry like work in midfield, i take it all back about him, he was superb today until that bloody free kick. We fully deserved the equaliser. Then Liverpool broke, Henry had two chances to take Sterling out with a foul, he'd have been sent off but we'd have drawn 1-1. After that we went again equalised again and then well to throw it away again was criminal.

Free kick last kick of the game if it goes out and Fer dinks it straight to a Liverpool player.

As I say though hard to moan about any of the players or manager today, redknapp looked like he cared for a change, all of the side played well. Yun stood out, he was motm for me but Dunne, Isla, Caulker, Sandro, Henry, Austin everyone really gave it all they had.

That hurt losing today but performance wise we can't ask for much more really, light years ahead of anything we've produced this season.

I would expect the Redknapp out stuff to gather momentum still but after today would be astonished if he gets the boot before Christmas
Any Just Backs? on 19:41 - Oct 19 with 1603 viewscollegeranger

Best display I have seen this season - missed Sunderland and Hull as on my hols. True to form we turned it on against an alleged "big side" - need to carry the performance thru to the Villa game. If we do - we could bury them! I have to say Liverpool were rotten and look a pale imitation of their side last year. How much was Suarez????
Any Just Backs? on 19:43 - Oct 19 with 1571 viewsGloucs_R

Just back...

Immense first half, totally dominated them for the first 30 mins. Should have been two up by half time - just needed some luck.

Second half was more even but on balance I think we shaded it. Got hit on the counter too easily though and errors at the back / loss of concentration cost us.

McCarthy was rock solid, looks a very good investment.
Yun looked a bit lost at times but kepy pace with Sterling
Zamora won everything
Vargas took both chances
Sando and Fer looked strong in midfield

Loads of positives, crap result and one we didnt deserve

Worst Liverpool following I have ever seen at LR. Were they on a sponsored silence day?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Any Just Backs? on 19:47 - Oct 19 with 1553 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Any Just Backs? on 19:40 - Oct 19 by daveB

Hard to describe really, we were brilliant for 90% of the game. Solid at the back, creative and workmanlike in midfield and caused problems up front. Every player was at least an 8 out of 10 . We again missed good chances, Austin, and Fer should both have scored in the first half and we knew that would come back on us.

First goal was sloppy defending but Sterling was play acting on the floor and conned us really, I'm not sure why the ref allowed him to take a quick free kick when he had been rolling around 10 seconds earlier. Still we should have done much better.

We kept going, Zamora outstanding up front and Fer was a mixture of Taarabt like showboating and Shaun Derry like work in midfield, i take it all back about him, he was superb today until that bloody free kick. We fully deserved the equaliser. Then Liverpool broke, Henry had two chances to take Sterling out with a foul, he'd have been sent off but we'd have drawn 1-1. After that we went again equalised again and then well to throw it away again was criminal.

Free kick last kick of the game if it goes out and Fer dinks it straight to a Liverpool player.

As I say though hard to moan about any of the players or manager today, redknapp looked like he cared for a change, all of the side played well. Yun stood out, he was motm for me but Dunne, Isla, Caulker, Sandro, Henry, Austin everyone really gave it all they had.

That hurt losing today but performance wise we can't ask for much more really, light years ahead of anything we've produced this season.

I would expect the Redknapp out stuff to gather momentum still but after today would be astonished if he gets the boot before Christmas

That is a good summary Dave.
Any Just Backs? on 19:56 - Oct 19 with 1512 viewssmegma

Had it been a boxing match the ref would've stopped it after an hour.
Any Just Backs? on 20:02 - Oct 19 with 1483 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks lads, especially Dave for the great long report. I must watch it to catch up.

Had hoped that the two weeks would stand to us and it seems to have. Great. More hopeful after hearing that, despite the loss.

Login to get fewer ads

Any Just Backs? on 20:13 - Oct 19 with 1446 viewsessextaxiboy

Absolutely gutted ...
Any Just Backs? on 20:27 - Oct 19 with 1402 viewsted_hendrix

When we deservedly equalised at 2-2 the lower loft went absolutely fcking mental, to have those scouse bastards get a winner under those circumstances was gut wrenching.
Our overall performance today was way-way better than it has been this season and last season too.
We've lost undeservedly so tough shit that happens in football but we've been asking for a better performance from the players and we got it today, no doubt about that.
The winner for those bastards was a complete smack in the teeth.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Any Just Backs? on 20:56 - Oct 19 with 1292 viewsstevenagehoop

Any Just Backs? on 20:27 - Oct 19 by ted_hendrix

When we deservedly equalised at 2-2 the lower loft went absolutely fcking mental, to have those scouse bastards get a winner under those circumstances was gut wrenching.
Our overall performance today was way-way better than it has been this season and last season too.
We've lost undeservedly so tough shit that happens in football but we've been asking for a better performance from the players and we got it today, no doubt about that.
The winner for those bastards was a complete smack in the teeth.

Agreed

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Any Just Backs? on 22:59 - Oct 19 with 1159 viewsElHoop

I wasn't anywhere near as downbeat as most were beforehand but now I've caught up with the rest of you I think. If your glass was half empty or worse beforehand then I suppose its got more in it now. My glass was half full but now it's emptier because this was a game that we could have and should have won and we've lost it through our own incompetence. Yes we did some good things and they weren't very good but it's 2-3 to them.
Any Just Backs? on 10:00 - Oct 20 with 1027 viewsA40Bosh

Just back..................

