Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New pitch etc 08:35 - Jun 10 with 1865 viewsandrew1302

Well we have a great new training pitch and playing surface at Loftus Road , shame we don't have seemingly many decent players at any level to use them. Great we are doing this work but i just don't get how people think if you own a Ferrari you are a good driver. A wonderful investment i agree but you have to have a management team who can pick the players to use them successfully. Without this element of the equation all the infra structure work is just a waste of money. Our squad which seems destined to lose any quality it has left is at best seriously depleted and i fear all this money spent on ground improvement will be wasted without a new management team at the top. They have failed totally so far so why will there now be a miraculous change? Every day i am at a loss as to why Ruben does nothing in this area.
New pitch etc on 09:33 - Jun 10 with 1753 viewsCateLeBonR

I think the idea is that the new infrastructure and pitches will help us attract a better quality of player and produce better players ourselves eventually 🤞 Your Ferrari analogy is a good one and I kind of agree. It’s a bold statement by the owners and it’s in everyone’s interests that it pays off.
New pitch etc on 10:02 - Jun 10 with 1700 viewsWatford_Ranger

When we’re playing champagne football with a 33-year-old Dutch head coach from October this will be rewarded handsomely.
New pitch etc on 10:22 - Jun 10 with 1664 viewsBurnleyhoop

New pitch etc on 09:33 - Jun 10 by CateLeBonR

I think the idea is that the new infrastructure and pitches will help us attract a better quality of player and produce better players ourselves eventually 🤞 Your Ferrari analogy is a good one and I kind of agree. It’s a bold statement by the owners and it’s in everyone’s interests that it pays off.

Attract them how? We have no money to buy any one above league one standard, with wages to match. All our better players have to be flogged off at cut price to balance the books.

The training facilities are supposedly there to improve the “rough diamonds”, but our success rate at doing that has frankly been piss poor. It’s the calibre of personnel that is important, not the facilities.

The completion of this project should have been an exciting milestone in the development of QPR, but it comes after 2 years of utter mismanagement of the footballing side as we find ourselves in a precarious position with aspirations of no more than just surviving next season.

Watching the latest video update on the new facilities gives me no optimism whatsoever unfortunately. Sad 😞
New pitch etc on 13:13 - Jun 10 with 1495 viewsNov77

We’ve needed a new pitch for a long time to replace our bouncy concrete threadbare by January Brillo pad.

Unfortunately, it might only help the opposition, ironically after years of trying to pass the ball to death, we’re now embarking on a journey of Jurassic hoofball, and as doc brown might say, “where we’re going, we don’t need a playing surface”.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New pitch etc on 14:37 - Jun 10 with 1353 viewsDejR_vu

There’s a long list of things the club deserves criticism for imo, but I don’t think Heston or a new pitch should be on that list. Warren Farm was a dog’s dinner, but this looks like it’s on point. There’s still plenty of time for them to mess it up, I expect a sting in the tail at some point (like carving it out of the club when they move on) but, as things stand, I can’t see how they can be criticised for improving the infrastructure (although it does stick in the throat a little that they were prepared to pour cash down Barton’s gullet and the rest of those charlatans, but have raised funding for 40% of the build from the Bond issue but the facility itself looks fantastic).

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New pitch etc on 16:19 - Jun 10 with 1260 viewsBushRanger82

Great.
Now all we need is a team with a winning mentality, making good use of them.
New pitch etc on 23:33 - Jun 10 with 1089 viewsChrisNW6

Regardless of what league we are in the pitch needed replacing. The board could of held back a season or two but they are investing in the infrastructure and Heston has been a massive project. Last season was an absolute nightmare for the whole club but I am glad the board are still supporting the long term plans.

Who knows how we will be feeling 5 games into next season, but one thing I have learned following the Rs is expect the worst and sometimes you get pleasantly surprised.

16th place is the goal 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024