Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm ? 13:02 - Dec 7 with 5577 viewsonlyrinmoray

Anyone know whats happening have the not in my backyard group won ? This is more of a priority for me than the new stadium. A Youth Academy would attract more Raheem Sterling potential youngsters, whether they would ever get a game is another matter of course Once Harry moves on maybe
Warren Farm ? on 13:30 - Dec 7 with 3177 viewshoopdog

Harry's record at Spurs W/ham was great for young players progress so you reckon it's his fault our youth program has been shlit
Therefor I'm not going to tell you what I know about W/F
Warren Farm ? on 13:49 - Dec 7 with 3148 viewsonlyrinmoray

Warren Farm ? on 13:30 - Dec 7 by hoopdog

Harry's record at Spurs W/ham was great for young players progress so you reckon it's his fault our youth program has been shlit
Therefor I'm not going to tell you what I know about W/F

Ah go on don't be a tease....

When was the last time a youth team player got a game ? Harriman at Liverpool last game of the season about 3 years ago a dead game, and has never been seen since Decent facilities will attract better players
I remember watching our u18s thrash Liverpool 5-0 a year or so ago in Newark USA, they had beaten Inter Milan in the previous round Where are they now ?
Warren Farm ? on 13:56 - Dec 7 with 3130 viewshoopdog

Warren Farm ? on 13:49 - Dec 7 by onlyrinmoray

Ah go on don't be a tease....

When was the last time a youth team player got a game ? Harriman at Liverpool last game of the season about 3 years ago a dead game, and has never been seen since Decent facilities will attract better players
I remember watching our u18s thrash Liverpool 5-0 a year or so ago in Newark USA, they had beaten Inter Milan in the previous round Where are they now ?

Yeah but none can get a game above league one
so I'm not going to tell you either
Warren Farm ? on 14:49 - Dec 7 with 3038 viewsQPRDave

What's the point, anyone with any sort of exceptional skill get's taken off us by the "elite" clubs, for f-all
Warren Farm ? on 19:09 - Dec 7 with 2860 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm ? on 14:49 - Dec 7 by QPRDave

What's the point, anyone with any sort of exceptional skill get's taken off us by the "elite" clubs, for f-all

Well that's kind of the point, under the scandalous EPPP regulations forced through by the big clubs by way of bribery clubs with category a academies can take players from lower ranked ones far easier than they ever could before - so we need a category A academy if we want to hang onto players.
Warren Farm ? on 19:14 - Dec 7 with 2840 viewshoopdog

Warren Farm ? on 19:09 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Well that's kind of the point, under the scandalous EPPP regulations forced through by the big clubs by way of bribery clubs with category a academies can take players from lower ranked ones far easier than they ever could before - so we need a category A academy if we want to hang onto players.

EPPP ? Please
Warren Farm ? on 19:17 - Dec 7 with 2826 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm ? on 19:14 - Dec 7 by hoopdog

EPPP ? Please

Elite Player Performance Plan. Basically says if you have a Category A academy - Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs etc - you can turn up at lower category academies unannounced, watch players, approach players, take players cheaply, basically do whatever the hell you like. Designed to make it easier for for the bigger clubs o grab the best younger players even cheaper than they do no. Sold as a chance to get talented youngsters into the best academies, but of course we know the actual result is the best young players never play any proper football. Forced through because the Premier league threatened to cut off what little money they do filter down into the lower divisions if they didn't agree to it. A disgrace basically.
Warren Farm ? on 19:23 - Dec 7 with 2802 viewshoopdog

Warren Farm ? on 19:17 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Elite Player Performance Plan. Basically says if you have a Category A academy - Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs etc - you can turn up at lower category academies unannounced, watch players, approach players, take players cheaply, basically do whatever the hell you like. Designed to make it easier for for the bigger clubs o grab the best younger players even cheaper than they do no. Sold as a chance to get talented youngsters into the best academies, but of course we know the actual result is the best young players never play any proper football. Forced through because the Premier league threatened to cut off what little money they do filter down into the lower divisions if they didn't agree to it. A disgrace basically.

Ah the long arm of capitolism reaching into football eh
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm ? on 19:27 - Dec 7 with 2795 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm ? on 19:23 - Dec 7 by hoopdog

Ah the long arm of capitolism reaching into football eh

Then they do a study into poor England performance, lack of English players in Premier League etc and come up with a solution that the big clubs should be allowed to have a B team in the lower divisions so all these youngsters have somewhere to play! How about having some rules that stop clubs that stock their first teams with mediocre £20m players from the continent from hoarding young English players who are never going to get a chance to play?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Warren Farm ? on 19:28 - Dec 7 with 2782 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm ? on 19:27 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Then they do a study into poor England performance, lack of English players in Premier League etc and come up with a solution that the big clubs should be allowed to have a B team in the lower divisions so all these youngsters have somewhere to play! How about having some rules that stop clubs that stock their first teams with mediocre £20m players from the continent from hoarding young English players who are never going to get a chance to play?

Would love to see this, and I don't even support England!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm ? on 19:36 - Dec 7 with 2758 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm ? on 19:28 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Would love to see this, and I don't even support England!

