Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All down to the last day again 16:46 - Apr 6 with 9934 viewsGetMeRangers

Updated 28 April
Started by assuming 36 will see you safe.... Is that what is needed? Remaining games

Leicester: West Brom (A) Swansea (H) Burnley (A) Chelscum(H) Newcastle (H) Southampton (H) Sunderland (A) QPR (H). Five maybe six winnable games, just seems a tall order to get 14 points from those games. LLLLWDWD - 30
Actual WWW - now 39

Burnley Arsenal (H) Everton (A) Leicester (H) West Ham (A) Hull (A) Stoke (H) Villa (A) Five winnable games maybe six. With their form of recent it seems possible they may get 11 points they need LDWLWLW - 35
Actual LLL... now 31

QPR Villa (A) Chelscum (H) West Ham (H) Liverpool (A) Man City (A) Newcastle (H) Lecicester (A) Four winnable. 11 points seems unlikely. LDWLLWD - 33
Actual DLL... now 30

Villa QPR (H) Spurs (A) Man City (A) Everton (H) West Ham (H) Southampton (A) Burnley (H). Three possibly four winnable. Lose on Tuesday and can see them struggling to pick up eight more points WLLLDLL - 32
Actual DWL...now 33

Hull Southampton (A) Liverpool (H) Palace (A) Arsenal (H) Burnley (H) Spurs (A) Manure (H). One possibly two winnable games. Cant see them getting to 36. Quite possibly only getting one more point LLLLLLL - 28
Actual LWW...now 34

Sunderland Palace (H) Stoke (A) Southampton (H) Everton (A) Leicester (H) Arsenal (A) Chelscum (H). Two possible three winnable DLLLLLL - 30
Actual LD... now 30

West Brom: leicester (H) Palace (A) Liverpool (H) Manure (A) Newcastel (A) Chelcum (H) Arsenal (A). Surely can pick up 3 points to get to 36. Pressure on if they dont pick them up in the next two WDLLDL - 38
Actual LWD... now 38

On my guess: Revised
Leicester 39
West Brom 38
Hull 34
Villa 33
Burnley 31
QPR Sunderland 30

However final day would look like - before KO? (Revised and all so close) - West Brom Leicester and Villa safe

West Brom Leicester 38
Hull 34
Villa 33
Sunderland 30
QPR 29
Burnley 28

Revised after 28th
Hull's win against Liverpool has not quite made them safe but it has made our task seem almost impossible now.
Very few teams seem to be interested now, but we seem unable to take advantage. Barring an upset at Man City or Liverpool, that is pretty well it IMO

[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 11:02]
All down to the last day again on 16:54 - Apr 6 with 5796 viewsstowmarketrange

I'd settle for it going to the last day as long as its in our own hands.Win and we stay up.Yes please.
All down to the last day again on 09:08 - Apr 8 with 5474 viewsGetMeRangers

Revised after last nights great result. Of course a win for us would have been better but with such a weak side out, against them, Villa really needed to win that. The draw was a very poor result for them
All down to the last day again on 09:11 - Apr 8 with 5467 viewsJonDoeman

All down to the last day again on 16:54 - Apr 6 by stowmarketrange

I'd settle for it going to the last day as long as its in our own hands.Win and we stay up.Yes please.

I'd take that now as well.

It Is What It Is !!

All down to the last day again on 09:26 - Apr 8 with 5420 viewsCFW

All down to the last day again on 09:08 - Apr 8 by GetMeRangers

Revised after last nights great result. Of course a win for us would have been better but with such a weak side out, against them, Villa really needed to win that. The draw was a very poor result for them

Totally agree - whilst it was disappointing not to have got all three points last night (when we should have albeit against the run of play in the first half) think it does them more damage. In these situations I am sure they are doing the same as us and looking at games left to play - on paper you would target 3 points at home against a team below you in the league with a piss poor away record. They score three goals (something they just do not do) and still do not win the game.

If they get well beat on Saturday their heads will be down along with their confidence. They do however have a proven goalscorer in Benteke who showed last night that he can score goals big, big player for them and might just make the difference.

