Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Washington on Onuoha 09:30 - Feb 22 with 2639 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Best captain i've ever had as a professional'

via the Podcast.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 9:31]
Washington on Onouha on 09:31 - Feb 22 with 2453 viewsNorthernr

Yeh, "constantly talking out on the field". As I've always said, these people who give him stick for not talking enough - how can you tell from the back of the Ellerslie Road stand?
Washington on Onouha on 09:33 - Feb 22 with 2432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Washington on Onouha on 09:31 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Yeh, "constantly talking out on the field". As I've always said, these people who give him stick for not talking enough - how can you tell from the back of the Ellerslie Road stand?

Exactly.

And if you just want someone to shout then give the armband to Brian Blessed.
Washington on Onuoha on 09:40 - Feb 22 with 2393 viewsIrishR

I have given Ned stick but that was more due to his nervousness on the ball and continuous lumping it forward. He was better last night and it became Bidwell and Lynch's turn to pump it forward constantly, granted this is what they are being told and what we knew when we signed Smith. It was pretty ugly last night but a win is a win and thats the most important thing.

Standout for me were Smithies, Freeman, Washington and Lua Lua.
Washington on Onuoha on 09:50 - Feb 22 with 2345 viewsDejR_vu

Washington on Onuoha on 09:40 - Feb 22 by IrishR

I have given Ned stick but that was more due to his nervousness on the ball and continuous lumping it forward. He was better last night and it became Bidwell and Lynch's turn to pump it forward constantly, granted this is what they are being told and what we knew when we signed Smith. It was pretty ugly last night but a win is a win and thats the most important thing.

Standout for me were Smithies, Freeman, Washington and Lua Lua.

I thought he had a great game last night. But I think he has as many poor ones as good ones. He's great when he's up against a direct physical challenge, but not so good when he's facing clever, technical players that pull him around.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Washington on Onuoha on 10:20 - Feb 22 with 2282 viewsHarbour

Ned played well last night shame the guy in front of me in ju block gave him stick every time he touched the ball even when he stopped a certain goal give the guy a break support the team or sit somewhere else
Washington on Onuoha on 10:38 - Feb 22 with 2214 viewsLongsufferingR

Washington on Onuoha on 10:20 - Feb 22 by Harbour

Ned played well last night shame the guy in front of me in ju block gave him stick every time he touched the ball even when he stopped a certain goal give the guy a break support the team or sit somewhere else

Yeah, it's not often that a tackle gets you out of your seat, but that one near the end certainly did!
Washington on Onouha on 10:45 - Feb 22 with 2190 viewsFDC

Washington on Onouha on 09:33 - Feb 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Exactly.

And if you just want someone to shout then give the armband to Brian Blessed.

Now you're talking

Washington on Onouha on 10:47 - Feb 22 with 2180 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Washington on Onouha on 10:45 - Feb 22 by FDC

Now you're talking

SANDROS ALIVE???!!!?!?!
Login to get fewer ads

Washington on Onuoha on 11:01 - Feb 22 with 2117 viewspaulparker

Ned seems to have woken up under Holloway the last few games
but lets not get carried away here as he has been mostly dreadful this season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Washington on Onuoha on 11:05 - Feb 22 with 2098 viewsNorthernr

Washington on Onuoha on 11:01 - Feb 22 by paulparker

Not talking about his form, talking about this nonsense about him being too quiet as a captain. Always said people couldn't possibly know and now Washington has confirmed it's bolox.
Washington on Onuoha on 11:25 - Feb 22 with 2043 viewsrsonist

So to sum up... he's a better captain than Jack Payne was at Peterborough. The end.
Washington on Onuoha on 11:28 - Feb 22 with 2023 viewsNorthernr

Washington on Onuoha on 11:25 - Feb 22 by rsonist

So to sum up... he's a better captain than Jack Payne was at Peterborough. The end.

Did Washington start his career at Peterborough?
Washington on Onuoha on 11:31 - Feb 22 with 2009 viewsngbqpr

Grand Loftus Road tradition.
Must have a scapegoat.
Chosen player usually doesn't deserve to be one (honourable exception: J Bosingwa).
Eventually, scapegoatee proves to scapegoaters that he is a capable (sometimes even superb) footballer, usually with a great attitude and a willingness to work hard and carry out his manager's instructions: I give you Don Masson, Mick Leach, Tony Sealy, Les Ferdinand, Simon Barker, Steve Palmer, Paul Furlong et al...and even that admittedly slightly rarer breed, 'scapegoat before he's even played a game' (Shaun Derry).
At this point choose a new scapegoat.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Washington on Onuoha on 11:31 - Feb 22 with 2008 viewssmegma

Washington on Onuoha on 11:01 - Feb 22 by paulparker

Well said.

I noticed at the Huddersfield game, when we conceded, he was geeing the other players up. I've never seen him do that before as he used to put his head down and just walk away from the goal. Looks like another Holloway/Bircham influence?? It appears the team spirit is now up to similar levels under Warnock. He was excellent last night again, long may it continue.
Washington on Onuoha on 11:47 - Feb 22 with 1971 viewspaulparker

Washington on Onuoha on 11:05 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Not talking about his form, talking about this nonsense about him being too quiet as a captain. Always said people couldn't possibly know and now Washington has confirmed it's bolox.