IMO there needs to be some sort of rule that says you cannot buy a player under the age of 22 until they've played certain numbers of first team games - say 30 when they're 18, 40 when they're 19, 50 when they're 20 and so on.
- It would stop the ridiculous situation where players are hoarded if they look half decent at 12/13.
- It would keep young English players at clubs where they're more likely to play first team games - would stop things like Tottenham picking up Bostock and Parrett from us and Palace, never using them for five or six years, then releasing them on when their progress has stalled and they're 24-25.
- It would see the lower division clubs paid a fairer price for their players, because you'll get a lot more for a 21 year old with 100 first team appearances than a 15 year old with nothing.
- That in turn would make it more worthwhile for smaller clubs to create their own players, because they know they're going to get to use them and be paid fairly for them, so as a sport as a whole in this country we'd be producing more players.
- It would stop this ridiculous situation where the bigger clubs grab players in case they turn out to be decent, and to stop them being decent at rivals, rather than because they have any actual need to sign them. Chelsea have something ridiculous like 25 young players out on loan, and haven't really graduated a youth team product to their first team in ten years - they just have them to stop Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal having them IMO. This way these players would at least have a season of first team football under their belt, and as they'd be more expensive clubs may think more carefully about hoarding them.

Pipe dream of course.
Warren Farm ? on 19:45 - Dec 7 with 2739 views1BobbyHazell

Warren Farm ? on 19:27 - Dec 7 by Northernr

I can still remember Danny Mills c**tchopping his way through a press conference trying to sell the B team idea. He suggested, "with all due respect", that fans of "say a club like Hartlepool" would rather see their team play Man Utd B than Torquay.

Urrrgh.
Warren Farm ? on 19:56 - Dec 7 with 2716 viewsQPRDave

Warren Farm ? on 19:09 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Oh right....so having the facilty would make us category A ?
If so agree very important would love to see us bring through players again
Warren Farm ? on 20:10 - Dec 7 with 2680 viewsonlyrinmoray

Warren Farm ? on 19:56 - Dec 7 by QPRDave

Oh right....so having the facilty would make us category A ?
If so agree very important would love to see us bring through players again

Ok back to square one then ..If we have decent training facilities we attract better young players who at a club the size of ours should be in with a chance of a first team place.

Whats happening about Warren Farm then ?
Warren Farm ? on 20:20 - Dec 7 with 2663 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm ? on 20:10 - Dec 7 by onlyrinmoray

Ok back to square one then ..If we have decent training facilities we attract better young players who at a club the size of ours should be in with a chance of a first team place.

I think its been mothballed for now.

Which is depressing,if it actually has. I honestly feel our club hasn't improved in terms of stability since several years ago. Its nice to be in the prem but its come at a cost which I don't think we can afford.
Warren Farm was key for me,as it would start a long term objective. I think we have the coaching staff that would make the youth set up successful and a good catchment area for young players.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 20:55]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm ? on 20:22 - Dec 7 with 2654 viewsthemodfather

warren farm is innocent and never did anyfink, m'lud.
Warren Farm ? on 20:26 - Dec 7 with 2630 viewshoopdog

Warren Farm ? on 20:10 - Dec 7 by onlyrinmoray

Well if you really want to know what I know about WF

absolutely nothing
Warren Farm ? on 20:39 - Dec 7 with 2592 viewsonlyrinmoray

Warren Farm ? on 20:26 - Dec 7 by hoopdog

Well if you really want to know what I know about WF

absolutely nothing

Figured that out ages ago
Warren Farm ? on 20:50 - Dec 7 with 2554 viewshoopdog

Warren Farm ? on 20:39 - Dec 7 by onlyrinmoray

Figured that out ages ago

Last I read on it green light 90% I'm sure Northern will know more on it
Warren Farm ? on 21:07 - Dec 7 with 2510 viewsTacticalR

Warren Farm ? on 19:17 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Greg Dyke is a thousand times more devious than Sepp Blatter. At least with Blatter you pays your money and you gets your tournament, whereas with Dyke he changes the rules to make theft legal.

Air hostess clique

Warren Farm ? on 21:13 - Dec 7 with 2490 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm ? on 20:50 - Dec 7 by hoopdog

Last I read on it green light 90% I'm sure Northern will know more on it

Not a clue mate. I strongly suspect we're more likely to go down the Caterham route than end up with a new stadium or training ground but I'm notoriously pessimistic.
Warren Farm ? on 01:09 - Dec 8 with 2353 viewsSonofNorfolt

The Ram and I drove past it last night, and I explained that
It is perhaps the most perfect location that you could find.
F.uck those kite flying, dog sh.ittimg Nimby lying Rangers
Haters.
This and the ground must happen. Well, the ground anyway.
Warren Farm ? on 09:03 - Dec 8 with 2256 viewsonlyrinmoray

Warren Farm ? on 01:09 - Dec 8 by SonofNorfolt

The Ram and I drove past it last night, and I explained that
It is perhaps the most perfect location that you could find.
F.uck those kite flying, dog sh.ittimg Nimby lying Rangers
Haters.
This and the ground must happen. Well, the ground anyway.

Son of Norfolt... Talking of perfect places for a training ground What have they done to Kensington Playing Fields by the Target roundabout I used to play there in my youth it looks very weird on Google earth a bit like a cross between a lunar landscape and Stonehenge
That would have been an excellent site
Warren Farm ? on 12:47 - Dec 8 with 2132 viewsMrSheen

Warren Farm ? on 09:03 - Dec 8 by onlyrinmoray

Son of Norfolt... Talking of perfect places for a training ground What have they done to Kensington Playing Fields by the Target roundabout I used to play there in my youth it looks very weird on Google earth a bit like a cross between a lunar landscape and Stonehenge

Motor bike scrambling I think. Lots of people on the hill on a Sunday.
Warren Farm ? on 01:48 - Dec 10 with 1978 viewsSonofNorfolt

Warren Farm ? on 09:03 - Dec 8 by onlyrinmoray

You're not wrong.
Played on those pot holed pitches myself.
Now, it is more akin to the Highlands than Middlesex.
Waste from the original Wembley Stadium was used to construct two Avebury like mounds, that if you drove past on the A40 now you would probably crash your car.
Certainly different.
Looks like it could be a dogging hotspot.
If not, why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024