Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop buying players? 17:25 - Jun 5 with 2069 viewsGloucs_R

Do you think we're at the stage now where, as a club, we should stop spending money on buying players?

[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 19:23]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Stop buying players on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 2036 viewshertshoops

Yes - I would imagine the ultimate criteria for any potential incoming is whether he is out of contract
Stop buying players on 17:32 - Jun 5 with 2011 viewsdaveB

That does seem a bit extreme, we had a bad half a season, we shouldn't just give up
Stop buying players on 17:40 - Jun 5 with 1981 viewsGloucs_R

Stop buying players on 17:32 - Jun 5 by daveB

That does seem a bit extreme, we had a bad half a season, we shouldn't just give up

Not sure We would be giving up just consolidating our finances for a short period of time.

Personally, at this moment in time, I don't think we should be spending more than £500k on a single player.

Stop buying players on 17:44 - Jun 5 with 1963 viewsozranger

Stop buying players on 17:32 - Jun 5 by daveB

Don't worry Dave. The idea is a club with no players.. works similar to this

Stop buying players on 18:04 - Jun 5 with 1881 viewsdaveB

Stop buying players on 17:40 - Jun 5 by Gloucs_R

Not sure We would be giving up just consolidating our finances for a short period of time.

Personally, at this moment in time, I don't think we should be spending more than £500k on a single player.

I wouldn't have thought we can afford to spend much more than that but you can still get some decent players in that market and use the loan market well
Stop buying players on 18:22 - Jun 5 with 1828 viewsjohnhoop

How about selling players? Dickie’s on his way and if he’s followed by Chair, Dykes and Dieng, as is quite possible, what we’d have left at the club without any additions would see us relegated with a record low points total.
Stop buying players on 18:30 - Jun 5 with 1795 viewsGloucs_R

Stop buying players on 18:22 - Jun 5 by johnhoop

How about selling players? Dickie’s on his way and if he’s followed by Chair, Dykes and Dieng, as is quite possible, what we’d have left at the club without any additions would see us relegated with a record low points total.

Plenty of players available on free transfers as their contracts have come to an end.

Stop buying players on 18:36 - Jun 5 with 1772 viewsBluce_Ree

You know how sometimes a team gets a transfer embargo as a punishment? Why would we do that to ourselves?

Sure we might be able to do a bit of free transfer/loan action but with no transfers to get the fans interested, and no team to get results, our fanbase will be sorely tested. Fewer tickets sold, less merch, less buzz.

We've got to compete somehow, otherwise what's the point? And if you're a talented young player and two teams come calling for you and one of them is a depleted QPR trying to exist on scraps, why would you sign for us and not a normal team with normal business practices?

We're f**ked, but we're not so f**ked that we get to stop trying.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Stop buying players on 18:40 - Jun 5 with 1754 viewsDorse

We could stop buying crap players? Would that be alright?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stop buying players on 18:57 - Jun 5 with 1673 viewsGloucs_R

Stop buying players on 18:40 - Jun 5 by Dorse

If only 😂

Stop buying players on 19:08 - Jun 5 with 1641 viewsBluce_Ree

I'm sorry, chap, this is a QPR forum.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Stop buying players on 20:05 - Jun 5 with 1495 viewsPunteR

Stop buying players on 18:04 - Jun 5 by daveB

I wouldn't have thought we can afford to spend much more than that but you can still get some decent players in that market and use the loan market well

We need to stop with the loans imo. Just a sideways step.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stop buying players on 20:15 - Jun 5 with 1461 viewsHooparoo

Stop buying players on 20:05 - Jun 5 by PunteR

We need to stop with the loans imo. Just a sideways step.

Sorry Punter, accidentally hit the down arrow when I meant to do the opposite. I agree with you about the loans. At the very least, we need to cut it back to one or two. Too many Billy big bollocks Prem players last season who didn’t want to be here.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Stop buying players on 20:21 - Jun 5 with 1447 viewsPunteR

You might be onto something here Dorse.

Stop buying players on 20:24 - Jun 5 with 1430 viewsPunteR

Stop buying players on 20:15 - Jun 5 by Hooparoo

Sorry Punter, accidentally hit the down arrow when I meant to do the opposite. I agree with you about the loans. At the very least, we need to cut it back to one or two. Too many Billy big bollocks Prem players last season who didn’t want to be here.

No problemo mate.

Yeh i know loans can be helpful but they only really work if the team is half decent anyway and the season is going ok.

Stop buying players? on 20:27 - Jun 5 with 1420 viewsLblock

The question is slightly wrong.

It should have said "Do you think, as a club, we should stop CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS buying players?"

Anyone who disagrees with that one is bra short of a boob.

Until you remove the absolute tvvats who have presided over this sh1tshpw we will be a little bluebottle of a club buzzing around, being annoying and slamming our heads onto the glass whilst outside it looks lovely.
I am shocked to my core that these clowns are still pulling the strings and signing off on transfers - why even today they wrote off another lump of cash. yet on they go shrugging their shoulders "FFP innit"... "big clubs innit"... "COVID innit".

Well..... it's QPR innit.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024