........Online Brian.

I had 5 of the Mrs' nephews in their 20's over from Castlelyons for the weekend. 4 of them Liverpool fans and one a Man U fan. It was their first visit to LR and when I met them outside there were really impressed not only with the atmosphere inside the ground and the view from the lower school end, but how well QPR had played and they had not expected us to play like we did based on previous reports. Said we looked nothing like a team who were at the bottom of the league and if we play like that going forward we should be alright. But that's the point isn't it..................

If you ignore the result and the naivety/back luck at the very end, from my own point of view, for most of that match, I did not recognize that QPR team from this season or most of last season. Not only did we get stuck into them from the off and kept the pressure up, when we did have possession we were more incisive and penetrating than we have been for a long time.

When I looked at the team sheet I thought we would be doomed, Dune back in for Rio and Green dropped. Playing three across the back against Sterling, I thought the 8-0 Saints - Sunderland result might not be the biggest one of the weekend.

How wrong I was.

To be honest, we also benefited from a combination of Dunne being able to put a 30m clearance into Bobby's immediate area and Bobby had a great game yesterday, the best I think he has played for us. We were joking in the first half that he must be on steroids. Caused them a lot of issues.

Charlie Austin looked ok in the first half but he appeared pretty anonymous in the second. Vargas might be our Remy for this season. Right place, right time and that cut back inside just ahead of his first goal was classy and hopefully a sign of good things to come.

We have to continue in this vein now against Villa and put them to the sword next Monday night to prove that yesterday was not a flash in the pan. If we play against Chelsea and Man City in the same vein, then that is all we ask. If we go down fighting against the top teams, then there is no shame in that. Just no more 4-0 pathetic drubbings and then start picking up wins against the rest of the division.

We lost Ned and Sandro, but we scored two goals without them. Really time to push on now over the next few weeks to see if Harry still has something in the tank.

Thought he lost the plot in the post match presser and the club really should have edited out the "F" word from an official site video when he got annoyed with the screen behind him. Not good from a PR perspective.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Any Just Backs? on 10:37 - Oct 20 with 975 viewslondonscottish

The Lower Loft looked truly mental on TV. Me and my kids were going bezerk in our living room in Willesden. Fun while it lasted.

Still, an amazing team performance.

We've been waiting a long time for a Warnock-team style showing like that.

Every player in every position chasing every ball down rattling the Scousers and looking confident.

More of that please.

(but will Harry revert to his normal bore draw selection for Villa.....fkin hope not. Injuries aside I'd like that starting 11 - but with Vargas on earlier)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Any Just Backs? on 10:43 - Oct 20 with 962 viewssdm1508

People keep saying that Hoddle took training a lot of last week and it showed in our performance? Anyone have more details on this? Was this the case? Was he at the training ground more than normal? Also I keep reading about Vargas celebration for the first goal and not being Harry's right sort or something. Anyone know what this is about?
Any Just Backs? on 14:04 - Oct 20 with 855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Any Just Backs? on 10:00 - Oct 20 by A40Bosh

Just back..................

........Online Brian.

I had 5 of the Mrs' nephews in their 20's over from Castlelyons for the weekend. 4 of them Liverpool fans and one a Man U fan. It was their first visit to LR and when I met them outside there were really impressed not only with the atmosphere inside the ground and the view from the lower school end, but how well QPR had played and they had not expected us to play like we did based on previous reports. Said we looked nothing like a team who were at the bottom of the league and if we play like that going forward we should be alright. But that's the point isn't it..................

If you ignore the result and the naivety/back luck at the very end, from my own point of view, for most of that match, I did not recognize that QPR team from this season or most of last season. Not only did we get stuck into them from the off and kept the pressure up, when we did have possession we were more incisive and penetrating than we have been for a long time.

When I looked at the team sheet I thought we would be doomed, Dune back in for Rio and Green dropped. Playing three across the back against Sterling, I thought the 8-0 Saints - Sunderland result might not be the biggest one of the weekend.

How wrong I was.

To be honest, we also benefited from a combination of Dunne being able to put a 30m clearance into Bobby's immediate area and Bobby had a great game yesterday, the best I think he has played for us. We were joking in the first half that he must be on steroids. Caused them a lot of issues.

Charlie Austin looked ok in the first half but he appeared pretty anonymous in the second. Vargas might be our Remy for this season. Right place, right time and that cut back inside just ahead of his first goal was classy and hopefully a sign of good things to come.

We have to continue in this vein now against Villa and put them to the sword next Monday night to prove that yesterday was not a flash in the pan. If we play against Chelsea and Man City in the same vein, then that is all we ask. If we go down fighting against the top teams, then there is no shame in that. Just no more 4-0 pathetic drubbings and then start picking up wins against the rest of the division.

We lost Ned and Sandro, but we scored two goals without them. Really time to push on now over the next few weeks to see if Harry still has something in the tank.

Thought he lost the plot in the post match presser and the club really should have edited out the "F" word from an official site video when he got annoyed with the screen behind him. Not good from a PR perspective.

Thanks for that Bosh. Hope the outlaws enjoyed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024