One thing is for sure we need all our players to stand up and be counted losing Vargas is a big blow as he was just starting to play well and making a difference to the team. If we can get Dunne and Fer back that will be a big plus also Adel - how can he be injured? he never plays!!!!!
All down to the last day again on 10:02 - Apr 8 with 5366 viewsdodge_stoke_r

If we continue to pick up points at the poor rate that we have done so far (about 0,8 per game), we should reach 31 points. So we only need a slight improvement in form, as we have seen in the last few days. Then 33/35 isnt IMHO to big an ask. Its looking like its going to go down to the last day. Personally, I think it will be Leicester, Hull and either us, or Burnley. Sunderlands extra point means they only need 6 points or so as does Villas extra point. And in Benteke, Villa might just have a player to score enough goals to scrape them through. Be tight though! How much better will our position look if we fluke a win on Sunday!!!!! I'll to that
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 14:42]
All down to the last day again on 10:26 - Apr 8 with 5318 viewsLewes_r

Looking at those run-ins I can see us still alive on the last day but needing to Beat Leicester Hull to lose and Burnley to draw

just cant see it being in our own hands

hopefully we can do the scum and change things before it gets too desperate

(really hope manure have something to play for and dont do brucie a favour)
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 10:28]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

All down to the last day again on 10:46 - Apr 8 with 5259 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't write Leicester off yet either, think they can beat Swansea, Newcastle and Southampton and can see them getting something at Burnley, That would put them in with a chance on the last day

I thinK Sunderland will just about be ok, 3 winnable home games left.

I reckon it's between the bottom 3 as it stands and Hull
All down to the last day again on 12:04 - Apr 8 with 5152 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think we'll end up on 31 points and go down.

Beat Newcastle, draw with West Ham, draw with Leicester.

Loving the goals and effort in the last few games, but our defence is simply hopeless and a few poundings from the bug teams will break our will i fear.
Login to get fewer ads

All down to the last day again on 13:13 - Apr 8 with 5050 viewseastside_r

Just sorted out my travel arrangements for Leicester.
All down to the last day again on 13:36 - Apr 8 with 5007 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am loving the update. As I mentioned on another thread I did this six games ago for all the relevant teams and I have it very close as well. However, I would be amazed if Villa don't win another game all season. Likewise, although Hull are in trouble are they really going to lose all of their games? You always get a few unexpected results around this time of the season and I am praying that we pick up one of these ourselves rather than watch the likes of Hull beat Liverpool.

Ideally Saturday the results will go our way but it seems a lot to ask for them all to do that. I am particularly interested in that WBA V Leicester game. I am thinking they (Leicester) might see a backlash from our result there last week.
All down to the last day again on 15:44 - Apr 8 with 4828 viewskensalriser

Villa: 6 points 35 total
Sunderland: 4 points 33 total
Burnley: 7 points 33 total
QPR: 7 points 33 total
Hull: 4 points 32 total
Leicester: 8 points 30 total

This is how I see it. I think we missed our chance last night and it could well end up costing us, as I don't think we'll finish above Villa now.

If it comes down to goal diff (likely), we and Sunderland are on -20, Burnley on -23, Hull on -14. Barring a big defeat for Hull, their GD will see them through if they get the points. If GD's are equal (again, likely) our superior goals scored tally - 9 ahead of Hull and Leics, more on the others - may keep us up.

The only thing I'd deduce at the moment is that Leicester are probably down but even that's not a given. I've thought all season that missed pen in the opening game will come back to haunt us...
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 15:47]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

All down to the last day again on 16:54 - Apr 8 with 4719 viewsDANRANGER

Leicester still have 5 home games so they will fancy their chances of getting out of it even though they have more ground to make up. Hull have it all to do for me, if we can pick up the expected points then I'd say we have a good chance of finishing above them. Next weekend won't be easy as we don't play and Leicester / Hull and Burnley all play at home.

I'm reasonably positive as we are scoring goals but we have to cut out the silly mistakes and we have a real chance. Liverpool and City away could be a tough week and although we would expect defeats the doubters will have us gone if we take zero points there.

