Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamaica Farewell to Mr Harry Belafonte 15:21 - Apr 25 with 2032 viewsSimonJames

Harry Belafonte, who stormed the pop charts and smashed racial barriers in the 1950s with his highly personal brand of folk music, and who went on to become a major force in the civil rights movement, died on Tuesday at his home on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. He was 96.
RIP

100% of people who drink water will die.

Jamaica Farewell to Mr Harry Belafonte on 15:39 - Apr 25 with 1960 viewsCamberleyR

"'Del, how do you pronounce that fella's name on the telly, Sidney Poitier or Sidney Potter?

"Personally I'd pronounce it Harry Belafonte but you two can please yourself"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jamaica Farewell to Mr Harry Belafonte on 15:42 - Apr 25 with 1924 viewsHayesender

Jamaica Farewell to Mr Harry Belafonte on 15:39 - Apr 25 by CamberleyR

"'Del, how do you pronounce that fella's name on the telly, Sidney Poitier or Sidney Potter?

"Personally I'd pronounce it Harry Belafonte but you two can please yourself"

I wondered why Sydney Potter kept bursting into song

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jamaica Farewell to Mr Harry Belafonte on 16:19 - Apr 25 with 1833 viewsdmm

One of a long line of Afro American singers who stood up for social and racial justice, such as Paul Robeson, Billie Holiday, Sam Cooke, Gil Scott Heron, Nina Simone and others.

Rest in Power Harry Belafonte.
Jamaica Farewell to Mr Harry Belafonte on 19:02 - Apr 25 with 1692 viewscolinallcars

When I got my first job back in, er, well a long time ago, we used to sing “ day-o, day-o, 5 o' clock come an' we wanna go 'ome”
RIP Harry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024