Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managerial transfer window 06:44 - Feb 9 with 891 viewscpgerber

Has changing a manager ever been aligned with changing playing staff, i.e. only allowed in a transfer window? Would make for an interesting debate ...

Personally think the transfer window thing is strange in the light of labour laws. "We desperately need a new accountant to handle the new workload". Sorry lads, hiring only allowed again in January, we just have to lose out to the competitors until then.

Brings back memories of the Bosman ruling. I bet if someone goes to court with the transfer window thing, he makes a decent chance of winning. Why would you not be allowed to move to a new job if the opportunity arises and you are desperately unhappy at your current one?
Managerial transfer window on 06:59 - Feb 9 with 867 viewsnumptydumpty

Interesting idea

How about an owner transfer window, stick or twist???

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Managerial transfer window on 08:44 - Feb 9 with 760 viewsSimplyNico

No. What you are referring to is entirely different to Bosman. Bosman concerned the alleged right of clubs to hold on to player registrations after fixed term playing contracts had come to an end (which at an EU level is contrary to the right of free movement of labour within the EU).

As regards not being able to move job due to a fixed term contract, that is perfectly normal and not affected by Bosman - indeed, Bosman arose only at the end of his fixed term.

And as regards having league rules restricting times of transfer (the transfer window system), this was actually introduced following an agreement reached with the European Commission in the 2002/2003 season, so any challenge to the window system would likely fail.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 8:45]
Managerial transfer window on 08:48 - Feb 9 with 753 viewscpgerber

Ah ok, I guess the main difference between a footballer's contract and us normal folk, is they don't have a notice period. Or if there is one, its what we know as the buy-out clause.

Having a transfer window is then basically just a set of rules that all participants of the competition agree on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024