Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? 17:13 - Mar 26 with 1190 viewsRBlock

Taking relegation back to the championship as a given, has anyone thought about the possibility of not coming back up immediately??

If you take a pessimistic viewpoint we could start next season without:
Zamora-Cisse-Taarabt-Barton-SWP-Taiwo-Diakite-Faurlin(reckon he will stay due to injury, but a big team might have a punt)

This would leave us with
Mackie Heidar DJ Bothroyd Smith Ephraim
Akos Derry
Hill Traore Nedum Anton Luke Young Hall Gabbidon Connolly

Yes Diakite might decide to sign regardless of relegation and Ale will probably stay that still leaves us with a pretty disjointed side. Most of the forwards have not played with each other for an extended period of time either, certainly not recently, and it remains to be seen how these players will perform without Warnock's motivation/system.

Assuming Sparky stays, will he be tactically astute enough for the championship considering he has only ever managed at Prem/International level??

It will be a season of re-adjusting and re-building. To pull another promotion off will be a great achievement IMO
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:23 - Mar 26 with 891 viewsjohnhoop

I just don't get the assumption that JB and SWP are going to be off.No Premiership side in their right mind is going to want to pay them anything like the wages they're getting with us after the crap form they've shown all this season.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:23 - Mar 26 with 890 viewsJonDoeman

"Taking relegation back to the championship as a given, has anyone thought about the possibility of not coming back up immediately??"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'd have thought 100% of us. WE R QPR

It Is What It Is !!

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:30 - Mar 26 with 869 viewsadhoc_qpr

Also this summer will be a mess - trying to shift players out and bring others in, speculation about Hughes staying or going, inevitable speculation about the clubs finances and whether Fernandes is staying or going.

It's hardly going to be the settled pre-season we need!

I still think we'd be decent enough to mount a playoff campaign if we kept the right blend of players (DJ and Bothroyd a decent Championship strikeforce for example).

Also i'd like 2 of Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan to come down with us as they all have financial problems and may struggle - unlike Wolves who once they have a new manager should be poised for an instant return.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:32 - Mar 26 with 864 viewsJuzzie

Also, there seems to be a notion that we have Diakite on loan, I'm 99.9999999% certian he signed a deal, 2 1/2 years I think. It's Taiwo that is on loan, from AC Milan.

As for selling contracted players... yes, someone will have to want to buy them. There seems to also be a notion we can just 'sell' them, easy as that.

Even if we're happy to let them go on a free just to off load them from the wage bill, the potential buying club will have to match or better the salary they're currently on. Unless the player is willing to take a pay cut to be playing back in the Prem. If any can't, then we'll have them for the duration of their contract as per Vine, Agyemang etc.

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:35 - Mar 26 with 858 viewsJonDoeman

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:32 - Mar 26 by Juzzie

Also, there seems to be a notion that we have Diakite on loan, I'm 99.9999999% certian he signed a deal, 2 1/2 years I think. It's Taiwo that is on loan, from AC Milan.

As for selling contracted players... yes, someone will have to want to buy them. There seems to also be a notion we can just 'sell' them, easy as that.

Even if we're happy to let them go on a free just to off load them from the wage bill, the potential buying club will have to match or better the salary they're currently on. Unless the player is willing to take a pay cut to be playing back in the Prem. If any can't, then we'll have them for the duration of their contract as per Vine, Agyemang etc.

Think Diakite deal was we sign if we stay up. Jamie?

It Is What It Is !!

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:42 - Mar 26 with 844 viewsJuzzie

Nothing either way on his player profile on the offish but according to wikipedia he is on loan with a view to a permanent deal, whixh I suspect is unlikely now. At least that clears that up for me!

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:44 - Mar 26 with 840 viewsJamie

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:35 - Mar 26 by JonDoeman

Think Diakite deal was we sign if we stay up. Jamie?

Diakite & Taiwo are both on loan. Deals been agreed for them IF we stay up.

As for coming back up, it will be very difficult indeed.

