Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P 00:03 - Sep 9 with 2944 viewsCroydonCaptJack

At lease 78 is a good age especially compared to some of the other famous deaths we have had this year.
He was a massive influence on our late 70s ska scene especially Madness (the second video was a tribute to him by them)

[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 0:03]
Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 00:49 - Sep 9 with 2923 viewsFredManRave

Astonishing impact and legacy that he's keft behind. His music was before my time and to be honest I've never really listened to him before but his influence in 70/80's ska is there for all to see and his legacy will live on for a very long time.

R.I.P.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 01:51 - Sep 9 with 2917 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 07:17 - Sep 9 with 2884 viewsLblock

Anthem

If only I could dig out me burgundy Fara sta-press, loafer tassels, white towelling socks and lime green Fred Perry (don't mention the braces).
Still got the haircut but it's natural now

I thank Ska in my early years for getting me into music that wasn't "mainstream". Madness, Specials, Selektor lead me to deeper Ska and reggae and that progressed to soul, progressed to disco, progressed to house to rave to where I am now (and skanking on the dance floor at my wedding some 16 months back

RIP top skanker

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 07:21 - Sep 9 with 2881 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 08:26 - Sep 9 with 2857 viewshopphoops

Goodnight, sweet Prince, pioneer of groove and post-feminism

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 08:41 - Sep 9 with 2849 viewsElHoop

Two Princes gone in a year. RIP indeed.

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 08:51 - Sep 9 with 2838 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Desmond Dekka, who bizarrely died in Thornton Heath, just down the road from here.

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 08:55 - Sep 9 with 2835 viewsMrSheen

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 08:51 - Sep 9 by CroydonCaptJack

Desmond Dekka, who bizarrely died in Thornton Heath, just down the road from here.

Bizarre gardening accident?
Login to get fewer ads

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 09:01 - Sep 9 with 2825 viewshopphoops

If I could take the work of just one of that gang on the desert island, it would be Roland Alphonso and his velvet sax, but Prince Buster was right at the start and heart of it all.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 09:42 - Sep 9 with 2803 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 08:55 - Sep 9 by MrSheen

Bizarre gardening accident?

Bizarrely ending up in Thornton Heath after Jamaica ;)
Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 10:15 - Sep 9 with 2782 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 10:32 - Sep 9 with 2768 viewsWilloW4

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 10:15 - Sep 9 by Dorse

Excellent choice of the 'soul vendors'-'swing easy. Great to hear that again.
Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 11:14 - Sep 9 with 2751 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 14:39 - Sep 9 with 2700 viewsRamseyR

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 10:32 - Sep 9 by WilloW4

Excellent choice of the 'soul vendors'-'swing easy. Great to hear that again.

I can't remember hearing swing easy" before. Cracking tune.
Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 21:08 - Sep 9 with 2663 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Something different.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 21:47 - Sep 9 with 2644 viewsW13R

To all you Rude boys and Rude Girls, Blue beat classic.

Friday Mu(ska) Thread - Prince Buster R.I.P on 22:44 - Sep 9 with 2623 viewsW13R

And another old favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024