I think the days of captains beating there chests and rollicking players are over
todays football doesn't breed that type of player anymore which I think is a shame
that being said where I normally sit in x block I cant hear Ned and haven't heard him talking to the team especially when the going gets tough I just don't think its in his character

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Washington on Onuoha on 11:51 - Feb 22 with 1949 viewssmegma

Washington on Onuoha on 11:47 - Feb 22 by paulparker

I think the days of captains beating there chests and rollicking players are over
todays football doesn't breed that type of player anymore which I think is a shame
that being said where I normally sit in x block I cant hear Ned and haven't heard him talking to the team especially when the going gets tough I just don't think its in his character

It was in his character last night and the two previous games.
Washington on Onuoha on 11:51 - Feb 22 with 1947 viewsrsonist

Washington on Onuoha on 11:28 - Feb 22 by Northernr

You're right, my mistake - forgot about Newport in the Conference (and their professional status at the time).
Washington on Onuoha on 12:23 - Feb 22 with 1845 viewskingsburyR

I let some chap sit in one of my seats last night in Mu. Was it anyone on this board?

Very passionate fella (put me to shame) but kept saying "no Chief, dont try and play football, get rid of it!" A tiny bit harsh, I'm quite keen on his marauding runs.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Washington on Onuoha on 12:58 - Feb 22 with 1734 viewsHunterhoop

Washington on Onuoha on 11:47 - Feb 22 by paulparker

But then robith, who sits in the paddocks says he can hear Onouha all game. Funny how people see/hear things differently. Ultimately, and it's human nature, people find evidence to support their preconceptions.

Onouha was excellent last night. Comfortably the best defender on the pitch. He really stood up with Lynch struggling and Hall off injured.

And you have Conor Washington, a player himself, saying he is "indispensable", "the best captain I've played under as a professional", "always talking to everyone all game on the pitch", that "he marshals the defence" and "if I'm sure if you spoke to Lynchy, Hall or Al, they'd say the same".

Onouha has not had the best of seasons. His performances have been hit and missed, but he is nowhere near as bad a player of captain as certain fans want to make out. But as ngb said, it's all part of this scapegoat culture to boil down complex problems to one simple (often nonsensical) source. When it's proved that source wasn't the cause, we just move onto another scapegoat.
Washington on Onuoha on 13:01 - Feb 22 with 1725 viewsJigsore

Washington on Onuoha on 12:23 - Feb 22 by kingsburyR

I let some chap sit in one of my seats last night in Mu. Was it anyone on this board?

Very passionate fella (put me to shame) but kept saying "no Chief, dont try and play football, get rid of it!" A tiny bit harsh, I'm quite keen on his marauding runs.

it's going to happen again someday

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Washington on Onuoha on 13:13 - Feb 22 with 1679 viewsLongsufferingR

Washington on Onuoha on 13:01 - Feb 22 by Jigsore

it's going to happen again someday

Hopefully at the same venue.
Washington on Onuoha on 13:29 - Feb 22 with 1625 viewsPinnerPaul

Washington on Onuoha on 11:28 - Feb 22 by Northernr

177 senior games in total (EXC here) plus of course numerous games at U16,17,18, 21 etc etc

Yes agree, safe to assume Ned is the best in a field greater than 2!
Washington on Onuoha on 13:35 - Feb 22 with 1595 views2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah but why can't he do the glenn roeder shuffle

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Washington on Onuoha on 13:38 - Feb 22 with 1577 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I've noticed him and Smithies talking alot.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Washington on Onuoha on 13:45 - Feb 22 with 1557 viewspaulparker

Washington on Onuoha on 12:58 - Feb 22 by Hunterhoop

But then robith, who sits in the paddocks says he can hear Onouha all game. Funny how people see/hear things differently. Ultimately, and it's human nature, people find evidence to support their preconceptions.

Onouha was excellent last night. Comfortably the best defender on the pitch. He really stood up with Lynch struggling and Hall off injured.

And you have Conor Washington, a player himself, saying he is "indispensable", "the best captain I've played under as a professional", "always talking to everyone all game on the pitch", that "he marshals the defence" and "if I'm sure if you spoke to Lynchy, Hall or Al, they'd say the same".

Onouha has not had the best of seasons. His performances have been hit and missed, but he is nowhere near as bad a player of captain as certain fans want to make out. But as ngb said, it's all part of this scapegoat culture to boil down complex problems to one simple (often nonsensical) source. When it's proved that source wasn't the cause, we just move onto another scapegoat.

I didn't have any preconceptions about Ned
a case in point was the Preston game earlier in the season , now the plum with the manky teeth who we outed on a thread a while back unfortunately sits a few rows back from where I normally sit , he was giving Onuoha pelters while another bloke in front of me a ST holder was saying ned was only captain because he was black
so I decided the 2nd half to just watch Onuoha and see what he does, he didn't do or say anything I didn't see no talking or telling others what to do and in my just back I said caulker was just to blame as he was an England international , maybe it was a bad day for everyone (well it was we lost ) so the next game I went to Blackburn I watched him again and again I didn't see anything from him the same as Sunderland (we had niko and kakay playing and he wasn't talking them through the game ) and Birmingham , I just didn't hear or see much leadership from him
maybe that just isn't him , maybe we see the size of the bloke and think he will be a beast , maybe us fellas over a certain age think every captain has to be like Pearce, Macca or Adams

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024