Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Striker? 23:55 - Aug 7 with 1919 viewsdavman

So, its common knowledge that we are in for another Striker, but seeing as we play one up front and Seb is growing and growing into that role, will we sign someone to replace him or as back up?

...and "anyone who is competition" is no answer here; its either someone to replace Seb or to play when Seb (and / or Conor) are injured...

Thoughts?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New Striker? on 00:36 - Aug 8 with 1827 viewsLblock

I see an issue on the horizon........

If we're not to see Connor Washington coming in from the left then we'll have a disgruntled "striker" who is diminishing in value.... I still do not understand this signing especially at the rumoured £2.5mill

Any further strikers added will need to be in the mould of a big mobile lump but as understudy to Seb (or cover).... preferably an up and coming yoot

So what happens with CW? Where does he fit into Jimmys masterplan of total domination of the league and an ongoing succession of 3-0 wins????
I just dunno

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Striker? on 02:05 - Aug 8 with 1723 viewsHooparoo

Could be still Matt Leckie. There was reported interest in him from some Prem clubs but it was the same with Yeni and we still managed to persuade him to join us. Obviously, he is also mates with Mass from the national team which may help.

Leckie is very versatile and can play anywhere across the front line and is two footed enough to play on either side or as a lone striker. He has searing pace which would seem to fit in with Jimmy's emphasis on mobility and fast attacks.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New Striker? on 06:29 - Aug 8 with 1601 viewsstevec

Bamford is very much on the horizon, which makes sense, as he can play in a number of positions and could actually help Washington into the side.

I'm warming to Polter but we need options.
New Striker? on 06:59 - Aug 8 with 1541 viewsrsonist

Yeah I think it's no coincidence that we've been looking at tall wing-forwards like Leckie, Bodvarsson, Pilkington as flexible options. Polter is undroppable and Washington is a pure striker according to JFH recently so it'd be tough to sign someone established only in case of injury, especially now at the beginning of the season.

Bamford is fine at this level but I'd worry about the loan fee they'd be asking and any contractual commitment to play a certain number of games. If we were well-placed in January I could see it but right now it doesn't feel the right move on either side.

Finding another Polterian rough diamond with the right attitude somewhere seems the best bet.
New Striker? on 07:19 - Aug 8 with 1494 viewskomradkirk

we need another one at least,46 games,cup runs(tee hee)suspensions,switch to 4-4-2 and injuries.

don't need to break the bank though.
New Striker? on 07:54 - Aug 8 with 1399 viewsMedwayR

We definitely need another Polter type striker. I think we'll use Chery or Washington, I doubt we'll see both and so our 4 forwards are Polter, Chery, Washington + 1 more. If we can get decent competition for Polter we'll have 4 very good forwards for this level.

Poll: Who’s better?

New Striker? on 08:36 - Aug 8 with 1246 viewsrsonist

There's maybe a possibility Ngbakoto could fill in up front too. Mind you I once thought Phillips would be capable of that too...
New Striker? on 08:37 - Aug 8 with 1246 viewssimmo

I think it'll probably be a loan. Support and competition for the strikers as we're pretty thin on the ground and only 1 or 2 injuries/suspensions away from looking very light in attack.

The new boy can play up front though apparently and so can El Karate.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

New Striker? on 08:42 - Aug 8 with 1222 viewsaston_hoop

The problem is that if on the 2nd of September Polter does his cruciate ligaments (well come on, we are QPR so these things happen!), we would have to change the way we play without a similar option in the squad. I would think we'll be looking at that because Washington and Grego-Cox won't provide us with that kind of hold up play.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New Striker? on 09:10 - Aug 8 with 1132 viewsTonto

If only Jamie Mackie could get fit, he would fit the mould, but I agree with the former comments - we need a back up mobile tall unfriendly lump to do the donkey work and defend from the front.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024