Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup First Round proper 15:32 - Nov 6 with 2634 viewsCanadaRanger

Come on Chesh(am)!!! (Sunday, 2 p.m. at Bristol Rovers)
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 8:50]
FA Cup First Round proper on 15:45 - Nov 6 with 2622 viewsNorthernr

I noticed Barry Hayles was still turning out for them! Gets to play against his former club.
FA Cup First Round proper on 16:01 - Nov 6 with 2609 viewsPinnerPaul

Wealdstone also still in it (home to Colchester)
FA Cup First Round proper on 16:14 - Nov 6 with 2594 viewsElHoop

Wealdstone have really turned it round after a poor start to the season.

Quite interesting interview with manager Gordon Bartlett once the wind noise dies down. Twenty years in the same job is a long time at any level:

FA Cup First Round proper on 18:03 - Nov 6 with 2551 viewsterryb

FA Cup First Round proper on 15:45 - Nov 6 by Northernr

I noticed Barry Hayles was still turning out for them! Gets to play against his former club.

He's player/coach Clive & has been out injured recently. He will probably be a sub on Sunday.

Although I will be present at the Bush tomorrow & not able to be in Bristol on Sunday, there is no doubt which of the two games excites me more!

As an ex player, the son of a former captain of the club & being the first love of my life I can only say COME ON CHESH!

Hope they all have a great day out & that the club do themselves proud. Their earnings from the FA this season in the FA Cup has reached £40,000. That is more than most seasons thatRangers gain!
FA Cup First Round proper on 02:16 - Nov 7 with 2485 viewsSonofNorfolt

Go on the Stones.
Football Focus are broadcasting from there later today.
Shame it's not on a Sunday.
FA Cup First Round proper on 05:03 - Nov 7 with 2465 viewsElHoop

FA Cup First Round proper on 02:16 - Nov 7 by SonofNorfolt

Go on the Stones.
Football Focus are broadcasting from there later today.
Shame it's not on a Sunday.

I imagine that the Raider will feature on Football Focus - he's already taking on Lawro:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34695418
FA Cup First Round proper on 06:56 - Nov 7 with 2444 viewsRoller

FA Cup First Round proper on 18:03 - Nov 6 by terryb

He's player/coach Clive & has been out injured recently. He will probably be a sub on Sunday.

Although I will be present at the Bush tomorrow & not able to be in Bristol on Sunday, there is no doubt which of the two games excites me more!

As an ex player, the son of a former captain of the club & being the first love of my life I can only say COME ON CHESH!

Hope they all have a great day out & that the club do themselves proud. Their earnings from the FA this season in the FA Cup has reached £40,000. That is more than most seasons thatRangers gain!

And there was me wondering just what we were going to talk about down the pub as so little has been going on .....
FA Cup First Round proper on 08:52 - Nov 7 with 2414 viewsCanadaRanger

FA Cup First Round proper on 18:03 - Nov 6 by terryb

In what years did your Dad play?
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup First Round proper on 10:22 - Nov 7 with 2378 viewsterryb

FA Cup First Round proper on 08:52 - Nov 7 by CanadaRanger

In what years did your Dad play?

A bit bfore your time Canada!

1937-1952 but he had to miss '39-'45 for personal reasons!

Mind you, he spent a lot of that time playing for his Navy section. Football even saved his life as he had to stay in Kenya for a match rather than be on a ship to India that was sunk.

His demobilisation was brought forward as Chesham had a FA Cup match he had to be back to play in!
FA Cup First Round proper on 11:24 - Nov 7 with 2358 viewsrongould

I shall be going to watch one of our local sides on Sunday

Whitehawk v Lincoln City.

Proper team,The Hawks.got plenty of local support,sometimes even see the great Punk poet Atilla the Stockbroker at the wonderfully named "The Enclosed Ground"
FA Cup First Round proper on 12:24 - Nov 7 with 2328 viewsnewgolddream

Used to live in Chesham in the late sixties. Good luck 2morro.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 20:44]
FA Cup First Round proper on 16:52 - Nov 7 with 2285 viewsCanadaRanger

FA Cup First Round proper on 10:22 - Nov 7 by terryb

A bit bfore your time Canada!

1937-1952 but he had to miss '39-'45 for personal reasons!

Mind you, he spent a lot of that time playing for his Navy section. Football even saved his life as he had to stay in Kenya for a match rather than be on a ship to India that was sunk.

His demobilisation was brought forward as Chesham had a FA Cup match he had to be back to play in!

Yes, before my time. He might have known my relative, William Payne, who also had a lot of time for that club.
FA Cup First Round proper on 16:44 - Nov 8 with 2196 viewsCanadaRanger

1-0!!!

Ryan Blake's strike sent Southern League Premier Division side Chesham into round two of the FA Cup at the expense of League Two Bristol Rovers.
Chesham went close to going ahead early on when Toby Little's free-kick flicked the top of the crossbar.
United were awarded a penalty for a foul on Brad Wadkins, but Lee Nicholls saved Dave Pearce's spot-kick.
Blake won the tie for Chesham when his powerful shot from distance caught out Rovers keeper Nicholls.
FA Cup First Round proper on 16:50 - Nov 8 with 2190 viewsterryb

FA Cup First Round proper on 16:44 - Nov 8 by CanadaRanger

1-0!!!

Ryan Blake's strike sent Southern League Premier Division side Chesham into round two of the FA Cup at the expense of League Two Bristol Rovers.
Chesham went close to going ahead early on when Toby Little's free-kick flicked the top of the crossbar.
United were awarded a penalty for a foul on Brad Wadkins, but Lee Nicholls saved Dave Pearce's spot-kick.
Blake won the tie for Chesham when his powerful shot from distance caught out Rovers keeper Nicholls.

Are you a little bit excited Canada?

I AM!!!

All of a sudden, football has become fun again!
FA Cup First Round proper on 20:42 - Nov 8 with 2082 viewsCanadaRanger

FA Cup First Round proper on 16:50 - Nov 8 by terryb

Are you a little bit excited Canada?

I AM!!!

All of a sudden, football has become fun again!

Yes!
Just seen the match stats, courtesy of the BBC.
Rovers had 25 shots, 10 on target.
We must have had SPIDERMAN in goal to save that many!
FA Cup First Round proper on 20:44 - Nov 8 with 2080 viewsCanadaRanger

Hugely unlikely, but if they make it to the third round and draw QPR I will fly back to see the game!
FA Cup First Round proper on 01:11 - Nov 9 with 2029 viewsFredManRave

FA Cup First Round proper on 20:44 - Nov 8 by CanadaRanger

Hugely unlikely, but if they make it to the third round and draw QPR I will fly back to see the game!

Would you hang around to see who they then get in the 4th round?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

FA Cup First Round proper on 02:17 - Nov 9 with 2020 viewsCanadaRanger

FA Cup First Round proper on 01:11 - Nov 9 by FredManRave

Would you hang around to see who they then get in the 4th round?!

Now that might be worth rearranging a flight for! But I have to be here as much as possible to make sure my son gets to his ice hockey games...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024