I have it on the last game with a draw possibly enough to keep us up but someone will pull out surprising results and just hope it's us.
All down to the last day again on 17:22 - Apr 8 with 4669 viewsGetMeRangers

As an aside... I am on a good run of Rs results going back to Forest away on Boxing day. Havent seen them lose since. Admittedly havent been to many (away) as that was so bloody awful... along with wanting to shoot Bobby Zamora for lack of anything that night.

Will be at Leicester and seriously tempted to go to Eithad and Anfield.

Damn shame I missed out on getting Scum tickets for Sunday
All down to the last day again on 18:36 - Apr 8 with 4619 viewsjohncharles

I've been suckered into reading this because it's well thought out and is very favourable to us....
BUT, I have a rule not take these predications seriously because mayhem rules with six games to go at the end end of the season.

Still, I enjoyed reading it and I really do hope you're right
You have my permission to gloat and taunt me when we stay up.

Strong and stable my arse.

All down to the last day again on 20:09 - Apr 8 with 4580 viewsQPR_ARG

Am I right in saying we have endured 4 of the last 5 seasons without knowing in which division we would play the next until the very last day of the season?

2010-11 - We went up as Champions and we could have clinched promotion way earlier than we did. But it took us almost to one hour before kick-off of the last game of the season to hear the famous: "NO POINTS DEDUCTION" and relax.

2011-12 - The Kun Aguero's 94th minute winner for City and the Jon Walters' brace kept us up. We were SECONDS away from going down. And we were down for a good few minutes that day. I still get nervous to even think about it.

2012-13 - The horrible relegation season. We did get relegated before the Fat Lady got up in the morning to sing at night.

2013-14 - We needed playoffs and we needed the full 90 minutes in the final to get out of there. Talk about drama. With the Aguero and Zamora goals, we have gone through more emotions than many a club in their whole life!

2014-15 - What is it going to be? What does history have in store for us? All the way down to the wire? Until last Friday it looked like we were going to do a Bosingwa-Redknapp-Hughes-Samba-Mbia-Granero-Julio Cesar-Park kind of capitulation. I don't know anymore now...
All down to the last day again on 22:43 - Apr 8 with 4477 viewsjohncharles

All down to the last day again on 20:09 - Apr 8 by QPR_ARG

Am I right in saying we have endured 4 of the last 5 seasons without knowing in which division we would play the next until the very last day of the season?

2010-11 - We went up as Champions and we could have clinched promotion way earlier than we did. But it took us almost to one hour before kick-off of the last game of the season to hear the famous: "NO POINTS DEDUCTION" and relax.

2011-12 - The Kun Aguero's 94th minute winner for City and the Jon Walters' brace kept us up. We were SECONDS away from going down. And we were down for a good few minutes that day. I still get nervous to even think about it.

2012-13 - The horrible relegation season. We did get relegated before the Fat Lady got up in the morning to sing at night.

2013-14 - We needed playoffs and we needed the full 90 minutes in the final to get out of there. Talk about drama. With the Aguero and Zamora goals, we have gone through more emotions than many a club in their whole life!

2014-15 - What is it going to be? What does history have in store for us? All the way down to the wire? Until last Friday it looked like we were going to do a Bosingwa-Redknapp-Hughes-Samba-Mbia-Granero-Julio Cesar-Park kind of capitulation. I don't know anymore now...

I believe the popular press call it a roller coaster ride.

Strong and stable my arse.

All down to the last day again on 00:05 - Apr 9 with 4424 viewsJAPRANGERS

Very interesting thread!

Can you just imagine if in reality we have to win at Leicester on the final day to stay up. Talk about nerves and tension. We'll all have to dig out our brown trousers init??
All down to the last day again on 01:27 - Apr 9 with 4377 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2014/15 3-4 win v Leicester on last day to keep us up and them down with a 93rd minute winner from SWP earning him another three year extension on his existing contract.

