Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 22:29 - Jan 7 with 1821 viewsqprxtc

[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 11:43]
XTC on 23:04 - Jan 7 with 1750 viewsqpr1976

Dear God, Someones had a slurp….. x
XTC on 23:05 - Jan 7 with 1745 viewscharmr

Championship team as opposed to premier league stalwarts Radiohead and The Smiths.😃

Yes I am buttoning down the hatches😃
XTC on 23:24 - Jan 7 with 1698 viewsqpr1976

XTC on 23:05 - Jan 7 by charmr

Championship team as opposed to premier league stalwarts Radiohead and The Smiths.😃

Yes I am buttoning down the hatches😃

Love The Smiths, but Radiohead ! The Most overrated band I can think of. (IMO, sorry)
XTC on 23:30 - Jan 7 with 1691 viewscharmr

Add New Order but your silent face, Turn, age of consent, New order not Blue Monday, Temptation, True faith New Order.
XTC on 00:17 - Jan 8 with 1640 viewsCroydonCaptJack

XTC on 23:30 - Jan 7 by charmr

Add New Order but your silent face, Turn, age of consent, New order not Blue Monday, Temptation, True faith New Order.

Still my favourite band ever.
XTC on 00:28 - Jan 8 with 1625 viewsRs_Holy

English Settlement is a masterpiece
XTC on 04:40 - Jan 8 with 1561 viewsSonofNorfolt

XTC on 23:24 - Jan 7 by qpr1976

Love The Smiths, but Radiohead ! The Most overrated band I can think of. (IMO, sorry)

Play 'In Rainbows' on repeat until it clicks. Superb.

Boundary pushing music, Bowie, Zappa, Gabriel etc Thom Yorke/Jonny Greenwood are very much in that category.
It's ridiculous that their music is known as being 'depressing', much of it is incredibly uplifting and unique.
In years to come they will be considered as ground breaking. I'm quite sure that the majority of the general public are unaware how many of their tunes they hear in every day life?
The current Cancer Research Advert piano piece is lifted from the song 'Reckoner', simply a lovely melody.
XTC on 11:09 - Jan 8 with 1402 viewsQPRSteve

XTC, not a good as Gentle Giant or Caravan, Liam
Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 12:49 - Jan 8 with 1251 viewscharmr

Greenwood did the music for the film, power of the dog. Good film and kept thinking this music is interesting and somewhat familiar. Recommended.
XTC on 19:04 - Jan 8 with 1025 viewshantssi

XTC on 00:17 - Jan 8 by CroydonCaptJack

Still my favourite band ever.

Saw them at Victorious Festival a few years back, was really looking forward to it, they were DREADFUL, I left and went to see Clean Bandit on the second stage!
Last year saw Peter Hook, BRILLIANT!
XTC on 19:31 - Jan 8 with 905 viewsMick_S

XTC on 19:04 - Jan 8 by hantssi

Saw them at Victorious Festival a few years back, was really looking forward to it, they were DREADFUL, I left and went to see Clean Bandit on the second stage!

Peter Hook is a bastard. He refused my little 14 ish year old brother an autograph on holiday many, many years ago.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

XTC on 00:19 - Jan 9 with 748 viewsCroydonCaptJack

XTC on 19:04 - Jan 8 by hantssi

Demonstrating why I would never see them now. My memories of seeing them multiple times in the 80s are in danger of being ruined. The studio stuff still has its moments but they have been pretty poor live for a while now I believe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024