Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pissing Off Goalkeepers 21:20 - Jan 22 with 2130 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A new QPR tradition like kicking off towards the Loft and Pigbag.
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 21:31 - Jan 22 with 2075 viewsQPR_Jim

Well Smithies needs some competition if Green is leaving, if they can't handle competition they shouldn't be professional sportsmen.
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 21:56 - Jan 22 with 2022 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 21:31 - Jan 22 by QPR_Jim

Well Smithies needs some competition if Green is leaving, if they can't handle competition they shouldn't be professional sportsmen.

Smithies needs some competition, but he doesn't need it thrown in his face by the QPR media team before his second 'proper' league start, and if Green doesn't leave we're going to have a goalkeeper who has basically been told he has no place at QPR even if Smithies, Ingram, Lumley, the polish lad, and the kit man get injured.

Add this to the way Paddy Kenny was treated, and we have a theme.

Jumped the gun again.
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 22:23 - Jan 22 with 1942 viewsQPR_Jim

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 21:56 - Jan 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Smithies needs some competition, but he doesn't need it thrown in his face by the QPR media team before his second 'proper' league start, and if Green doesn't leave we're going to have a goalkeeper who has basically been told he has no place at QPR even if Smithies, Ingram, Lumley, the polish lad, and the kit man get injured.

Jumped the gun again.

Thrown into in his face by the QPR media team?, I know some modern footballers are a bit soft but I think he can cope with a new signing being announced the day before a match.

If Green doesn't leave he can get the same treatment that the over paid players at Wolves got from Jackett. Stick him in the reserve's and pretend he's not here and stick to the plan of Smithies with Ingram putting pressure on. It's clear Green isn't wanted, if he wants to see out his contract I have no problem with that but it shouldn't change our plans and he is probably aware of that.
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 22:34 - Jan 22 with 1895 viewsQPRDave

Jumped the gun again.

I'm assuming Green to where ever is done, and thats why we've bought the new fella.
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 22:40 - Jan 22 with 1873 viewsessextaxiboy

We need 3 , Smithies might not make it . Its too soon for Lumley IMO
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 22:53 - Jan 22 with 1820 viewsHunterhoop

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 22:40 - Jan 22 by essextaxiboy

We need 3 , Smithies might not make it . Its too soon for Lumley IMO

Agree, Bazza.

No problem with the signing. No problem at all. He's a good, young keeper. It's a very good signing. But I have an issue with the QPR media team at present. Posted below on the official FB. Expect a load of abuse for it mind.

QPR FC...chill with the media hype on new signings, especially with this one. Sure the bloke is young and talented. It's a good signing. But Alex Smithies has just taken over the no. 1 jersey, as made clear by JFH, and he's starting his first game at home, as clear no 1, tomorrow, after keeping a clean sheet last week. The last thing he needs (and us, if we want him to play at his peak) is this huge fanfare for a lad who'll be his no. 2 for the rest of the season.

In fact, can we get away from this mentality new signings are the solution to all our problems. For the last 5 years they've tended to be more cause than solution.

Like I say, by all accounts Ingram is an very good young keeper; he's exactly the right type of player for us to sign; I'm glad we have.

But "signings" - any of them - are rarely the great answer we've started making out they are. Let's just tone it down a tad. Alex Smithies was the exciting your goal keeper signing only 6/7 months ago.

Ps. I know I'm in the minority with this view, but there we go.
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 22:54 - Jan 22 with 1810 viewsGetMeRangers

Jumped the gun again.

You have missed out the Chelsea lad... Cudnok or something... Plus Polter

Goal keeping crisis? What goal keeping crisis
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 23:01 - Jan 22 with 1792 viewsRBlock

Yup. Definitely gna really unsettle Smithies with comments like "Alex has the shirt now but I want Matt to challenge him" and "Matt is one for the future".

Clearly all keepers need competition and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. Clearly they don't see Lumley as up to it/ready for it and want back up should Smithies get injured. Storm in a teacup stuff this.
Login to get fewer ads

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 23:09 - Jan 22 with 1765 views08olesen

From what i have seen of Lumley over recent years i firmly believe he could be an Rs keeper for years to come. He looks a very good shot stopper for such a young age. Having said that, i think he needs to go out on loan and get some experience, so this new lad will be able to come in and challenge AS right away. Hopefully it will show Green that he is officially done here and his wages can be removed off the bill.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 01:41 - Jan 23 with 1621 viewsade_qpr

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 22:54 - Jan 22 by GetMeRangers

You have missed out the Chelsea lad... Cudnok or something... Plus Polter

Goal keeping crisis? What goal keeping crisis

Polter as our GK had me laughing. He would certainly COMAND the box, no timid oppo strikers would come near him.
Plus when we had a corner he would be the first one up in the box

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 02:12 - Jan 23 with 1604 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Jumped the gun again.

How many keepers do we need?
We have a first team, a development team and a youth team?
I would say we would only need 4 keepers to cover those teams - not at least 6 - I thought we were trying to reduce our squad and costs?

For Rob Green he has been paid well and performed well until 18 months ago. Highlight being the Play Off final against Derby.
in the last 18 months he has been very poor.
I wish him well.

For QPR I hope we reduce how may keepers we have in our squad during the remainder of this transfer window.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 2:13]
Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 06:58 - Jan 23 with 1502 viewsJonDoeman

i've been critical of Smithies , but 'm sure he'll be able to handle this OK !!

It Is What It Is !!

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 12:00 - Jan 23 with 1249 viewsGetMeRangers

Pissing Off Goalkeepers on 01:41 - Jan 23 by ade_qpr

Polter as our GK had me laughing. He would certainly COMAND the box, no timid oppo strikers would come near him.
Plus when we had a corner he would be the first one up in the box

Keeper till he was 16

"If you are a manager who needs a striker that you need to be a goalkeeper, then get him on your books"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024