2015/16 QPR relegated in March, after sacking Ramsey, Clement, and current boss Tim Sherwood. Largely disappointing season from £180k a week strikers Gabriel Batistuta and George Weah. Frank Lampard appointed new manager with John Terry assistant.

2016/17 QPR playing in Vanarama conference after refusing to pay £230m fine to football league. Assistant manager John Terry sacked for calling supporter in paddocks chinky eyed cvnt v Alfreton. Chairman Tony Fernandes and shareholders sell club for half eaten Balti Pie after supporters threaten to burn Loftus Rd down, after 152nd 'I think we turned a corner #NewDawnQPR ' tweet following draw with Gateshead. New consortium lead by Robert Mugabe takes over reins. QPR relegated on last day draw v Tamworth.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 5:32]
All down to the last day again on 05:41 - Apr 9 with 4303 viewsQPR_ARG

All down to the last day again on 01:27 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

2014/15 3-4 win v Leicester on last day to keep us up and them down with a 93rd minute winner from SWP earning him another three year extension on his existing contract.

2015/16 QPR relegated in March, after sacking Ramsey, Clement, and current boss Tim Sherwood. Largely disappointing season from £180k a week strikers Gabriel Batistuta and George Weah. Frank Lampard appointed new manager with John Terry assistant.

2016/17 QPR playing in Vanarama conference after refusing to pay £230m fine to football league. Assistant manager John Terry sacked for calling supporter in paddocks chinky eyed cvnt v Alfreton. Chairman Tony Fernandes and shareholders sell club for half eaten Balti Pie after supporters threaten to burn Loftus Rd down, after 152nd 'I think we turned a corner #NewDawnQPR ' tweet following draw with Gateshead. New consortium lead by Robert Mugabe takes over reins. QPR relegated on last day draw v Tamworth.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 5:32]

Loved it!

What about...

2014-15 - QPR lose to Leicester but they were safe before kick-off coming after a streak of 5 consecutive wins.

2015-16 - SWP, Barton and a number of high-earning veterans are shown the door. Charlie Austin signs an extension to a contract that will keep him at Loftus Road for another 4 years, with a release clause of 45M Pounds. Alejandro Faurlin is given another contract and QPR brings three South American stars from the last Copa America for half of the money they were paying SWP, plus a number of proven Premier League players on decent wages. Mid-table security is achieved by February 2016 as the manager (whatever the name you want to pick) is not scared of attacking teams away from Loftus Road. A solid FA Cup runs ends in a dramatic semifinal defeat vs. Man City.

2016-17 - Pretty much the same of the previous season, but with a couple of quality signings now attracted to QPR for footballing reasons rather than just geography and fat contracts.

Trouble is...except for that 5-game winning run at the start, I believe the rest is possible (not easy to do, but possible).

And worst of all is, I think what BazzaInTheLoft says is far more probable!
All down to the last day again on 18:30 - Apr 11 with 4103 viewsGetMeRangers

Updated with todays results, but not with Burnley, who are currently 0-1 at HT
All down to the last day again on 18:37 - Apr 11 with 4082 viewsRed_Ranger

All down to the last day again on 18:30 - Apr 11 by GetMeRangers

Thanks for your thread and updates.
I like it.
please keep it updated.
thanks again.
All down to the last day again on 18:38 - Apr 11 with 4074 viewsjamois

All down to the last day again on 18:30 - Apr 11 by GetMeRangers

Doin a grand job there lad

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

All down to the last day again on 01:43 - Apr 12 with 3867 viewsGetMeRangers

Another way of looking at things... the average position of teams left to play, courtesy of Sky

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9801415/west-brom-aston-villa-sund
All down to the last day again on 16:57 - Apr 12 with 3732 viewsGetMeRangers

Revised again... Sky must be creaming themselves if it turns out the last day looks as I imagine it might...
With Sunderland and Hull as good as gone and the third team to fill the last place is decided by each of four teams playing each other.
They just couldnt script it any better
All down to the last day again on 04:12 - Apr 13 with 3574 viewsFDC

It really is shaping up to be a pant-shitter of a final day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024