Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live 18:37 - May 14 with 3033 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48091
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 11:59 - May 15 with 2837 viewsblacky200

Bloody good listen. Some great stories too.
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 16:43 - May 15 with 2736 viewslondonscottish

Excellent. Will download part 2 for tube journey home.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 16:55 - May 15 with 2725 viewsrobith

Barton love in is putting my off finishing it tbh

"He's such a professional you know" yeah expect getting sent off every time the pressure was on and we needed a big performance from him
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 18:11 - May 15 with 2664 viewsPunteR

Footballers are weird.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 18:23 - May 15 with 2651 viewsitsbiga

Did I hear it right that Derry pissed his shorts on purpose?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 19:11 - May 15 with 2613 viewsMedwayR

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 16:55 - May 15 by robith

Barton love in is putting my off finishing it tbh

"He's such a professional you know" yeah expect getting sent off every time the pressure was on and we needed a big performance from him

Their definition of professional seems to differ vastly from mine. I wouldn't call getting sent off on a regular basis for acting like a complete and utter helmet professional, nor using a coffee machine to reinforce divisions in the squad, or having a hissy fit and trying to play in another players position during a game, or getting a lengthy ban for placing bets. They bang on about Barton's honesty but don't seem to realise that he's only honest about others and never himself, he can't take responsibility for his actions & always blames someone / something so I can imagine how his managerial career is going to go.

Other than that I enjoyed the podcast a lot.

Poll: Who’s better?

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 19:13 - May 15 with 2613 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well with all the conjecture about McClarens credentials, interesting to hear Clint and Deggs being very complimentary about him in Part Deaux
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 19:47 - May 15 with 2574 viewsdaveB

Some of the Joey Barton stories told with the intention of showing what a great guy he was made him sound like the idiotic bully i always assumed he was. Trying to fight Derry because he wanted to play in a position the manager had asked Derry to so chinning the Assistant Manager, the Adel stuff, throwing cake at team mates and having a go at others for loud music. He just came across as an absolute tosser
Login to get fewer ads

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 19:59 - May 15 with 2546 viewsthame_hoops

Whenever he’s on, All Gallen’s stories seem to be booze related. Surprised he still has a functioning liver
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 20:43 - May 15 with 2503 viewsconnell10

Bit of a awkward moment with Clint Hill and the woman questioner near the end! I totally agreed with her , sorry Clint love ya but stopping sticking up for knobend joey, is it a scouse thing or something?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 09:51 - May 16 with 2253 viewsqprd

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 20:43 - May 15 by connell10

Bit of a awkward moment with Clint Hill and the woman questioner near the end! I totally agreed with her , sorry Clint love ya but stopping sticking up for knobend joey, is it a scouse thing or something?

clint hill wants a job in coaching and may still want to continue playing. joey barton is now a manager who will be looking to build up a staff and sign new players. not surprising he's not too keen to criticize. I wonder how they would have felt if they had to take relegation wage cuts because joey barton couldn't control his temper at the ethiad

the female questioner at the end was right, and good on her for asking a difficult question

was joey barton professional when he said he'd never play for QPR? when he bet on matches? when he said arsenal were gutless on radio two weeks before we played them? the list goes on and on....

he definitely played hard, but he also regularly put his desire to be in front of the camera ahead of the best interests of the club

excellent pod
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 11:38 - May 16 with 2187 viewsDejR_vu

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 19:11 - May 15 by MedwayR

Their definition of professional seems to differ vastly from mine. I wouldn't call getting sent off on a regular basis for acting like a complete and utter helmet professional, nor using a coffee machine to reinforce divisions in the squad, or having a hissy fit and trying to play in another players position during a game, or getting a lengthy ban for placing bets. They bang on about Barton's honesty but don't seem to realise that he's only honest about others and never himself, he can't take responsibility for his actions & always blames someone / something so I can imagine how his managerial career is going to go.

Other than that I enjoyed the podcast a lot.

Just shows, on more than one level, how low the bar is set in professional football.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 14:33 - May 16 with 2068 viewslondonscottish

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 11:38 - May 16 by DejR_vu

Just shows, on more than one level, how low the bar is set in professional football.

Dunno. There are Joey Bartons in every walk of life, really. It's just that most of them aren't on the TV & radio all the time.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 14:44 - May 16 with 2051 viewsNorthernr

Yeh much like DaveB, a lot of the stuff they seemed to think was great about him is exactly the sort of stuff I heard at the time and thought he was a prat for. Shame so much time and chat was dedicated to the scrote really.
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 15:04 - May 16 with 2004 viewsrobith

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 20:43 - May 15 by connell10

Disagreed with Clint, but she also fell into the classic Q&A "it's less of a question and more of an observation" which is a huge red line to me
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 15:29 - May 16 with 1973 viewsqprjeff1882

I'm sure if neither of them were looking to further their careers in coaching and management, i.e Clint could be Joey's no.2 at Fleetwood. And Derry is Clint's mate. I'm sure they wouldn't speak of him so highly. I think it needed someone to be stronger and stand up to Joey and let him know what a tw@t he was and he didn't rule the roost. Because he gets away with the confrontation most of the time he probably feels he cam do it to almost anyone.
Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 20:36 - May 16 with 1864 viewsdaveB

Live Pod - Hill and Derry - both parts now live on 14:44 - May 16 by Northernr

Yeh much like DaveB, a lot of the stuff they seemed to think was great about him is exactly the sort of stuff I heard at the time and thought he was a prat for. Shame so much time and chat was dedicated to the scrote really.

I love Hill and Derry but to hear them slate Taarabt for late nights and being unprofessional followed by stories of being drunk in pre season and in a mid season tour, fighting in dressing room, abusing players etc being painted as professional was all a bit odd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024