Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utilities 09:09 - Sep 29 with 1323 viewsted_hendrix

I was number 523 In the queue as I tried to log into my gas/electric supplier this morning.
Got on in the end and submitted me readings, thankfully I signed up for a two Year fixed rate last December.
Number 523 in the queue !!!!
Thats a first.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Utilities on 09:28 - Sep 29 with 1243 viewsslmrstid

This happened 6 months ago when the price cap last increased, all the energy websites crashed with everyone logging on in the last day of the month to submit their readings.

Surprised its happening in the second last day of the month, but maybe the above explains that.

I submit my meter readings monthly to my energy supplier anyway so the monthly bill I get from them is constantly accurate and I know the direct debit is in line with where it should be. Although perhaps I need to try and do one reading tonight in case I can't get on tomorrow...

Understanding your energy bills against the physical monies you actually pay is so important and so many people are utterly clueless on it - I know many people up here who just get billed for months/years on end on estimated readings then cry when they discover they're massively in deficit on the account when an actual reading is submitted (or the other way around when they've got a huge unnecessary credit and face a battle getting their cash back).

Also - and sorry on a soap box now - I know other people who deliberately overpay their energy account and treat it like a "savings account" so they can request a refund from a supplier at some point to use for holiday/Christmas shopping. This genuinely blows my mind as I cannot understand why you wouldn't just keep the cash yourself in a savings account rather than just blindly hand it over to an energy company that, as the last year has shown, could go bust anytime and your credit balance suddenly becomes a nightmare to get hold of again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024