Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hope springs eternal? 18:34 - Jan 7 with 1573 viewswortonr

In the rather chilly light of day, I’ve had the chance to reflect a bit.
Yes, I know we have got used to abject misery and the frustration on here is understandable - though I think some of the exchanges are inappropriate and unnecessary.
However
How about this for another way of looking at things?
Bournemouth are a very good side with a strong squad on the back of a series of very good results in the Premier League. They are realistic contenders in this competition.
We were missing six, arguably seven players who would be in many of our best, starting 11s. The back four had never played together before yet for half the game we easily matched strong opposition. If , and it’s a big if, We can somehow build on the positive aspects of our play and get some control over our set pieces and theirs there’s still genuine hope
till the end of January anyway. I’ll get my coat.
hope springs eternal? on 18:57 - Jan 7 with 1483 viewsBushRanger82

We were 2-0 up at half time. We conceded almost straight from the start of the second half. The rest followed naturally.
Bournemouth are a premier league club in name only. Their ambition is to cling to their place in the premier for as long as they can. They are always on borrowed time. They will be a Championship club once again, and sooner rather than later.
We lost having gone in at half time 2-0 up, because the club lacks pride, and our team is absolute wanyk, and our squad the weakest I've seen in 50 years of supporting the Rs.
hope springs eternal? on 18:59 - Jan 7 with 1473 viewsdaveB

hope springs eternal? on 18:57 - Jan 7 by BushRanger82

We were 2-0 up at half time. We conceded almost straight from the start of the second half. The rest followed naturally.
Bournemouth are a premier league club in name only. Their ambition is to cling to their place in the premier for as long as they can. They are always on borrowed time. They will be a Championship club once again, and sooner rather than later.
We lost having gone in at half time 2-0 up, because the club lacks pride, and our team is absolute wanyk, and our squad the weakest I've seen in 50 years of supporting the Rs.

They are a Premier League team in more than name, looked a good side to me, we were a bit fortunate to be 2 up to be honest as they'd had a few chances first half and they stepped up second half and were just too good for us

No disgrace from us, nothing to do with pride, heads didn't drop and they kept going till the end and came close to nicking a draw
hope springs eternal? on 19:08 - Jan 7 with 1428 viewsBushRanger82

Bloody hell!
Is it any wonder we are where we are today. Languishing in the bottom 3, and out of the FA cup at the first bloody hurdle for the umpteenth time again?
hope springs eternal? on 19:29 - Jan 7 with 1349 viewsPaddyhoops

We were great First half .
Plusses .- layrkeche . Really decent
EDB. Always involved
Smyth . Good first half
Field . Return to form
Armstrong. Best he’s been . That pace is frightening and a finish at last
Minus Begovich . Great shot stopping don’t make a great keeper.
Dunne . Where do you start? Not helped by Begovich.
Would have taken 3.2 defeat at the start but to lose a two goal lead with unforced errors. Sad.
hope springs eternal? on 19:29 - Jan 7 with 1349 viewsRangersw12

hope springs eternal? on 18:59 - Jan 7 by daveB

They are a Premier League team in more than name, looked a good side to me, we were a bit fortunate to be 2 up to be honest as they'd had a few chances first half and they stepped up second half and were just too good for us

No disgrace from us, nothing to do with pride, heads didn't drop and they kept going till the end and came close to nicking a draw

Have to agree but still galling that tin pot clubs like Bournemouth are miles ahead of us
hope springs eternal? on 19:49 - Jan 7 with 1295 viewsdaveB

hope springs eternal? on 19:29 - Jan 7 by Rangersw12

Have to agree but still galling that tin pot clubs like Bournemouth are miles ahead of us

they are far from tin pot, have been very good for about 12 years now going up the leagues, deserve to be where they are, good luck to them
hope springs eternal? on 19:50 - Jan 7 with 1283 viewsOldPedro

Bournemouth's rise was no fairy tale story - all about the money.

https://www.cityam.com/how-bournemouths-promotion-push-was-funded-russian-millio

What they have done generally, is spend that money well. We haven't.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

hope springs eternal? on 20:21 - Jan 7 with 1149 viewsJimthehip

At least its a team that isn't used to success and doesn't seen to have really arrogant fans is doing alright though
Login to get fewer ads

hope springs eternal? on 20:28 - Jan 7 with 1111 viewsBoston

hope springs eternal? on 20:21 - Jan 7 by Jimthehip

At least its a team that isn't used to success and doesn't seen to have really arrogant fans is doing alright though

Their fans were pretty decent in my book.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

hope springs eternal? on 20:32 - Jan 7 with 1082 viewsJimthehip

hope springs eternal? on 20:28 - Jan 7 by Boston

Their fans were pretty decent in my book.

I thought they seemed OK over stream.

You know what I don't get is? Those guys that when your tram scores immediately swearing and point at opposing fans? It's really weird you see all these like middle aged men all of a sudden become 12 year olds!
hope springs eternal? on 20:45 - Jan 7 with 1031 viewsloftupper

hope springs eternal? on 20:32 - Jan 7 by Jimthehip

I thought they seemed OK over stream.

You know what I don't get is? Those guys that when your tram scores immediately swearing and point at opposing fans? It's really weird you see all these like middle aged men all of a sudden become 12 year olds!

Easy to get caught up in the moment celebrating a goal by laughing and pointing at oppo fans who have been giving it out. Agree there is a line that can be embarrassing to cross for some who should know better though, myself included :).
hope springs eternal? on 20:47 - Jan 7 with 1005 viewsJimthehip

hope springs eternal? on 20:45 - Jan 7 by loftupper

Easy to get caught up in the moment celebrating a goal by laughing and pointing at oppo fans who have been giving it out. Agree there is a line that can be embarrassing to cross for some who should know better though, myself included :).

True.. I always think to myself as I'm swearing opposition fans.. hey maybe I shouldn't do this? 🤣😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024