Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? 22:14 - Mar 29 with 1348 viewsloftboy

Quite a hard watch when he’s at the dinner table with his grandchildren and his memory is totally shot.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 22:40 - Mar 29 with 1300 viewsdixiedean

Scary to see the vacant empty look in his eyes. Sad
Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 22:50 - Mar 29 with 1262 viewseghamranger

Very emotional, hard hitting but one of the best things I’ve seen on tv for a while.

Was as hard as nails.
Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 22:50 - Mar 29 with 1260 viewsqpr_1968

good watch and sad, but outweighed by the great 10 years he had as irelands manager, his time at leeds, and of course winning the world cup with england......plus more.

one piece tickled me when jack bought a rabbit and a pheasant? for his brother bobby after a pne and middgh match was postponed.....both managers at that time of them two teams.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 23:24 - Mar 29 with 1198 viewsHantsR

Such a well-made programme, a very good watch indeed. Well-chosen film clips to illustrate the highs and lows of his career. I had forgotten much of the detail of the success he enjoyed with the Irish team and so enjoyed experiencing the drama of each game shown. I liked identifying individual players - like Johnny Byrne!
On his dementia, I found that the sadness experienced by sufferers was important knowledge for me, as someone who has had to manage family with that condition.
Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 00:57 - Mar 30 with 1117 viewsjohncharles

One of the best football documentaries I’ve seen. Lots of footage, facts and comments from people who were there and from the man himself presented in a non-judgmental way. Highly recommended

Strong and stable my arse.

Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 01:44 - Mar 30 with 1098 viewsBoston

Wor Jackie.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 09:14 - Mar 30 with 867 viewsdaveB

I bought this at Christmas but still haven't watched it yet, has it been on TV?

Ignore this just saw it was on iplayer
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 9:22]
Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 09:33 - Mar 30 with 819 viewsMyke

Virgin aired it here on Saturday night as the finale of a fundraising week for dementia. Raised over half a mill I think, which was quite remarkable in the times we are in, especially when it clashed with daffodil (cancer awareness) week.
Not that many people equally revered in both Ireland and England, but he is definitely one of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 09:35 - Mar 30 with 816 viewsPaddyhoops

Very hard to watch the latter end of this documentary and the effects of dementia.
Jack was king in Ireland but had lots of critics in regard to his style of football.
He was basically asking players like Brady, Houghton, whelan and Lawrenson to change their style of football to accommodate his style of football.
Bit like asking a classical musician to knock out a concerto on a set of spoons.
In fairness when I fell out of the George and dragon in Acton at 4 in the morning on that famous night we beat England in 88.
The last thing we were worried about was " The style of football"
His time in charge of Ireland gave me some of the greatest nights of my life and for that we salute you Jack.
Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 09:42 - Mar 30 with 804 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone watching the Jack Charlton documentary? on 23:24 - Mar 29 by HantsR

Such a well-made programme, a very good watch indeed. Well-chosen film clips to illustrate the highs and lows of his career. I had forgotten much of the detail of the success he enjoyed with the Irish team and so enjoyed experiencing the drama of each game shown. I liked identifying individual players - like Johnny Byrne!
On his dementia, I found that the sadness experienced by sufferers was important knowledge for me, as someone who has had to manage family with that condition.

It's a must watch for all and you don't even need to be a football fan. An extraordinary story of a life of huge achievement and it's poignant last days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024