Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half 20:37 - Jan 1 with 1462 viewsbaz_qpr

1st half we played well, contained them to a degree and should have gone in at least 2 up (2 really bad misses from Zamora)

2nd half we seem to abandon what worked well for us and instead of retaining the diamond with Joey at the tip we reverted to vanilla 4-4-2 with Fer huggling the left touchline and as such we stopped pressing so high and invited them onto us.

Our ability to retain the ball is worrying too, I think Charlie has a had a poor few games over Christmas and often today seemed to find himself in the channels where we don't want him. If either of those chances had fallen to Austin instead of Zamora I think we would be home and dry.

Also think it was criminal that HR did not have ready and make a substitution in injury time especially when Hoillet had skewed it would have taken some of the heat out of it, and given us time to set up properly
Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 1422 viewsW12SG2

Pretty much how I saw it - lack of a 2nd goal when we were well on top was the killer. Zamora does the holding up job well but you don't expect him to score and that's not good enough for a premier league team - he should be scoring 10-15 a season and should have had one today to settle things. Having said that, they all put in a shift and I can't fault the players - even Hoillet whose confidence must be shot and can't help being shi#e. The management should have set us up to put it to bed in the 2nd half, not just try and hold on.
Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 21:04 - Jan 1 with 1397 viewsactonman

That's what we do ! Try to defend to get a point away or defend a lead at home. Problem is we're not very good at it !!

One day redknapp might actually realise this as he gets enough fcuking clues (see away form)
Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 08:11 - Jan 2 with 1248 viewsLoft1979

Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 20:55 - Jan 1 by W12SG2

Pretty much how I saw it - lack of a 2nd goal when we were well on top was the killer. Zamora does the holding up job well but you don't expect him to score and that's not good enough for a premier league team - he should be scoring 10-15 a season and should have had one today to settle things. Having said that, they all put in a shift and I can't fault the players - even Hoillet whose confidence must be shot and can't help being shi#e. The management should have set us up to put it to bed in the 2nd half, not just try and hold on.

Not fair to pick on one player.
Especially since we have shut out a much better side who then bring in possibly the best power forward in the prem. Essentially what i see this post point to is that BZ is a really really poor mans Wil Bony.
Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 09:02 - Jan 2 with 1172 viewsdaveB

Amazing how differently people see games, I thought they ripped us apart for most of the game, If Bony had started we would have been 4 down by half time, that Gomis missed chance after chance. I thought we did quite well to not only stay in the game but stay ahead for so long. The switch at half time worked at first as we started the second half well. We had chances to kill it off but it took a pretty special goal from Bony to nick a point. Even then we almost won it at the end.

i find it hard to be to critical of the team or manager when we have every player on the pitch giving absolutely everything for the cause, a draw seemed a fair result overall especially as Green should have been sent off and Routledge was pretty unlucky to be sent off
Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 09:52 - Jan 2 with 1132 viewsstevec

Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 09:02 - Jan 2 by daveB

Amazing how differently people see games, I thought they ripped us apart for most of the game, If Bony had started we would have been 4 down by half time, that Gomis missed chance after chance. I thought we did quite well to not only stay in the game but stay ahead for so long. The switch at half time worked at first as we started the second half well. We had chances to kill it off but it took a pretty special goal from Bony to nick a point. Even then we almost won it at the end.

i find it hard to be to critical of the team or manager when we have every player on the pitch giving absolutely everything for the cause, a draw seemed a fair result overall especially as Green should have been sent off and Routledge was pretty unlucky to be sent off

Exactly. Sadly the Brian Williams of this generation stepped onto the pitch and it was all downhill from that moment on.

I think I'm right in saying Lee Cook never kicked a ball in the Premier League whereas our Junior has spent almost his entire career in it. Football is indeed a cruel game.
Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 10:09 - Jan 2 with 1104 viewsfrancisbowles

Why did we switch from the diamond 2nd half on 09:02 - Jan 2 by daveB

Agree with all that DaveB, I thought we showed great determination from the kickoff. They did threaten to overrun us in the first ten minutes but we hung on, kept closing them down and brought them down to our level i.e. made it a scrap.

This is what we are going to need as we seek a rapid improvement in our away form.

I can't understand why he brought on Hoilett though. Why not a straight swap Phillips for BZ and leave Fer where he was. MP is a big lad and very quick. Mutch was another option. Alternatively, if he did want to change it on the left Traore would have been better than Junior, who is getting worse each time I see him, especially when he thinks he is Danny Shitu taking it into the corner!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024