Wolves are in a relatively decent financial position and must surely be working behind the scenes to get a new manager for next season - Dave Jones? Barking Billy Davies?

Middlesboro, Birmingham, Cardiff will all surely be strong. Warnock's Leeds cant be counted out. Leicester are spending like crazy. Brighton are going about it sensibly, playing good football with a good squad.

Now that parachute payments have been restructured, we cant expect them to save us financially. Barton's 'alleged' salary takes up 33% of a years PP alone. We'll likely have a manager with no Championship experience and we will need a massive squad overhaul.

As for Barton & SWP. I fancy the club and their advisors may sit down to work out 'agreements' that move them on. Lets be honest, neither player will want anything to do with the Championship, and we cant afford to pay them.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:33 - Mar 26 with 787 viewsWatfordR

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 17:44 - Mar 26 by Jamie

Diakite & Taiwo are both on loan. Deals been agreed for them IF we stay up.

As for coming back up, it will be very difficult indeed.

Wolves are in a relatively decent financial position and must surely be working behind the scenes to get a new manager for next season - Dave Jones? Barking Billy Davies?

Middlesboro, Birmingham, Cardiff will all surely be strong. Warnock's Leeds cant be counted out. Leicester are spending like crazy. Brighton are going about it sensibly, playing good football with a good squad.

Now that parachute payments have been restructured, we cant expect them to save us financially. Barton's 'alleged' salary takes up 33% of a years PP alone. We'll likely have a manager with no Championship experience and we will need a massive squad overhaul.

As for Barton & SWP. I fancy the club and their advisors may sit down to work out 'agreements' that move them on. Lets be honest, neither player will want anything to do with the Championship, and we cant afford to pay them.

Remind me, which division did Barton play in during season 09-10? Couldn't have been the Championship as he wouldn't want anything to do with it.
Login to get fewer ads

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:42 - Mar 26 with 775 viewsJamie

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:33 - Mar 26 by WatfordR

Remind me, which division did Barton play in during season 09-10? Couldn't have been the Championship as he wouldn't want anything to do with it.

Yes he went down with Newcastle who held onto basically the entire squad and were always coming back up. Newcastle also had NO relegation wage clauses.

With us needing a total overhaul this summer and (you'd hope) a large wage cut, is he going to stay around? Someone in the Premiership would take him off our hands. Everton would be a good move for him.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:46 - Mar 26 with 768 viewsSuperhoops2808

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:42 - Mar 26 by Jamie

Yes he went down with Newcastle who held onto basically the entire squad and were always coming back up. Newcastle also had NO relegation wage clauses.

With us needing a total overhaul this summer and (you'd hope) a large wage cut, is he going to stay around? Someone in the Premiership would take him off our hands. Everton would be a good move for him.

So why cant we do what Newcastle did??
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:58 - Mar 26 with 748 viewsJonDoeman

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:33 - Mar 26 by WatfordR

Didn't play much.
=====================================
Name Start Sub Taken off Came on Goal
Joey Barton 8 7 6 7 1

It Is What It Is !!

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 19:03 - Mar 26 with 742 viewsCamberleyR

Someone mentioned Billy Davies earlier. If Hughes does p1ss off at the end of the season he wouldn't be a bad shout to get us back up. He's a bit like Warnock in that you think he's a horrible little sh1t when he's against you but want him on your side.

He's also got Derby promoted and Preston (twice in in the two seasons he was there) and Forest into the play-offs.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 19:03 - Mar 26 with 742 viewsjohnhoop

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:42 - Mar 26 by Jamie

So you're assuming that David Moyes,who is a pretty astute manager,would be unaware of Barton's performance level (absolute toilet but still a few rungs above SWP) this season then?
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 19:05 - Mar 26 with 734 viewsJonDoeman

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 19:03 - Mar 26 by CamberleyR

Someone mentioned Billy Davies earlier. If Hughes does p1ss off at the end of the season he wouldn't be a bad shout to get us back up. He's a bit like Warnock in that you think he's a horrible little sh1t when he's against you but want him on your side.

