Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast 21:24 - Apr 22 with 3067 viewsqueensparker

Great listen this one, lots about his time at Rangers and the Trevor Francis / birth of baby incident.

Always loved Martin Allen as a player, big part of a great team, hard as nails but more about him than that, should never have left for West Ham.

[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 21:25]
Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 19:59 - Apr 23 with 2847 viewsJogo

Is my memory playing tricks on me or was he a bit anti QPR when he was Brentford manager?
Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 09:05 - Apr 24 with 2738 viewsozexile

I found it quite a bizarre listen. I'll definitely listen to pt 2 to hear more about his managerial career.
Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 09:50 - Apr 26 with 2561 viewsdangould

Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 19:59 - Apr 23 by Jogo

Is my memory playing tricks on me or was he a bit anti QPR when he was Brentford manager?

I was in the same hotel as him in Dubai 6 years ago or so, and he disliked QPR with a passion, and apart from his anti QPR views he was a all round bellend.

Poll: will a centre forward score for QPR in the remaining games.

Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 18:15 - Apr 27 with 2286 viewsSheffieldHoop

Not seen part 2 yet, but enjoyed part 1.

One of their best episodes imo so far, better story teller than most previous guests

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 18:27 - Apr 27 with 2261 viewsParkRoyalR

Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 09:50 - Apr 26 by dangould

I was in the same hotel as him in Dubai 6 years ago or so, and he disliked QPR with a passion, and apart from his anti QPR views he was a all round bellend.

That's disappointing, reckon he might owe his career to Rangers as not sure many other clubs would have given him the time I believe our youth set-up did, no doubt down to his surname.

Sure my mate was in the QPR Youth Squad with him and recall him saying he was the worst under-age player he had ever seen in a professional club set-up - could'nt trap a bag of cement or play a short pass back from a throw-in.
Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 19:46 - Apr 27 with 2180 viewsdaveB

he's a really odd and intense fella, good interview though
Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 22:09 - Apr 27 with 2043 viewsHamptonR

Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 19:59 - Apr 23 by Jogo

Absolutely 100%, he did not have a kind word to say about QPR.
Martin Allen on Undr The Cosh podcast on 14:51 - Apr 29 with 1799 viewsLazyFan

You can tell he was not a decent player skillwise, but made up for it with effort. Fair play for that, but clearly his upbringing has scared him even to this day.

I remember him as a player, he was not that good. A poor mans David Batty. ONe where the manager goes "his work rate is amazing", meaning he has little skill. One time he played RB against Arsenal and you could tell he was a poor player.

People will defend him though as "he ran around a lot". And he did and was decent in the tackle. But that was it really. Scowen is the type of player he was.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024