Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans - thoughts? 16:12 - Nov 10 with 1176 viewsPinnerPaul

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/10/away-fans-to-be-pitch-side-at-eve
Away fans - thoughts? on 16:43 - Nov 10 with 1122 viewsLongsufferingR

Blimey, is that the first time Scudamore has ever agreed to something that benefits fans? Always thought it was outrageous what Newcastle and then Sunderland did to away fans.

Not sure what we'd do if we got promoted again though. Would mean yet another reduction in our capacity as we'd have to allow for some space between fans in either Ellerslie or paddock.
Away fans - thoughts? on 16:47 - Nov 10 with 1104 viewsNov77

always thought we gave huge advantage to away teams when we let them have the lower school end.

also, how much better would trev's overhead kick looked if we had our fans behind the goal going mental?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Away fans - thoughts? on 16:54 - Nov 10 with 1076 viewsToast_R

What if they told Scudamore to f*ck off?
Away fans - thoughts? on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 1043 viewsNorthernr

This is basically because Newcastle take the piss isn't it? Missed the second half there the other year because a cloud moved in.

Still, had pitch side seats at Fulham this year and West Ham two years ago and they were terrible, zero idea of what's going on at the other end of the field, much prefer the high seats to that.
Away fans - thoughts? on 18:28 - Nov 10 with 899 viewsNW5Hoop

Away fans - thoughts? on 17:02 - Nov 10 by Northernr

This is basically because Newcastle take the piss isn't it? Missed the second half there the other year because a cloud moved in.

Still, had pitch side seats at Fulham this year and West Ham two years ago and they were terrible, zero idea of what's going on at the other end of the field, much prefer the high seats to that.

I think Scudamore's sentiments are right, but I have the strong suspicion he's never actually been in an away end. It is good for the atmosphere if away fans are closer, no doubt, but it's equally true that being low down at most grounds makes the far end only a rumour.
Away fans - thoughts? on 18:48 - Nov 10 with 847 viewspaulparker

Like many others when I first started going to football one team had one end the oppo the other
It's what made football in this country , who the fcuk wants to sit in the clouds at somewhere like Newcastle or Sunderland
The times when a team has filled the school end makes a better atmosphere especially for someone like me who sits in x block , football is about fans so let's keep it that way
And while we are about it bring back standing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024