Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better off 19:51 - Feb 26 with 2070 viewsMyke

If we hadn't scored our last minute winner on Wednesday night and if we hadn't conceded a soft winning goal today, we would be one point worse off than we are. And we would be SIX league games without a win. Chillax people. Would you rather be out of form and battling for a play off spot like this season or bang in form but nothing to play for like last? I would say (without actually checking) that apart from the top two, we have spent more time in the top six than anyone else this season - amazing achievement. When you go to a theme park, and go for a ride on a rollercoaster, do you enjoy the thrill of the ride or complain about how bumpy it is? I would take this over 'sixteenth' any time
Better off on 23:15 - Feb 26 with 1784 viewsSK_hoops

Innit. If someone had said at the start of the season would you take being 5th coming into March I'm sure pretty much all fans would have taken that.
Better off on 21:51 - Feb 28 with 1447 viewsBurnleyhoop

Nothing worse than spending almost the entire season in the play offs only to drop out at the death.

A lot of blood, sweat, tears and hope…..for nothing.

We are not out of it yet, but making a good fist of trying to be.
Better off on 23:03 - Feb 28 with 1352 viewsMyke

Better off on 21:51 - Feb 28 by Burnleyhoop

Nothing worse than spending almost the entire season in the play offs only to drop out at the death.

A lot of blood, sweat, tears and hope…..for nothing.

We are not out of it yet, but making a good fist of trying to be.

Are you saying you would rather we were never in the play-off places than (possibly) dropping out towards the end? Not for me. Bitterly disappointed if it happens of course, but huge strides forward this season, which we would hope to build on next
Better off on 09:10 - Mar 1 with 1156 viewsBurnleyhoop

Better off on 23:03 - Feb 28 by Myke

Are you saying you would rather we were never in the play-off places than (possibly) dropping out towards the end? Not for me. Bitterly disappointed if it happens of course, but huge strides forward this season, which we would hope to build on next

In all honesty, yes Myke. Luton have spent the entire season outside the play offs with no pressure or expectation from the fans. They are now in great form and gate crashing the play offs.

I’m beginning to believe the level of expectation is weighing heavy on some of our boys. Tired legs , lack of energy, poor form. Big fan of Dickie, but he looked utterly bereft at Blackburn, confidence shot to pieces, head down looking for somewhere to hide, and he is not the only one.

We have been amazing at times over the last 12 months, but we are in a horrible rut at the moment. Unless we can snap out of it like, right now, our play off chances will be gone. And as much as I have enjoyed watching this bunch, the game is about winning and glory. Promotion, Wembley appearances, play off finals.

To have the carrot dangled for so long and been in licking distance of it and to then have it snatched away by an Ass coming up on the rails is too much to bare.

I want to see us come out of the blocks with fire in our bellies against Cardiff and if Dunne ends up with more touches than anyone else…………
Better off on 09:47 - Mar 1 with 1067 viewsfrancisbowles

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last three seasons and welcome the overall improvement that we have made. It's been great to be up around the top of the table all season and it would be disappointing to not make the play offs. However, only one team can go up from them so although it would be great to stretch the season, I don't know which would be the more disappointing to finish 7th, lose in the play off in the semi or the final.

The team is struggling. The fatigue is not only physical, but the mental part is possibly worse. Dickie is a prime example, missed out on two games and still struggling a bit.

All they can do is keep going, rest when they can, train smart, try to build confidence and hope for some luck as they try to establish some form and results.
Better off on 09:51 - Mar 1 with 1059 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I agree with and like a lot of your posts Burnleyhoop but I’m not with you this time. Other than asking for a bit of “fire in their belly” you’re not really offering any solutions. Just making statements that the game is all about glory isn’t really going to help and could arguably be counterproductive. What we need now are ideas.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Better off on 23:02 - Mar 1 with 799 viewsBurnleyhoop

Better off on 09:51 - Mar 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

I agree with and like a lot of your posts Burnleyhoop but I’m not with you this time. Other than asking for a bit of “fire in their belly” you’re not really offering any solutions. Just making statements that the game is all about glory isn’t really going to help and could arguably be counterproductive. What we need now are ideas.

I’m only stating an opinion CWS, it’s hardly up to me to come up with solutions for the collapse in form. Fans have no real awareness or understanding of what goes on behind the scenes or the psychological state and well being of the players.

What any competitive sportsman knows, is that confidence plays a key role in performance. Every player goes through peaks and toughs with their form, but it seems highly unusual that pretty much our entire team appears to have lost form and belief simultaneously.

Watching the boys on Saturday was bizarre. They looked and played like a bunch of strangers that didn’t really want to be there. My (20 year old) son and I simply couldn’t believe what was going on, particularly in that first 30 mins. It had nothing to do with a “high press”, we simply couldn’t string 3 passes together without ceding possession.

Warburton and the players now have a week to collect their thoughts and get themselves prepared for Cardiff. The mindset needs to be right, as does the game plan and personnel.

If it doesn’t happen, then I will accept that ultimately, we are likely to fall just short of the required consistency across the entire campaign to hit the play offs.

Having been so good for so long it will be agonising to see it happen.

I’m hoping the boys turn the corner and show us what they are made of on Saturday.
Better off on 10:10 - Mar 2 with 675 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Better off on 23:02 - Mar 1 by Burnleyhoop

I’m only stating an opinion CWS, it’s hardly up to me to come up with solutions for the collapse in form. Fans have no real awareness or understanding of what goes on behind the scenes or the psychological state and well being of the players.

What any competitive sportsman knows, is that confidence plays a key role in performance. Every player goes through peaks and toughs with their form, but it seems highly unusual that pretty much our entire team appears to have lost form and belief simultaneously.

Watching the boys on Saturday was bizarre. They looked and played like a bunch of strangers that didn’t really want to be there. My (20 year old) son and I simply couldn’t believe what was going on, particularly in that first 30 mins. It had nothing to do with a “high press”, we simply couldn’t string 3 passes together without ceding possession.

Warburton and the players now have a week to collect their thoughts and get themselves prepared for Cardiff. The mindset needs to be right, as does the game plan and personnel.

If it doesn’t happen, then I will accept that ultimately, we are likely to fall just short of the required consistency across the entire campaign to hit the play offs.

Having been so good for so long it will be agonising to see it happen.

I’m hoping the boys turn the corner and show us what they are made of on Saturday.

A fine opinion it is too Burnleyhoop!

I didn't see the poor performance at Blackburn as being that much of a disaster. A 1-0 defeat was very predictable, particularly after the emotions and exertions on Wednesday night.

Aside from the Reading and arguably the Boro games our performances haven't been very good for some time. Mostly relying on moments of magic and luck and never giving up the cause.

I'd prefer a dip in form now and a strong end to the season any day. It was always a difficult run in to the season particularly away from home. Not many points gained from the places we have to visit, in recent history. It's great that we are where we are so good form at home and a couple of surprise wins here and there should see us into the playoffs. 🤞

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024