Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you think Tony will do next? 23:59 - Mar 15 with 2074 viewsSimonJames

I have a feeling Villa and Burnley will both finish ahead of Hull and Sunderland. If that happens it means we have to overcome a 6 goal deficit (and -11 goal difference) to overtake Hull.
Given the sort of starting line up CR and LF devised last Saturday, it would take a huge leap of faith to believe that we can now avoid relegation.

Irrespective of what sort of "back to basics" and rebuilding we want to see next year, not getting our snouts in the PL money trough for the 2016-19 seasons is an absolute fecking disaster. With even the relegated clubs picking up a minimum £92m per annum, trying to compete with that level of funding will be "somewhat challenging".
The owners have just written off £60m of their own money. TF is worth about £360m, which is about 10% of the net worth of Foolham's owner, and just over 1% of Man City's owner. So he is probably not really bankrolled enough to be playing in the big league.

If you were Tony, what would you be thinking now?
1) Resign yourself to the prospect of owning a Championship club for several years to come.
2) Cut your losses, and try buy a different Championship club that is already almost "the finished article" so that you can realistically push for promotion next season
3) Get out of football altogether

If he is truly a football philanthropist, if he has truly learnt his lesson, if he has truly backed the right horse with Sir Les, then we may see an interesting next few years in the club's history. (But probably no bigger stadium).
But if he is still the savvy businessman who built his airline, and if he wants to preserve his wealth, I suspect he will walk at the soonest opportunity and leave us up the proverbial.

100% of people who drink water will die.

What do you think Tony will do next? on 01:29 - Mar 16 with 2028 viewskensalriser

Fernandes is not the major financial backer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What do you think Tony will do next? on 01:55 - Mar 16 with 2009 viewsPunteR

I honestly cant see things improving under TF over the next few years. If we get relegated I think he should step down.
I would then pick 3). Get out of football altogether.
He's a football buffoon,or a fooboon or buffball,or noofball,footbuff or summink..
I'll go now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What do you think Tony will do next? on 07:25 - Mar 16 with 1859 viewsJamie

What do you think Tony will do next? on 01:29 - Mar 16 by kensalriser

As the wealthiest member of the Tune Group, he most certainly is.
What do you think Tony will do next? on 07:37 - Mar 16 with 1834 viewsthemodfather

he'll twitter we have signed a dream player and unveil....marlon king
announced on twitter of course
then down to the crown and sceptre to buy all the intelligenti an ale or 2
What do you think Tony will do next? on 07:41 - Mar 16 with 1816 viewsSpiritofGregory

Needs to stop kidding himself that he can be a successful football chairman and stand aside. For a start you can't have a chairman that's trying to run other major businesses at the same time. Being a football chairman is a full time job and needs someone who understands football and can see through all the sleazy money grabbing character's within the game.
What do you think Tony will do next? on 08:16 - Mar 16 with 1777 viewsGetMeRangers

What do you think Tony will do next? on 07:41 - Mar 16 by SpiritofGregory

Needs to stop kidding himself that he can be a successful football chairman and stand aside. For a start you can't have a chairman that's trying to run other major businesses at the same time. Being a football chairman is a full time job and needs someone who understands football and can see through all the sleazy money grabbing character's within the game.

Do you actually know anything about business, let alone running football clubs?
What do you think Tony will do next? on 09:29 - Mar 16 with 1699 viewsSomersetHoops

The best thing he could do would be to sell his stake in QPR to the Mittals.

The next best thing is for him to have really have accepted his mistakes and their cost, have learnt the lessons and stay. He should spend time doing a proper analysis of QPR and what made them successful in the very few times they were over the last 100+ years. He should also analyse clubs who have been successful with low budgets and learn how they achieve it and put people in place to do the same here. Hopefully Les can stay in post in that scenario and Chris Ramsey can revert to his best position at the club after a proper review at season end taking into account the awful squad he was left with. I am assuming we will go down, but don't really blame CR for that, although I am concerned he has made at least one unacknowledged error and would have been more confident in him staying in his current position if he had admitted his mistake.

The worst thing would be for our current owners to cut their losses and abandon QPR in the mess they have made, in the same way that a***hole Redknapp did

Who's Next?

