Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Role reversal - Preview 19:13 - Jan 28 with 1865 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56888
Role reversal - Preview on 20:19 - Jan 28 with 1665 viewscolinallcars

A weighty tome Clive - very enjoyable and bang on re the way Champ clubs are run.
Role reversal - Preview on 22:31 - Jan 28 with 1438 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. A very perceptive article.

It should be compulsory reading for all fans of Championship Clubs. Thankfully we seem to have learned our lesson from years of excess and our current management team are steering the good ship QPR on the correct course at last.

I hope we collect the 3 points tomorrow but do worry when you mention that Swift has not scored in his last 14 games. He does love a goal against us!
Role reversal - Preview on 23:03 - Jan 28 with 1372 viewsdaveB

can't wait for tomorrow, have had one of the worst weeks i can remember but am coming out of it with a QPR home game so all is good with the world. Please win rangers
Role reversal - Preview on 10:39 - Jan 29 with 917 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fantastic article Clive.
Defeats can ruin weekends for me, they get me down and I want to blow off steam, but not anything like they did when I was a teenager and ounched a hole in my bedroom door when we lost in the Cup to Stockport. But having lived through the absolute wilderness years follwoing our 90s Prem relegation, I became a lot more pragmatic. There'll be people on here, old adversaries I have sworn to try and be nicer to, who will say 'it's all about winning', that managers need to go at the first sign of trouble, that systems need to be junked, everything needs to be overhauled etc. But I have come to a sort of acceptance that realistically the best we can hope for is a sustainable club, that plays good football, that produces good young players once in a while and that is active in the community. And then that should bring seasons of happiness like this one. Every single club outside the top 6 in the Prem and down to about a third or even half of League One is in the same boat. None of us will ever be able to sustain a safe Premier League decades long existence like the Manchesters, Liverpool, Chelsea or the North Londoners (at least not without prolonged City-level investment). So we have to accept that our future will look like our past: we'll go up, we'll go down. We'll have great seasons, a lot of mediocre seasons, and some terrible seasons. As much as people might say you can't have that attitude, maybe you can't as owners or managers or players, but as fans i's probably healthy to accept it, even if we don't like it. BUT if we have a sustainable club that is, fantastically, strong enough to go so far and no further on signings like Cook and Paterson, and stoutly ignore the Twitter ravings to buy buy buy, then the chances are we will be happy more often than not. Because just missing out on promotion for not spending £5m on a soon to be out of contract Nahki Wells is better than being Derby.

Bare bones.

Role reversal - Preview on 11:00 - Jan 29 with 888 viewsdmm

Reading the article made me wonder which clubs have turned around the crazy money gamble - Derby et al - and put themselves on a more sensible financial footing other than QPR? There must be others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024