He's also got Derby promoted and Preston (twice in in the two seasons he was there) and Forest into the play-offs.

The Intense Wee Sweaty, you could be right!

It Is What It Is !!

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 19:47 - Mar 26 with 675 viewsQPR1882

Kenny and maybe a few more will join Warnock at Leeds in the summer.Will Cerny be up for playing a whole season ? does that mean we will have to get another keeper ?
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 20:23 - Mar 26 with 641 viewsCamberleyR

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 19:47 - Mar 26 by QPR1882

Kenny and maybe a few more will join Warnock at Leeds in the summer.Will Cerny be up for playing a whole season ? does that mean we will have to get another keeper ?

Keiren Westwood? Not getting much game time as third choice at Sunderland.

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 20:38 - Mar 26 with 622 viewsMonahoop

If we go down, it will be a messy pre season, for reasons a few have already mentioned. The likelihood of an immediate return will be tough, not impossible, but I can see us restructuring, trying to develop some stability and harmony in the playing squad, so in all fairness somewhere around mid table might be more realistic. But who knows.

Then there is the little problem of who will be in charge. I'm certain MH won't be around. We need a stable and strong character who will command respect from all quarters and that includes the fans. We won't see that with Billy Davies I'm sure and god forbid us if Megson tries to step into the breach. I'd like to see some of the good younger managers have a stab, someone like Adkins, Hughton, Poyet or that fella at Swansea who's name eludes me at present.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 21:08 - Mar 26 with 567 viewsTGRRRSSS

Hopefully the overal structural changes and development of the club as a whole continues with TF, Amit and Beard helping evolve the club to ensure it's future.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 21:42 - Mar 26 with 520 viewsSpiritofGregory

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 20:23 - Mar 26 by CamberleyR

Keiren Westwood? Not getting much game time as third choice at Sunderland.

No more rejects!

Haven't we learnt any lessons from our signings. If he is third choice at Sunderland, that means he is shite.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 21:51 - Mar 26 with 507 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not really many players go from reject at one club to stars via another route.
Westwood would be such an example.
Goalkeeper is the only position where you cannot play elsewhere.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 22:50 - Mar 26 with 464 viewsCamberleyR

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 21:42 - Mar 26 by SpiritofGregory

No more rejects!

Haven't we learnt any lessons from our signings. If he is third choice at Sunderland, that means he is shite.

Disagree. Whenever I saw Westwood for Coventry last year, particularly in the two games against us, he was excellent. In fact he probably kept them up. Only Shay Given is stopping him being the current Irish number one.

And we've had plenty of players down the years that were 'rejects' at one club but were stars at Rangers, the great Rodney for one.

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 22:56 - Mar 26 with 457 viewssmegma

And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 18:58 - Mar 26 by JonDoeman

Didn't play much.
=====================================
Name Start Sub Taken off Came on Goal
Joey Barton 8 7 6 7 1

He didn't play much as he spent a large part of the season injured.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 22:58 - Mar 26 with 456 viewssmegma

"And what if we dont bounce straight back up ??"

I'll still be queuing up to buy my season ticket, its what I do.
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 09:28 - Mar 27 with 356 viewsRBlock

Of course you renew the season ticket. It is not the be all and end all, and i will continue to spend absurd amounts of time, money and effort to follow QPR. I was just pointing this out as it seems a lot of people I have talked to, and a fair few people from this forum, seem to take for granted that we will bounce straight back up and than go on to new heights with TF and Amit's backing!
And what if we don't bounce straight back up?? on 09:33 - Mar 27 with 351 viewsadhoc_qpr

Westwood has been excellent for Sunderland, making 9 or 10 appearances and playing well (amazing double save versus Man Utd).

However, he is currently their second choice after Simon Mignolet, the Belgian International goalie who was already their established number one and is a fine goalie - so no slight to Wetswood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024