What do you think Tony will do next? on 09:35 - Mar 16 with 1680 viewsTheBlob

Walk away and accept your loss - bad move in the first place.
These are football fans you're dealing with here,they're bound to turn on you eventually.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

What do you think Tony will do next? on 09:41 - Mar 16 with 1660 viewsSimonJames

What do you think Tony will do next? on 01:29 - Mar 16 by kensalriser

Last time I knew, he had 66% of shares and the Mittals had 33%. Have things changed?

100% of people who drink water will die.

What do you think Tony will do next? on 09:57 - Mar 16 with 1632 viewspomanjou

What do you think Tony will do next? on 09:29 - Mar 16 by SomersetHoops

The best thing he could do would be to sell his stake in QPR to the Mittals.

The next best thing is for him to have really have accepted his mistakes and their cost, have learnt the lessons and stay. He should spend time doing a proper analysis of QPR and what made them successful in the very few times they were over the last 100+ years. He should also analyse clubs who have been successful with low budgets and learn how they achieve it and put people in place to do the same here. Hopefully Les can stay in post in that scenario and Chris Ramsey can revert to his best position at the club after a proper review at season end taking into account the awful squad he was left with. I am assuming we will go down, but don't really blame CR for that, although I am concerned he has made at least one unacknowledged error and would have been more confident in him staying in his current position if he had admitted his mistake.

The worst thing would be for our current owners to cut their losses and abandon QPR in the mess they have made, in the same way that a***hole Redknapp did

Not possible to cut his losses by any material amount as most of the loans are unsecured and he would never get away with selling the ground without an alternative being in place. Reckon he will stick with it.

Chairman are not supposed to run the club. The chairman and the board set the strategy and appoint working directors to actually manage the club. Having a working chairman seldom succeeds. TF's record at the club is for very poor decision making with very poor appoints of the right people in senior executive roles.

He needs a couple of non exec directors on his board which makes me eminently qualified! However, as I, like most of the posters on here hardly know a cross shot
from a long shot I am disqualified on technical ability.

So a couple of non execs with deep football knowledge is whats needed. Is he heading for that with Les around? It may be so.

Whatever, its going to be mass clearout time on and off the field at the end of the season.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 9:58]

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

What do you think Tony will do next? on 09:58 - Mar 16 with 1627 viewsdaveB

Whether we stay up or go down things need to change. Signs are promising that we are starting to look within the club for players and starting to cut the big spending but going down that route is not easy and can years to seen any positive results.
What do you think Tony will do next? on 10:04 - Mar 16 with 1609 viewsnadera78

Tune aren't going anywhere as long as Old Oak is still a possibility.
What do you think Tony will do next? on 10:09 - Mar 16 with 1591 viewsDiscodroids

appoint john barrowman as manager?

weve tried everything else.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What do you think Tony will do next? on 10:14 - Mar 16 with 1578 viewsEastR

What do you think Tony will do next? on 10:04 - Mar 16 by nadera78

Tune aren't going anywhere as long as Old Oak is still a possibility.

Spot on.

Last week down in Gloucestershire there was some major gambling going on. Some paid off: £50,000 @ 5/1 Windsor Park nice work by someone; others didn’t: collective groans at Annie Power’s demise.

Down in W12 there’s been some major property speculation unfolding for the past 3 or 4 years, and two relegations later the odds on that paying off are going to look less attractive by the minute.
The collective pockets of the Tune group are arguably not deep enough to sustain more than another year or two out of the top flight.

But with the Oasis of Old Oak tantalisingly within reach, and a £60m top up fee just stumped up, it’s not quite time to exit.

But that pile of poker chips is looking grimmer.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 13:22]

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

What do you think Tony will do next? on 13:16 - Mar 16 with 1395 viewskensalriser

What do you think Tony will do next? on 07:25 - Mar 16 by Jamie

As the wealthiest member of the Tune Group, he most certainly is.

Does he not have partners in Tune Group?

Regardless, there is no doubt in my mind that there are financial backers behind Fernandes. He isn't wealthy enough to be bankrolling this on his own.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What do you think Tony will do next? on 13:22 - Mar 16 with 1371 viewsJamie

Yes, there are 3 partners in the Tune Group of which TF is the wealthiest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024